Video: New Siesta Fiesta Gameplay Lights Up The Night On 3DS eShop

Posted by Conor McMahon

A potential sleeper hit

The 3DS eShop has given plenty of new developers the chance to show off their skills, and provided us with no shortage of quality titles either. It's a breeding ground for some fantastic innovation, and now UK studio Mojo Bones has one hugely colourful new idea to show off. Arriba!!

Designer Stuart Ryall has pointed us towards the latest trailer for its downloadable title Siesta Fiesta, showcasing plenty of gameplay and some sumptuous visuals, too.

Siesta Fiesta blends together elements of a sidescroller, pinball game and block breaker into one hectic package, and its looking like they all fit together pretty darn well. With 8 regions, over 55 levels — including 8 Piñata bosses — and multiple game modes to choose from, 3DS owners can start preparing themselves for a few sleepless nights with this potential carnival of a title.

The trailer announces a release window of March 2014, so we don't have too long to wait. Until then, you can check out our interview with Mojo Bones if you're after some more juicy details, like how it will all run at a gloriously slick 60 frames per second. Is this one on your radar?

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

This game reminds me alot of the cartoon BeetleJuice off of cartoonnetwork back in the early 1990's with the graphics for some reason....

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

This is what Flingsmash should have been. Actually, looks better.

Colour me interested.

PrincessEevee9

PrincessEevee9 said:

Never have I been so hyped for an eShop game such as this.

I swear this reminds me of Rayman Legends could just be the music though.

MojoBones

MojoBones said:

Hey guys, the Mojo Bones team here.

Shout-out for all the kind comments... we're really looking forward to getting the game to you all. PrincessEevee9: we're massive Rayman fans so definitely an influence there.

NImH

NImH said:

Just the sort of thing I like to see on my Nintendo consoles. I'm very intrigued.

eduardopaulo

eduardopaulo said:

I have the impression I won't be able to stop playing this one once it's out... Unless it gets very bad reviews.

Stargazer

Stargazer said:

@MojoBones

Nice to see you here! I knew you guys sounded familiar and I just realized that you made Tongue Tied. That game is great. Hope to try this one out soon.

boywundr

boywundr said:

As a HUGE fan of Arkanoid (in the arcade... sigh I'm old), this totally has my attention. Great gameplay video... I'm in for a copy! :D

Stu13

Stu13 said:

The few seconds of this in the eShop 'sizzle reel' deal a while back really made me want to see more of it, and I do believe that video just sold me.

JonnyKong

JonnyKong said:

This does look like a lot of fun. I feel like I've been neglecting my 3DS lately so I'm in desperate need of something new to play on it.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

It's the new Alleyway x Pinball crossover! I've been waiting on this my whole life lol! Loved me some Alleyway back on the original Gameboy...

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@JonnyKong

Here's some really great 3DS games I'd recommend- maybe there's some you see here that you haven't played yet:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Zelda Link Between Worlds
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Starfox 64
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus Uprising
Resident Evil Revelations
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (better on Wii U though)
Tales of the Abyss
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Super Mario 3D Land
Shin Megami Tensei 4

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

It does look pretty fun if you're on the market for this sort of thing, and I can definitely see the Rayman Legends influence on the graphics and music. Sadly, I've become kinda burned out on these smartphone-y games lately; it seems I can't really enjoy them like I used to.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@MojoBones well you certainly have my money :) Arkanoid is one of my personal favorite arcade games (sadly we sold our Arcade cabinet, but we have a multi-game cabinet with it in it :D), really hope this Fiesta Supresa (surprise for me, at least.. Must have missed the previous articles on it) does well for you all at MojoBones! I'm an aspiring game developer myself, and I know great game design when I see it.. And a winner is you :)

Shambo

Shambo said:

That image reminds me of Rayman Legends, and the game looks interesting... A demo would be very welcome.

MojoBones

MojoBones said:

@B3ND3R Thanks for your support!

Re: game dev: Siesta Fiesta has been developed by a really small team, and there are more opportunities for indie devs than ever before. Exciting times! If you need any advice - or have any questions - then drop us a mail at info@mojobones.co.uk

JosieC84

JosieC84 said:

I praise game developers who actually try and make different genres. This looks pretty addictive. The music sounds really cute too.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@MojoBones Thanks! :) I'm currently at the drawing board for my first game project. I've done some basic demo-type games to see what does what, and I'm kinda wanting to make a Stealth Platformer with a bit of action, thanks to the inspiration of works such as Klei's Mark of the Ninja and pretty much every NES/SNES platformer... Still torn on whether 16-bit art or hand/computer-drawn art is more appropriate... I want it to be futuristic (sort of like the kind of environments in Strider 2), but at the same time no guns, just really awesome melee weapons and maybe some bows... Modernized of course :) The amount of love that goes into making games is astounding, and you guys are doing it right! Mixing genres like that is risky, but it looks great!

WitchSugoi

WitchSugoi said:

I've been waiting to hear more about this title. Was sold on it when the first footage emerged. Still looks really fun. Hope the price is right because this will likely be a Day 1 purchase for me.

MojoBones

MojoBones said:

@B3ND3R Sounds like your well on your way! Side-on platforming has been well-served lately (Guacamelee, Rayman Legends, Mark of the Ninja). Loving the stealth element too.

Definitely is a labor of love, but it's a privilege to be creative for a living!

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@MojoBones Yeah :) And you guys are officially awesome, since you're the first developer to actually acknowledge my idea. So thanks!

uhhhhhhhh

uhhhhhhhh said:

I LOVE breakout games, pinball, and of course, side-scrollers.
First Impressions:
The concept looks GENIUS.
The bed as the paddle = cute
The art style looks heavily influenced by Rayman, particularily Rayman Legends. That is awesome.

BRAVO!