Video: Nintendo Minute Highlights Its 3DS Favourites of 2013

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

A reminder of some of the year's best

Over the coming days and weeks we'll be sharing our Game of the Year results and a variety of articles looking back at 2013 — you'll have a chance to vote, of course. 'Tis the season, and now Nintendo of America's YouTube show "Nintendo Minute" has taken the chance to outline some of its favourites on the 3DS in the past year.

None of the selections are likely to surprise, but it's worth noting that the end of this video does include a contest to give North American gamers a chance to win a musical Legend of Zelda chest; this was a pre-order incentive for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Check it out below and let us know if your favourites are featured.

AutumnShantel

AutumnShantel said:

Awakening, New Leaf, and Pokemon Y. No order. I would imagine that A Link Between Worlds will be on that list, too; hoping my husband got it for me for Christmas. ;)

Pichubby

Pichubby said:

I'm surprised Pokemon X and Y aren't on there. That would be my favorite.

fabiosooner

fabiosooner said:

For me it's

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Etrian Odyssey IV

But will probably switch EO IV for Zelda: A Link Between Worlds once I get to play it, if it's as good as people are saying. Got it this week but decided to finish A Link to the Past on the Virtual Console first for direct comparison.

Pichubby

Pichubby said:

@Thats-what-she Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon was quite good, but in my opinion, not as good as the original. If they made it into a straight run-thru, with not as short "levels", then it would be far better.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

How Kat plays Fire Emblem is exactly the way I have been playing it, as a result I'm 200 hours in and still haven't finished it. Sure you can say "That's why casual mode exists" but if I had the option of ignoring a character death that occurs in the last turn before victory after 30 minutes of close shaves I would take it in a moment of weakness. This freedom of playstyle is why I will be getting every Fire Emblem game from now onwards. (reviews permitting)

Garios

Garios said:

Kid Icarus U has to be in this conversation. I know it's unlikely to win because there were just so many great games released this year, but Kid Icarus was a fantastic experience. It was frantic, fun, and very very unique. It's one of my favorite action games hands down.

WiiULoveSquid

WiiULoveSquid said:

They need shorten their "minute" vids as they are hard to sit through at 11 mins since they have to strongly represent the company throughout.

Ronoh

Ronoh said:

For 2013, I'd have to go with:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Etrian Odyssey Millennium Girl

I have Zelda A Link Between Worlds but haven't played it yet. And though I have every Pokemon game, I don't think Pokemon X/Y has done as much in its presentation or in the user interface area to really impress me as much as my first three picks have. Fire Emblem Awakening especially is one of the most polished games I've ever played.

Paintfrog

Paintfrog said:

I just recently picked up Fire Emblem and I am loving it. It's difficult, but I like the challenge.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Monster Hunter. Always Monster Hunter.

Also Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem.

Yeah...