Video: Unlock This Footage Of Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca's Wonderful Mysterious Keys

Posted by Kerry Brunskill

Gotta catch 'em all?

We've reported before on Square Enix's upcoming 3DS remake of the Game Boy Colour Dragon Quest Monsters 2, but now we've got some footage to show, too.

As you'd expect, much of the video focuses on showing off the enormous G-sized monsters and giving us a quick peek at small portion of the 800+ beasts in the game, but there are also some nice scenes demonstrating some of the daft outfits we'll be able to dress Iru and Luca in — as well as some Dragon Quest-dressed Miis ready for player-versus-player battling.

The game is due to release in Japan on the 6th of February 2014 — are you looking forward to it? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via famitsu.com]

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

@Assassinated It's not gone - embedding has been disabled. You can still access the video by clicking through to YouTube. We'll update this post if another video is posted with embedding enabled.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Stop taunting us Squeenix. You cant just remake one of my favourite games and flaunt it while not localising it. Listening to the old/remixed music tracks was enough to bring a tear to my eye :'(

I'll keep throwing MeteOrb's at the game until we get it. >:3

PrincessEevee9

PrincessEevee9 said:

@Geonjaha Good you throw Meteorbs and I'll keep grilling the Sirloins!

SquareEnix what have we ever done to you?!? Except to always support your company and you can't even take the time to localize a game that founded a lot childhood memories between friends and family? ;( I keep throwing money at the screen but it only makes it hurt more cause it'll never get localized. Sob

c1pher_c0mplet

c1pher_c0mplet said:

I'd complain but SE seems not to care anyway. I wonder if North America/Europe will see any DQ games during the 3DS' lifespan... I'm starting to think not, which is unfortunate. Not a huge RPG fan but I do love the DQ games (don't like FF at all).

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

The only thing I want more than Terry's Wonderland is this, heck I wouldn't mind if we missed the first DQM remake if it means getting the sequel. They're probably too similar to each other to both do well oustside Japan anyway.

The music was one thing, but seeing the events of the game blown-up into 3D hit me like a ton of bricks. Heres hoping Square Enix throws us western DQ fans a bone.

KingMike

KingMike said:

I don't care too much if the first game wasn't localized, but I hope the second is. From what I've seen of the original, it looked like a much improved game.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

That reminds me, I bought the Gameboy Version not too long ago. I should play that some time...

Nomad

Nomad said:

I would be looking forward to it if I knew it was getting released, but they haven't even released DragonQuest 7 or Terry's Wonderland in the west yet. Surely they will get released next year. I'm a big DragonQuest fan but Square Enix are really taking their time with these ones.
I guess I should be grateful we got Bravely Default.