VGX Award Ceremony To Include New Footage of an Upcoming Wii U Game

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Reggie Fils-Aime will be on hand to introduce it

The upcoming VGX 2013 ceremony — formerly the Video Game Awards — is expected to bring its usual flurry of world premiere trailers for major upcoming games. In previous years the awards have been known for their rather bombastic presentation, though the VGX rebranding is apparently going to be part of a sustained effort to scale back the bravado for a tighter, more intimate and games-focused event.

Even if the tone may shift, VGX is still promising plenty of upcoming game footage to excite gamers, though these typically don't deliver much for Nintendo devotees. As Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime teased in a recent GT.TV appearance, however, the company has been planning an appearance at this year's event. That's now been confirmed by the organisers themselves, as among plenty of other titles to be shown it's been confirmed that Fils-Aime will himself appear at the event to introduce footage of an upcoming Wii U game; more details haven't been provided as yet.

The likelihood is that this'll be fresh footage of a previously confirmed upcoming release such as Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze or, if we're very lucky, Super Smash Bros.. We don't know but, and this is surely the whole point of the tease, we'll be tuning in to find out. Don't forget, too, that Nintendo's secured a number of nominations, including Super Mario 3D World in the Game of the Year category.

The awards take place on Saturday 7th December at 6:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM PT / 11pm UK / midnight Central European time, will reportedly last around three hours and will be streamed on Spike.com, among other places. Will you be tuning in to watch, and which upcoming Wii U game would you most like to see?

[via vg247.com]

Blast

Blast said:

Maybe a trailer for... Bayonetta 2, Monolith's X or... Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?!?!?!?!?!?!?

666GustavsoN

666GustavsoN said:

Reggie presenting something at the December 7th VGX awards. This has been confirmed in the press release below. - ”Reggie Fils-Aime presenting a new look at an upcoming Wii U game.”

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

My guess... Persona Q... Atlus announced it at E3 2010, so I can see localization. :)
However, if that's not it, then my guesses are F-Zero (with Sega at the helm), New Smash Bros. Trailer, A new X trailer (maybe with an actual title), or a totally new IP. All of those would be great in my book, but hoping it's Persona Q..
Edit: just realized it's a Wii U announcement.. DERP!

HappyMaskedGuy

HappyMaskedGuy said:

I can't wait to see Reggie pull out all the stops for Smash Bros.

Kick donkey and take names Reggie. Our bodies are ready!

Nik-Davies

Nik-Davies said:

It would be cool to see the announcement of the new Zelda game for Wii U, but I doubt we'll see it until E3 :(

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

It's Beyonetta. I know it.
I guessed it a week ago, I'll continue to guess it now.

daveh30

daveh30 said:

I hope it's something totally new... I can't wait for MK8 and SSB, but I'll disappointed if its footage of either of those.

666GustavsoN

666GustavsoN said:

I thought it was something that was guarded by the end of the year, something big!
Also I think they were waiting to come out PS4/Xbox1 and that they can not be copied ..
I think it would be a new way to play and something about the Wii U hardware.

raiden777

raiden777 said:

I think nintendo will release footage of upcoming wii u Zelda. This will be the icing on the cake when mario 3D world wins game of the year.

GamerGleek47

GamerGleek47 said:

Yes! Please Nintendo, you will make me very happy (and a lot of people will be happy too) if you do anything of this list!

1- New trailer and official date for Smash Bros.
2- New trailer, details and official date for Mario Kart 8.
3- Details and new trailer for Bayonetta 2 (if you can tell us a launch window? Pretty please?)
4- Details and new trailer for X. And tell us the name already!
5- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and Yarn Yoshi? Anything about those two is welcome! Jist let us know they aren't dead games :(

This will be amazing if any of that happens!!!! :D :D :D :D

Bigdog

Bigdog said:

It can be anything and I'll be ok with it. Anything EXCEPT Donkey Country Tropical Freeze.

It's not that I'm not looking forward to it... but that's not the right audience and would be a waste of appearance. It would create NEGATIVE hype. Please don't do it, Reggie.

I don't think it's Smash Bros since it was specific in saying Wii U. Bayonetta or MK8 would be good shows.

It it's 'X"... god that would be too amazing. No way that happens.

