Video: James Farr's Awesome Star Wars and Nintendo Mashup Continues

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

This time it's The Empire Strikes Back

Back in October we shared the latest animation from James Farr, Super Smash Wars: A Link to the Hope, which had already followed thoroughly entertaining efforts that combined Nintendo franchises with those such as Ghostbusters. The good news is that the animator has returned to give his spin on the second Star Wars movie, The Empire Strikes Back.

Once again there are plenty of references to enjoy, covering Mario and The Legend of Zelda but also incorporating various elements from franchises such as Pokémon and Metroid. There was also enough storyline to cover that it's split into two parts.

Check them out below and let us know what you think.

[via youtube.com]

Faustek

Faustek said:

Am I the only one in the world tired of Pokémon? X was the first time I couldn't bring myself to love it. Doesn't feel good :(

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

These videos are extremely well done! I especially like that Kid Icarus-inspired planet.

MeWario

MeWario said:

Man, beautifully done. Why couldn't New Super Mario U look like this?

BigDaddysPizza

BigDaddysPizza said:

That is so awesome. So many references to so many awesome things. Link has the power glove as his new robotic hand. Priceless.

Memeboy3

Memeboy3 said:

Give this man a Job at Nintendo..a Collaberation with Madhouse and FUNimation, and make this an Anime and watch the Nintendo + Anime + Gaming industry rise like Pancakes!
;3

rjejr

rjejr said:

The only downside is bringing back the memory of how I felt when this movie ended. I had no idea of what a "cliffhanger" was back then and I was distraught to put it mildly.

Looking forward to the next one almost as much now as back then.

Oh, and since it came up this morning, the 1st video does make me wish SSB was going to have a Subspace Emissary like game again. I wonder if James Farr could make this trilogy into an actual game in the vein of Castle Crashers? If Lego could, why not a Nintendo inspired Star Wars platformer? For those who haven't played Subspace Emissary it has a very sci-fi slant.

JosieC84

JosieC84 said:

This is amazing and really well done! Nintendo should hire him to market their products.