Renegade Kid and Nicalis Titles Reduced on eShop Platforms

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Ho ho holy moly so many discounts...

It seems that the 3DS and Wii U eShop platforms are going discount crazy, with plenty of reductions in Europe today, more on the way, and now North America happily getting in on the act.

Both Renegade Kid and Nicalis are feeling festive, in the former case across regions and the latter just in North America. Below are all of the details in lovely, easy to read lists; all discounts are live right now.

North American discounts

• Mutant Mudds — $4.50 until 2nd January (50% discount)
  • Mutant Mudds Deluxe — $5 until 2nd January (50% discount)
  • ATV Wild Ride 3D — $4 until 2nd January (50% discount)
  • Bomb Monkey — $2.50 until 2nd January (50% discount)
  • Cave Story — 3DS eShop version, $6.99 until 3rd January (normally $9.99)
  • VVVVVV — $4.99 until 3rd January (normally $7.99)
  • NightSky — $4.99 until 3rd January (normally $9.99)
  • Ikachan — $2.99 until 3rd January (normally $4.99)

European Discounts

• Mutant Mudds — £4.00/€4.50 until 2nd January (normally £8.10/€9.00)

Will you be grabbing any of these offers?

[via twitter.com, twitter.com]

NintendoNaut

NintendoNaut said:

Ikachan for $3? Yeah, I'll pick that up. Already have Mutant Mudds, Bomb Monkey, VVVVVV, and NightSky.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

More proof that Nicalis has something against Europe. No discounts or Cave Story releases. >:[

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

So only Mutant Mudds as a discounted title on the Wii U? Bummer!

Definitely getting Cave Story on the 3DS though. Been meaning to for a long time.

MisterSmith

MisterSmith said:

There's also quite a few more sales including Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures for $19.99 ($39.99), Project X Zone is going for $14.99 ($34.99), Witch & Hero for $2.79 ($3.99), Sword & Soldiers 3D for $5.59 ($7.99), Hometown Story for $29.99 ($39.99), VectorRacing for $4.89 ($6.99) and...well 3 pages worth of items listed on the 3DS eShop.

MortalKombat2007

MortalKombat2007 said:

Only 4.99 for VVVVVV...well, okay...I'll give it a try. I have Cave Story on Wiiware and there is no incentive for me to buy it on 3DS. I already have Mutant Mudds. I am not interested in anything else on the list.

MeWario

MeWario said:

As awesome as the European discount are, I'm still pretty bitter about not having Cave Story on Eshop!!! What gives Nicalis?

Ryno

Ryno said:

Since I don't have a 3DS, I guess I will only get 1 game from this list.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I hate how so many games are so cheap on PC. It means that I end up owning them all for nothing, so I can't justify re-buying them on other platforms despite the fact that I'd rather play them on those platforms. Cave Story on my 3DS would be so cool, but I've already got it.

Gold

Gold said:

Where's the Ubisoft game sales and the Toki Tori 2+ sale where it's super cheap if you bought all 3 Two Tribes Classics? I really wanna buy ZombiU ($13.49).

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@DerpSandwich If the console version is the best version and you like the game (For certain because you have already played it). Don't see why getting it again should be a problem. (Much preferable to trusting reviewers anyway and getting ripped off like I did for Mutant Mudds at full price).

If it is a worse version at a later date costing orders of magnitude more then it doesn't deserve the money.

I have probably bought 500 indie games this year or so most of them are stuff that shouldn't have even been sold in the first place. At Niaclis prices that would be a serious amount of money.

Stu13

Stu13 said:

Just punched the fourth hole in my Nicalis eShop Loyalty Program card. Here's hoping NightSky entertains me as much as their other 3 offerings have.

dadajo

dadajo said:

I think it is awesome that the sales end on January 2nd. This gives us time if we get eshop giftcards during Christmas to spend on good games on sale to top it off.

efaulk84

efaulk84 said:

This was released on the PSN recently. Usually it is Nintendo that gets a later port of a game not the other way around.

Mytoemytoe

Mytoemytoe said:

Copped Mutant Mudds: Deluxe on the Wii U and Cave Story on the 3DS, haven't played either. Nintendo could win me over with some more sales, and there's plenty of time left for it. Next Thursday will be the day after Xmas, wouldn't be a bad day to release both Link to the Past or Mario Bros. 3, and have some more sales across the board.

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

hah, one discount for Europe and a eight for North America. That's... typical. :-)

Where is Cave Story eShop version for Europe? Nicalis is so damn slow with their European releases, always. That will never change.They just don't care.

Also Ikachan has not been released in Europe and it's ELEVEN months since the American release... seriously...

datamonkey

datamonkey said:

If only Nicalis would release Cave Story+ here in Europe I'd be very happy.

For some reason I don't think it's going to happen.

Nareva

Nareva said:

Picked up Mutant Mudds and NightSky, considering Cave Story, though I've played it on Mac, possibly VVVVVV.

rosebud

rosebud said:

Just was finishing up the Grannie levels last night on Mutant Mudds. I bought it the last time it was on sale and I have to say it is definitely worth $4.50.

Shire

Shire said:

Hmm. I might get Mutand Mudds Deluxe. I already have the 3DS version, so I didn't want to pay full price just for the ghost levels, but at half-price it's pretty tempting.

And $3 Ikachan sounds good too.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

Speaking about Mutant Mudds Deluxe, I played it for an hour, and I still do not get this game. It is sorta difficult (which fits my taste), but the gameplay was rather primitive (and frustrating). I did not understand all the raving reviews about this game. VVVVVV, in contrast, was amazing.

luigifan2000

luigifan2000 said:

i hope i can get into the eshop before this ends so i can get ikachan, nightsky, and mutant mudds deluxe.