SpinelessOyster

SpinelessOyster said:

Mario Kart 8 will be a system seller. I'll be surprised if it's anything but that or Smash. They need to promote the heck out of that game.

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

You know it's not going to be a new game, that's not how Nintendo has been doing things. I'm going to say Smash Bros with a middle of the year release date and some new characters.

bouncer0304

bouncer0304 said:

I wonder if it'll be an update trailer about Zelda? Long (hook)shot i know but you never know. Could be an unannounced game though which would be exciting. I think though they may also show a games collection trailer for next year to show the Wii U is still kicking.

Daggo

Daggo said:

@Bigdog

"X" or Bayonetta would be amazing! Smash would be crazy! But nah... I can't see Reggie promoting those... this event it's too NA-centric, big announcements are made with Japan in mind...
I'm ready for a Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze new trailer with Cranky Kong as the fourth playable character, and of course the subsequent letdown xD

But who knows? I'm keeping my hype in check!

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

I would most like to see Bayonetta, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., or Zelda.

The Zelda one is a fantasy, of course, but a single screenshot would make me happier than when Wind Waker HD was announced.

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

Ohhh! I have never seen any of this silly "awards" thing. But I would be there watching it just to see what Nintendo shows :) I don't think it would be Zelda U, Aonuma mentioned that we have to wait until E3 to see it. So my best guess it's that is going to be either a new Bayo 2 trailer or Mario Kart 8 showing the new online features... Or Yoshi Yarn! Damn we haven't seen any news for that game in almost a year, let's just hope Nintendo is still working on that game :(

IRNBRU115

IRNBRU115 said:

Roll on Wii Music U.

Or mk8

Or dk.

Or whatever.

Seriously though, I truly think it will be reggie announced as a character for Smash bros. REMEMBER THE PETITION?

Baum897

Baum897 said:

Surprise update that enables the wii u to use it's full processing power xD

Nah seriously I guess it could be a new cgi trailer for a Smash Bros character similar to the friggin epic clip for Megaman (that's what I think is most possible), I know I would scream like a maniac if it's a teaser trailer for Zelda U or a sequel to the Metroid Prime Trilogy :3

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

@Jazzer94 if Reggie just unveils the 4th character on DK and a new trailer of it I would hate Reggie for ever! This is Nintendo's opportunity to attract hardcore gamers so it better be a game that can interact with that area, either Bayo 2 or Smash.

RosstiferZ

RosstiferZ said:

Kinda feeling Zelda in the air considering they kept saying they nearly showed it off...

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

This has to be a bombshell in order to compete for attention at vgx. With that being said, I'm pulling for Zelda. It's the only major title we've seen nothing of yet. We've already seen Smash and X already. The general trend of the VGAs was the showcase for never before seen game footage. I would like to think that Nintendo wouldn't resort to showing off footage of games we've seen several times. Hype isn't created that way

rjejr

rjejr said:

I was thinking Wii Music U as well, but it's probably Cranky Kong in DK. Nothing to get excited about.

More days than not it feels like Nintendo has no idea what it is doing w/ the Wii U. Which would at least explain their lack of advertising it, they don't how.

Emblem

Emblem said:

It better be worth the hype, showing Smash,Kart etc is not going to help get non Wii U owners interested.

Azooooz

Azooooz said:

Well, since Reggie likes Donkey Kong franchise very much, I believe he will show more footage about DKC:TF. That's my assumption, but I could be wrong. Surprise us, Reggie!!

Warruz

Warruz said:

Just due to the venue , i think its going to be on X,Bayonetta 2,Smash Bro's or surprise us all with Zelda and Metroid.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

I know some people are really looking forward to Donkey Kong, but if Nintendo show one of it's upcoming 2d platformers I'm going to cry.
Sure it could be Zelda tease, they did apparantly consider it for e3, but they then said it will be shown at next e3.
Metroid would make some sense considering this is targeting the western crowd and would possibly get the best reception.
I don't really know what they could do with a Mario Kart trailer which will change the way people view it (short of 3ds crossplay).
Smash bros new character reveals are probably a safe bet.
I hope it's something completely new though or a 3rd party exclusive.
Just don't be 2DK or 2d kirby/yoshi.

OliverAdam

OliverAdam said:

We don't really know much about Q1 besides Mario Kart and potentially SSB, so hopefully something new, or something we didn't expect. But my guess is, that it's going to be something we already know a ton about..

