Side-Scrolling Cyberpunk RPG Dex Is Hacking Into The Wii U eShop

Posted by Damien McFerran

Kickstarter campaign reaches Wii U stretch goal with a day remaining

Indie developer Dreadlocks has confirmed that its 2D Cyberpunk RPG Dex has successfully met the Kickstarter stretch goal which secures a Wii U eShop version.

The side-scrolling title needed £14,000 of funding initially, and has now reaching almost £27,000 at the time of writing. It has just over a day remaining.

Set in the fictional city of Harbor Prime, the game will see you interacting — and fighting — with a host of characters, as well as delving into cyberspace and dealing with a computer AI which is hell-bent on becoming smarter than mankind itself. It reminds us of the SNES classic Shadowrun, which is no bad thing.

Were you one of the people who backed the game? How do you feel about it coming to the Wii U eShop? Post a comment below to tell us what you think.

[via kickstarter.com]

LDXD

LDXD said:

loved shadowrun so I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

I'm not the biggest fan of cyberpunk settings, but I am a fan of indie games coming to the Wii U. :)

Might just pick it up and give it a go when it arrives if it's not too expensive. Who knows, maybe it'll be the one to change my perspective on this kind of setting.

MAB

MAB said:

Looks like a Shadowrun X Flashback kind of awesome... My HDD is ready ;)

BF-Medic

BF-Medic said:

Then I will back this one also! :) Nintendo has really done good to attract so many indie-developers to release their games on the Wii U.

LUIGITORNADO

LUIGITORNADO said:

All these indie games. Why is it when the PS4 gets a new indie game the big websites report on it?

Thanks for letting me know about this, Nintendolife!

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

Looking like it's born from shadowrun, beneath a steel sky and flashback, my interest is piqued.

Pod

Pod said:

Certainly a lot of Bladerunner in this, which I'd be the last cry foul over. :9

Jeremyx7

Jeremyx7 said:

This looks like a fantastic concept so far. If all turns out well for this game I will most likely purchase this. I'm loving the art style, level design, & rpg elements from what I can see as of yet. This really reminds me of a side scrolling Deus Ex game...which is awesome!