Kirby: Triple Deluxe Sound CD Now Available at Club Nintendo in Japan

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

We'll have this in the West too, please

Kirby: Triple Deluxe is out now in Japan, which is sure to make fans of the pink one jealous in the West; our import expert's currently preparing some early footage and impressions for you. We know that it'll make it to PAL and North American regions this year, but Nintendo is yet to pin down a more precise release window.

Yet still, when it does arrive we hope that the regional Club Nintendo services each receive this CD album that's graced the Japanese version. It has 46 tracks — some, it seems, are sound samples — along with three bonus music tracks, while those that register the game can pick it up for 250 stars instead of 400. With classy case and CD designs to boot, these will surely get sucked up soon.

For those of us outside Japan the only option is to look on with envy; fingers crossed for a similar offer when the game makes it outside of Japan.

[via club.nintendo.jp, nintendoeverything.com]

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Yet another good soundtrack the Japanese can enjoy. It would be nice if the Majora's Mask soundtrack from last year was a test run for bringing them to the West, but I doubt it.

Yosher

Yosher said:

Don't think they'll release this outside of Japan. The only ones I remember them putting out outside of Japan was the Ocarina of Time 3D one, and the Super Mario Galaxy (1) soundtrack. OH WELL. That's what eBay is for I guess!

ejamer

ejamer said:

Even when NoA does test the water, their choices are so weird. Why was Majora's Mask the CD test case for last year's platinum prize? The quality of music isn't that good since it was all composed for the N64, and the timing is odd since the game really isn't relevant right now. (If there had been a 3DS remake released or even announced, that would be different. But there hasn't been.)

Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed. More CDs would be a great prize from Club Nintendo.

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

And as always, Nintendo Japan offers the best exclusive stuff no available anywhere else, sigh :(. The least NoA/NoE can do is release this soundtrack digitally just like the Pokémon X and Y did on iTunes.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Forget the music, where's the game? How much time can they need for translation for a Kirby game? I guess we'll get a release date in the next ND. My kid really wants to purchase Kirby Return to Dreamland ($50 and hard to find) but I told him to wait or this instead as we completely finished everything in Dreamland when it came out. This looks very similar.

Is there something similar out now or soon in the US on the 3DS that would cause them to hold this back?

Nardar

Nardar said:

I just grow tired of Nintendo not giving the West a chance to get these Soundtracks. These would sell like crazy in the west! In my opinion Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask have been the only chance to get these. I don't count Galaxy as it was just Original Soundtrack put in with a Wii bundle with many people that already had a Wii.

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

Japan once again gets the best stuff from Nintendo, with localization at the end of their lists. Japan gets all the good stuff, and we ALWAYS have to cross our fingers for it to come here. The only exception is Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3 for the 3DS Virtual Console, but the Japanese players were already to busy playing the millions of other games on the Eshop that we don't have... plus, I can't even play Ninja Gaiden 2 or 3 because I have been trying to beat the first one since August. :(

You know, none of this would have been bad if the whole world also spoke Japanese, and NoJ allowed to rest of the world to download games from their Eshop. Also, no region blocking would also be nice for those few must-have Japanese retail games that always come a year earlier than the West...

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I would love to ask @Tsuchinoko or any other Japanese Club Nintendo Member if they feel their Club is that awesome. What I know from reading comments here is that every Club gets exclusive rewards, envied by the others, and they will still complain how much their Club sucks compared to the others.

NintendoMaster

NintendoMaster said:

I downloaded the game on my Japanese 3DS LL, and found that you can unlock the entire soundtrack within the game itself. That at least makes me a bit happier about not being able to get this.

JustinH

JustinH said:

@ejamer "I don't know why NoA doesn't want to offer CD soundtracks as prizes. They are cheap to produce and ship, and would be a great piece of swag for Club Nintendo members."

Seriously. I'd take this over Mario shoelaces any day. It's interesting: I now have three Zelda soundtracks Nintendo has given me for free, with the OoT 3D promotion, the Skyward Sword disc and the Majora's Mask OST. When do the other series get a little love?

tripunktoj

tripunktoj said:

Itd be better if we got a Special Edition with the CD included at retailer or at least as part of a 3DS console bundle, otherwise we people living in regions without club.nintendo will miss yet another soundtrack, cough Majora's Mask cough. There is always eBay, but we are not getting it free and risk to getting it lost in the mail.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

I always love when physical soundtracks come as a bonus with a game or are available at Club Nintendo. Bring it on.