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

It would be awesome if it was a new game. It's probably not gonna be. I hope it's an animal buddies reveal for DKCTF, although, given the hype they're trying to build, it's probably gonna be either Smash Bros or Zelda.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

The announcement will be for Perfect Dark 2 and a reveal that Nintendo has purchased Rare IP's back from Microsoft. They will also show a games trailer featuring "X", SMT vs FE, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, and will end with Link overlooking Hyrule from a mountain showing the huge vastness of world to explore.....as it fades to black you will read.....Only on Wii U in 2014..........oh wait...darn it....I just woke up from the greatest dream......

electrolite77

electrolite77 said:

I hope it's something totally random. A completely new game, or a new Chibi Robo.

Footage of X might make sense given the audience.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

I really hope Nintendo takes full advantage of this opportunity and shows off something the "hardcores" would like. Smash, X, Metroid, anything along those lines. Hopefully it isn't simply DK or Mario Kart.

Matts14

Matts14 said:

If it was the new zelda game that would be unbelievable. I'm not holding my breath though, I don't expect to hear a thing about it till e3

K-Gamer

K-Gamer said:

Hopefully they'll do a few other things there.

Mario Kart 8 NEEDS more information and footage just so I can get a better understanding of how it will use the gamepad.

We really don't need Super smash bros. info, it be a nice bonus though

Hopefully it's a new game of Zelda U...hopefully.

Sidewinder

Sidewinder said:

Guy's Once again it's not gonna be what you want, it's what the "dude bro's" in your terms want.

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

I have a bad feeling that it's gonna be the leaked DKC TF character. Hopefully I'm wrong.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

God I hope it's something new. By the time they'll come out we'll have been hearing about MK8, DKTF, Smash Bros, etc for what will seem like years. I don't think any of those games will be much different than their previous entries, so hopefully something that shows what the Wii U can do that the other systems can't.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

@Sidewinder - It probably should be something to appeal to the audience at hand but Nintendo hasn't exactly been spot on with its marketing. Although I think they have done a better job lately as in the last 2 weeks.

I'm hoping for something unexpected......I'm prepared for something under whelming

Gold

Gold said:

Smash Bros.
X
Yarn Yoshi
Zelda U
Bayonetta 2
SMT X FE
Or a brand new IP.

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

Watch it be like Wii U Music or something :P

I want it to be either footage for Super Smash Bros. or for an entirely unannounced game like Metroid or Zelda for Wii U.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

My hope is a Super Smash Bros. newcomer with a new trailer. My expectation, however, is the Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 4th playable character who is more than likely the leaked Cranky Kong.

Don't get me wrong at all, I'm really excited for Tropical Freeze, but Nintendo needs to bring out the big guns for this, especially for the "hardcore" audience they'll have to appease. Super Smash Bros. would certainly work. I wouldn't mind at all if it's Mario Kart 8 or even a completely new game. However, to keep myself away from bigger disappointment, I'll be prepared for Nintendo to go safe, but I would love to be wrong.

AVahne

AVahne said:

X or SMT x FE hopefully, or maybe something brand new. We've seen enough of Smash Bros. and MK8 for now. I want to see something that will actually excite me.

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

Please just not DK, Yarn Yoshi or Mario Kart. We need something that wont result in ridicule of Nintendo.

jesse1

jesse1 said:

starfox, F-zero, or a new IP(probably not). Hopefully not another side scrolling platformer(2d)....I dream of another time splitter.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

On second thought, if this is for an upcoming "Wii U" game, then Smash Bros. might not fly. Smash Bros. will be for Wii U and 3DS, so this could just be an exclusive game for Wii U only. In that case, this would either be Mario Kart 8 or a new game. Still bracing for not-so-surprising DK news, though.

ParSnake

ParSnake said:

Since Spike isn't a very kid-friendly channel, so I assume Nintendo will show off one of its more "mature" titles, like Bayonetta or X.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

@jesse1 - We can only hope they randomly spout off info about the new Wii U exclusive Time Splitters.........

strongest_link

strongest_link said:

New Tropical Freeze footage. Now that Super Mario 3D Land and A Link Between Worlds is out, they need to start building hype for their next game.

rjejr

rjejr said:

If Nintendo wants to save the Wii U it needs a Pokemon MMO. Or at least a Skylanders like game, AKA Pokepark 3 w/ toys. Pokemon Rumble U was barely a tech demo at 4 hours long. The Wiiware version had 4x - 5x more.

