Miiverse on 3DS Expands Its Collection of Communities With More Favourites

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Fire Emblem: Awakening! Kid Icarus: Uprising! FIFA 14?

When Miiverse recently launched on the 3DS one shortcoming was its rather limited selection of communities. While users can post about anything they want on Activity Feeds, the option to include screenshots was limited to just 23 games, a list that unsurprisingly missed even some of Nintendo's own major titles.

Like its Wii U and web browser contemporaries Miiverse on 3DS can be updated at any time by Nintendo without affecting users — a practice used weekly to add new Wii U eShop communities, for example. The list of 3DS communities has now grown to 34, with the following games all added.

There are still a number of terrific retail titles to be added, while the 3DS list is yet to incorporate all eShop downloads in the same manner as its Wii U contemporary. Perhaps there's just one poor soul in Nintendo tasked with adding the communities, so we're sure they're working on it.

Which of the new communities do you plan to jump into, and what others would you still like to see?

johndevine

johndevine said:

It was such a pleasant surprise to see those communities yesterday, made me dig out some of the older games in order to do a bit of bragging. Really getting into this Miiverse!
Great addition!!

MF_MaxiMillion

MF_MaxiMillion said:

Miiverse got me to play Animal Crossing again. Now I'd love to play some more Mario Tennis! Gotta show off dem skillz

By the way, I believe Tetris: Axis is also a new community? I definitely didn't see it before.

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

Street fighter IV so I can ridicule annoying idiots using autoblock. Irritating and pointless. Play the game properly or sod off if it's too hard for you

wasf

wasf said:

SSF 4 3D please ASAP! 300+ hours playtime on that game...!!

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I'm picturing the 'one poor soul' who is making Miiverse communities sitting next to the other poor soul who is handling the entire Wii U Virtual Console.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

I was so happy to see the Kid Icarus community yesterday!

IKAY

IKAY said:

Still no StreetPass Community... But I think its just a matter of time. It would be great, if they leave a notice on every community to let you know that you can post screenshots or not. That would be great for WiiU and 3DS communities.

Brother_Jolteon

Brother_Jolteon said:

i havent played mario tennis open in a long time..., it was so hard finding a match once your rating goes up...

Cevan

Cevan said:

I can't seem to find the Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D community.

MasterWario

MasterWario said:

We'll get there. Miiverse on 3DS seems useless to me until Etrian Odyssey (IV or Untold) comes out with a community.

WiiULoveGBA

WiiULoveGBA said:

I have so many more 3DS games and playtime hours than on Wii U so it just seems more exciting to me, the 3DS MiiVerse that is

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

It was a nice surprise seeing the Kid Icarus Uprising community finally posted! I currently struggle to draw on the 3DS, but posting 3D screenshots with amusing captions is still effective. Also nice to see Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, and Mario Tennis Open appear. I didn't see Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, though.

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

@DESS-M-8
Not everyone can be as perfect as you. What about anyone playing that is new to the game and is frustrated at being pummelled within seconds of starting a fight. Are video games to be made only for an elite few, and online play restricted to those that have the time / skill to get really good?
Stop being so big headed and wake up to the fact that games are for EVERYONE!

Gioku

Gioku said:

Nobody told me DKCR3D got a community! :O
I'm gonna have fun with that one~ :D

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

I only hung out in the 3U community(as far as 3DS communities) but now I am going to Chillax in the Kid Icarus and fire emblem ones as well :)

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

I took full advantage of the Ocarina of Time 3D community when it went live, and they actually got me started playing a bit of Kid Icarus Uprising again. I literally cheered (silently) when I saw that community up!

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

This is AWESOME, I re-bought KI:U in hype for Miiverse. I don't know why I sold it, it's such a good game. Anyway, just bring on the PMD and PM:SS communities and I'll be set.

also GBA VC at the direct tomorrow nintendo plz thx

AlSquire

AlSquire said:

Yeah KI and FE o/
But still no VC nor SSFIV...

Me: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AlSquire

mullen

mullen said:

I want a Mii Plaza community, thus I can post my golden watering can and the ending of Monster Manor.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

Whoah....they made one for Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate? I wasn't expecting them to make a community but I'll check it out since I'm playing through it now. I still have to finish Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon as well.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

I've pretty much posted only drawings so far.
The one I've drawn for the Sonic Lost World board has racked more than thirty likes so far. I'm stunned as I type these words, myself.

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

@Nintenjoe64 Ha! Excellent post! Though I don't think an actual human is handling the Virtual Console updates. It's more of a blind hamster with a laser pointer.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

I very much like that the Monster Hunter community is merged, so I don't have to check for each system.

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

We definitely need a MiiPlaza community to encourage more people to buy the other games and so we can post some amazing screen shots.