A Radiant New trailer For Child of Light Emerges, With A Slight Change To The Euro Release Date

Posted by Conor McMahon

Burning brighter with every glimpse we get

Ubisoft's artistic action-RPG Child of Light has been drawing plenty of attention since its announcement last year, and yesterday's Nintendo Direct has treated us to yet another gorgeous trailer.

There's plenty of gameplay brought to light as the young Princess Aurora battles, explores, and puzzles her way through the world of Lemuria. The trailer also focuses on her companion Igniculus, a firefly that can actually be controlled by a second player. Work together, and the guiding light can distract enemies, leave messages and heal your party.

It's all looking pretty sumptuous, ready to launch on Wii U and other platforms on the 30th of April in North America, and the slightly altered date of 1st May in Europe.

Are you burning to play this one? Or is it just a mere flicker on the horizon? Either way, let us know in a comment below.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

This looks lovely. I'm definitely eagerly anticipating the reviews for it.

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

Looks perfect for co-play with kids. Wonder if it will be fully localized as all others Ubi games...

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

Ubisoft delaying a game? Wow, that's new.

/sarcasm

Well, it's only for a day, but still..

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

I know it's not anything like Rayman Legends... but I'm freaked by how much it's like Rayman Legends. Don't know if I could get past this fact to like it?

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

I'm really curious how this game will work out - the visuals seem rather promising!

@MrGawain The game might be based on the UbiArt Framework, which was developed specifically for Rayman Origins and Legends.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

I'm definitely going to pick this up on April 30th. Good thing I stocked up on eShop cards when Best Buy had them 20% off.

Varoennauraa

Varoennauraa said:

I like turn based combat.
I like real time combat as well.

But this looks some what boring battle system. Hopefully there's something, that I don't yet see(actually, I am pretty hopeful).

Action51

Action51 said:

This reminds me of Valkyrie Profile on the PS1. (not the strategy game for DS)

That was a fun, side-scrolling, action RPG with a female hero and beautiful hand-drawn artwork. This looks like the sort of game that appeals to Nintendo gamers and it will probably sell pretty well on Wii U.

Maybe Ubisoft will get the message that Nintendo owners want innovative and visually interesting titles, not gimped ports of sequels to series that were popularized on other platforms.