The 3DS got Luig's Mansion 2, Wii U needs Pokemon Z.

KingofSaiyans

KingofSaiyans said:

Showing anymore trailers for DK Tropical Freeze would be kind of a waste considering it's so close to launch.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

I pray that my job doesnt get enough tickets sold for me to miss the vgx show lol

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Whatever game it's for, I'm excited, because I'm excited for every game Nintendo has in the pipeline right now. That's a great thing it is.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

Chances are its the 4th character reveal for DKC Tropical Freeze. I seriously hope not though because that wouldn't appeal to the dudebro audience of the VGXs. That reveal would be better suited to the BIG Nintendo Direct that we all know is coming soon. My guess is a new trailer for Smash Bros that reveals a newcomer character, a trailer for Bayonetta 2, a trailer for X that reveals the title, or even Zelda U. A new Metroid game would be awesome, but Nintendo needs to actually build hype up over a period of time.

Bayonetta 2 would make sense because its the game that the hardcore gamers on the other systems were furious about due to its Wii U exclusivity. Showing it off again would be a good reminder to those people.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

Zelda U actually would make a lot of sense though. The A Link Between Worlds commercial aired on channels like Spike, Comedy Central, and Adult Swim, which all have the same target audience.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Cranky's announcement would make sense, as Nintendo's idea is that those who did watch Spike with Reggie last time, showed a bit more of Donkey Kong Country.
Of course Nintendo would be looking like idiots if all they did was announce Cranky. They should show some bang on footage, what does the gamepad do in that game for example. When I went to Best Buy for the E3 demo, I was forced to use Remote/Nunchucks Why?
@IceClimbers Nah. I really think Aonuma scheduled the announcement to be at E3.

boynerdrambling

boynerdrambling said:

Anyone thinking zelda or metroid are deluding themselves. You wont see zelda to e3 at the minimum (they already confirmed that). It'll be one of their mature titles. So smash, Bayonnetta or X.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

@Nik-Davies
this will probably be something they do at E3 to take the spot light/create a lot of buzz as that would be the best time to announce it.

Fazermint

Fazermint said:

I would love to see some more of X. That game does not get the attention it deserves AT ALL. But that's not gonna happen. They wouldn't do a TV thing with a niche title.

shigulicious

shigulicious said:

Please be something unexpected. What I expect is DK or MarioKart. What I want is "X" but most of all METROID!

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

If it is metroid prime 4 with full online play, I really really think the hardcore audience would take notice of the Wii U just enough to make it relevent

Dark_Link

Dark_Link said:

If Reggie's is there to announce a new character for DKTF...He will get booed of the stage. The crowd watching this show is not the ones that will be excited by DKTF. They need to show Zelda, Metroid, X or Bayonetta. Those are the hardcore type games that would get that crowd's attention.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

I love smash and mario kart but I hope like hell its X. I hope like all hell it comes to the US too. Id be so angry if it didnt. Just saying

LetsGoRetro

LetsGoRetro said:

@adanvc,

No, he said that we WOULD see zelda u at e3 2014, not that we wouldn't until then. In fact, he said he was planning to show it at comic con but was too busy with the albw presentation to do so, and specifically said he would "start planning a presentation on zelda u to show soon, as soon as he returned home". I am sure you would find the info if you looked up aonuma's statements on comic con.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

X actually is my most anticipated game for the system. Then follows zelda, smash and mario kart, at this time.

TheRealThanos

TheRealThanos said:

Knowing Reggie this will probably be nothing new at all, so color me disappointed already. This is a show that hasn't seen any Nintendo representatives for I don't know how long (if ever) so to those people anything will seem newer than to us. Unless of course it's not all hype and they do show some Zelda, Smash Bros or new footage of X...

Purple

Purple said:

I agree with many that this VGX awards is a great place to try and bring back the core gamer and you'll do that by advtzg games like METROID, X, some new game? ...

I'll just say this... as many have already.. If I see more footage for Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8... I'll be really disappointed. That will be lame.

