Weirdness: Show Your Loved One You Care This Christmas With Phantasy Star

Posted by Damien McFerran

Tyler "Christmas Sega Kid" Esposito provides some sound advice

Tyler Esposito — the lucky scamp you saw in that heart-warming compilation of Sega-released Christmas footage — is of course all grown up now, but that doesn't mean he has lost his adoration for the Japanese video game veteran.

Esposito dropped us a line to let us know about another video he has created which aims to promote one of Sega's most esteemed 8-bit titles: the Master System RPG Phantasy Star.

Originally intended to be a "found footage" style affair, Esposito tells us that the video eventually evolved into a fully-fledged tribute to the kind of cheesy Christmas TV commercials we're bombarded with at this time of year.

Let us know what you all think of his efforts by posting a comment below, and remember — Phantasy Star is for life, not just for Christmas.

Remisio

Remisio said:

What... AMAZING! Well here's hoping Atlus gets to work on Phantasy Star games as well now that they have access to Sega IPs!

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

This is awesome. I loved Phantasy Star II, in particular. He should do more of these; I sure miss that ol' "SEGA" yell at the end of their commercials.

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

I had this on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection when I had an Xbox. I regret not finishing any of the Phantasy Star or Shining Games. Hopefully they will eventually come over to the Wii U.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

Meh, Phantasy Star 1 is just way way too archaic for my tastes.

zionich

zionich said:

I'm pretty sure I still have part 4, which was my favorite one.

I though about grabbing one of these Sega Genesis

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

First RPG I really played (Got almost to the end of it. Had to draw maps by hand). Ultima IV on the other hand was too difficult for me. I did lots of stuff and got all the characters and Nightshade and Mandrake but never really got into the main quest. (This is at age about 7 or 8). No guides or anything available to me. Think it took me a month to realise the 3 times to get the roadpass thing right at the start of the game.

WYLD-WOO

WYLD-WOO said:

@unrandomsam
Haha, I still got one of them hand drawn maps that I made as a kid too! That roadpass thing took me a few more goes than that.