WhiteTrashGuy

WhiteTrashGuy said:

I would love some X footage, but for this crowd it's gotta be SSB or if we're lucky a METROID reveal. Seriously, Metroid would move some systems....

Purple

Purple said:

@Gerbwmu Hahaha... man that sounds bad donkey! That really is what NINTENDO should do.. that's how they should market the wii u. why do we know what they should do but not they themselves?... odd .. hmm..

Purple

Purple said:

I've seen so much of Donkey Kong and Mario Kart footage... i don't wanna see more of it. show me some METROID, Show me some Nintendo shooter all together. Blow my mind nintendo! appeal to the western audience

Transdude1996

Transdude1996 said:

I'm going in expected a trailer for X, Smash Bros., or (most likely) Donkey Kong.

Now, what would be really impressive is if Nintendo announces something completely out of left field (IOW something that isn't Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid, F-Zero, or any other game that is highly demanded, and/or expected).

LUIGITORNADO

LUIGITORNADO said:

If they are smart it will be Bayonetta 2. Smash, Mario Kart and even DK don't need a push at such an event. Bayonetta 2 DOES!

Spakiness

Spakiness said:

Kinda wish it was to announce something new and not something that has already been announce.

FishieFish

FishieFish said:

It has been nearly a year since Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblen was announced, it is probably that!

Artwark

Artwark said:

I think Reggie is gonna show a brand new franchise game from Nintendo seeing that they have teased it earlier.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

Didn't they say some time ago they might show some Zelda Wii U footage this year? It didn't make sense with two new releases this year but they could still do it if the game comes out holiday next year.

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

Totally new IP from Nintendo. That would be very important to show at this point for Nintendo.

Beta

Beta said:

I really would love to believe it's a new game, SMT x FE, X or SSB4, but I have a nagging feeling that's telling me it's just gonna be the 4rth character's reveal in DKC: TF T_T

theycallmedrp

theycallmedrp said:

Wouldn't it be amazing if Nintendo showed off a new ip that just wowed everyone? Won't happen, but failing that I'd still like this to be an unannounced game- how about a new Metroid or a Wii U Kid Icarus?

Lobster

Lobster said:

Wouldn't it be funny if he came out and dropped a trailer for whatever it is that new IP Miyamoto has been doing?

That'll never be it, but wouldn't it be funny?

Snaskyman

Snaskyman said:

Whatever the game is, we will get to se some new footage. Hopefully it'll be something that'll make the crowd go crazy! :)

wasf

wasf said:

hope we got
1-new mario kart 8 footage and an instant demo release on eshop with unlimited use with 1 kart available and 3 tracks till spring 2014

1-a new IP (i mean a bomb like wiisports was, it could be a new type of fps too)

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

Brand new exclusive 1st party mature IP.
Nintendo needs a title like this and it needs to look stunning and play even better. It needs to blow The Last of Us, GTA V, Battlefield 4, Beyond Two Sould out of te water. The Wii U is more powerful than the PS3, it needs an exclusive stunning game that shows this and it needs to do it spectacularly. If it's another, high coloured twee character game then it'll be forgotten as soon as it's finished the demo reel.

sevex

sevex said:

Now that I'm a Wii U owner I'd love to see a totally new announcement. Pretty excited to find out what this is gonna turn out to be.

Spuratis

Spuratis said:

@rjejr I was thinking VGX would be the perfect place to announce and show off that Pokemon fighting game they teased in that video a couple months ago. They really need to show something that has a chance of being the center of attention.

Personally I hope they announce something new instead of showing gameplay of stuff we already know is coming.. Reggie made it sound like it was gonna be big, but who knows. They've hyped stuff before that was a let down.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'd laugh if it was "Cranky Kong is a playable character in DKC: Tropical Freeze" :P since that got leaked but we haven't heard anything about it from Nintendo, so surely they're itching to reveal it. I'm excited for DKC:TF though seemingly loads of others are expecting a lot more from Nintendo.

The VGX press release did specifically say: "VGX will also feature Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime presenting a new look at an upcoming Wii U game." I may be overanalysing here, but getting a "new look" at an upcoming Wii U game implies to me that we've already had an "old look." Which means stuff like Zelda U & Shin Megami X Fire Emblem are out. No Metroid, Star Fox etc. We'll see I guess.

I just wish I knew the exact time of the reveal by Reggie so I didn't have to sit there for 3 hours. Might just skip it entirely & read up about it on NL after...

Darel18

Darel18 said:

Games I'm 100% sure he WON'T present:
Zelda Wii U (Aounuma already said it: Next E3)
F-Zero (sadly, no one is working on this. It's true.)
Smash Bros. (at least something not impressive)
Mario Kart 8 (same as Smash Bros.)
Metroid (Retro is with Donkey Kong right now... remember that it was delayed?)
The new project of Miyamoto (he finished Pikmin 3 several months ago and Super Mario 3D wasn't his personal project)

Although Reggie is not stupid, he must know that this event is important and he must likely need to show some WOW stuff... or else <_<
Maybe he will show more of Kirby's gameplay, I think that hasn't been released yet or was it? :s
Project X maybe, The Fire Emblem crossover (since we only know the title). Bayonetta 2 it could be but I really don't see the point? (that game doesn't need advertising). As Ibrahim said,it could be the other Sonic.

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

to excite me, it really needs to be the new zelda. also, if it looks good, it will give me confidence that Wii U will still be a success. the new Smash doesn't look much different or better than Brawl, same with MK8 (although that looks a little better to me).

Volmun

Volmun said:

@Darel18 all good points but it wont be the new Kirby as its baced on WiiU games also i dont think itd be Bayonetta 2 i dont see the games creator giving Reggi the thunder of his game tbh and too right im hopeing its more info on Monolith softs X id realy like to hear nore on that game.

Goginho

Goginho said:

My money's on Zelda U. I mean, they nearly showed it off twice this year, yet intelligently held off due to according circumstances (not enough material, or afraid it might steal the focus of other games such as the ones presented at e3, and recently Between Worlds, respectfully). I wouldn't be surprised, Nintendo know what they are doing, and Reggie always shows confidence in interviews, as if he's hiding something very precious, as if he knows what they have on show for us down the road, like a secret weapon or something :P lol ..heck, they're probably farther into development of Zelda U than we think.

I would be surprised, however, if it does end up being DK, since we already know so much about the game (and no, the 'secret' fourth character doesn't justify a whole presentation), and it is none other than a self-explanatory platformer, considering the very similar prequel Returns. Plus, would it really appeal to the Spike audience? I wouldn't be too sure about that. Zelda wouldn't appeal either, at least to full extent like it used to I can imagine (I think SS may have ruined that epic, dark, hardcore Zelda image), but if Nintendo show off something amazingly spectacular, epic, and fresh, then even those hardcore GTA players might say "damn, yo!".
Speaking of appealing to the Spike audience, Mario Kart would be a likely candidate to show off, since that's one game that has no borders and can appeal to everyone quite equally. Besides, they have that really cool anti-gravity mechanic that, once again, core GTA gamers might say "dats pretty sick".
Smash Bros. is another likely candidate imo. but does it really need exposure? Same with Mario Kart. We know about those games, we know what they're about, and when they come around, people will talk, it will be all over the general gaming media anyway, and those are games that already have a core following to begin with, so I don't really think it is necessary to present them in any way this Saturday, especially Smash, since they release new screenshots every week. Maybe a simple, new trailer sometime, to serve as a reminder to those unaware what the Wii U is going to come out with, make them say, "oh snap, that's right, dat new Smash Bros./Mario Kart game is coming".
Games like Yarn Yoshi are out of the question lol, I don't think Reggie is ignorant to show off a game like that on Spike. He knows his material, and he knows what that crowd is all about, so he's definitely gonna present something bad-donkey, hopefully in bad-donkey fashion :P

Therefore I'm calling some Zelda U info on Saturday. It's the perfect time, they got all the Zeldas out of the way, and the only one left we know about is the next one coming to Wii U. Especially fitting would be, if they go a bit in the direction of Skyrim meets GTA/Red Dead Redemption, with vast open worlds, plenty to do, as well as choose-your-own-path freedom, and show that off on Saturday, at least some early screens where reggie talks about what this new installment entails in contrast to the norm of previous, more 'traditional' Zeldas general gamers have gotten to know.

Mariokartwii1

Mariokartwii1 said:

Maybe its a multiple character reveal trailer for smash bros or zelda or metroid. BUT PLEASE NINTENDO PLEASE ANOTHER STARFOX GAME PLEASE!!!!!!