French Manufacturer Renault Rolls Into The Project CARS Garage

Posted by Damien McFerran

The roster expands again

It has been confirmed that Renault has joined the large list of car manufacturers that will be allowing its vehicles to appear in the forthcoming Project CARS.

Six famous Renault cars will be included, ranging from the new 2014 Mégane RS to the legendary 1978 Alpine A442B, as driven by Didier Pironi and Jean-Pierre Jaussaud at La Sarthe.

Here's the full list:

• 2014 Mégane RS
  • 2013 Clio IV RS Cup
  • 2013 Alpine A450
  • 1999 Laguna BTCC
  • 2009 Mégane Trophy II
  • 1978 Alpine A442B

Project CARS will launch on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, PC, and Wii U in the fall next year.

[via wmdportal.com]

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I'm looking forward to this game, haven't bought a proper (non-cartoon) track racing game on a Nintendo console since SNES. I hope it's a proper game and not some microtransaction-fest!

Ultrasyd

Ultrasyd said:

Yeah, I hope they don't force us to pay DLC cars at expensive price like on the "next" gen. Really looking forward to this game, even though I'm not into cars games. I just wanna see something fast, good looking ! But fall ... that's long !

XavandSo

XavandSo said:

I'm so synched for this game. It looks amazing! After playing some Gran Turismo 6 and staring in awe about what the dated PS3 can handle, I can't wait what the Wii U can accomplish. I am bracing myself for a Wii U version cancellation, like the PS3 and 360 version, though.

Kolzig

Kolzig said:

Most likely will be getting this on PC.
Times are looking sweet for racing simulations with Assetto Corsa and this in the horizon.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I really really reall hope this game is good. I need my Gran Turismo fix. Don't want to wait that long though. It better be really really really good for waiting this long!!

Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh said:

I hope the Wii U version does not disappoint. Although I'm more into arcade racers, a good simulator from time to time is something I enjoy and Nintendo consoles usually don't have them.
Also, great to have Renault. The original Alpine is one of my favourite classic cars. Clio II V6 was a great little machine on SEGA GT, though we'll have to accommodate with it's designated successor, Clio IV, this time.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

Hoping this gets a great Wii U version.........if they deliver on what has been promised....I will buy this 1st day

Laxeybobby

Laxeybobby said:

I would love to see this on the WiiU, as boy we need a good driving Gran Turismo like game or even a decent F1 game. However my gut is telling me we are unlikely to ever see this on WiiU no matter what they say about release formats.
Due for release Autumn (Fall) 2014. Do we really believe the WiiU will be more supported then by 3rd party developers than it is now?
I'll hazard a WiiU cancellation notification prediction for Summer 2014.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I know that Wii U getting any kind of 3rd party game seems like fantasy but I doubt this game will be cancelled on Wii U in favour of the other consoles unless they've been lying about how much they've enjoyed using the Wii U. Even if the twins continued selling at world record pace they still wouldn't have a huge numerical advantage over Wii U and the advantage for putting this game on Wii U is that there is only one 'realistic' driving game (which will not be getting a sequel soon NFS:MW) compared to quite a few on the other consoles.

I get the feeling this game is going to change name to something endorsed by a famous person or brand soon. It would be cool if BBC and Kemco/Gremlin combined forces and made the Top Gear game we've always wanted. :)

withoutdk

withoutdk said:

i am looking forwards to this also... and i truly hope that the wii u version will be the best one, run smooth and look great plus having the advantage of an optimum experience with the gamepad etc :D

please.!!

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Looking forward to this but really want to see footage of it running on Wii U to ease my concerns.

Squashy

Squashy said:

Great news, the original Renault Alpine is very beautiful. I wish there was a Renault 5 Turbo included as well though, they're the bee's knees when it comes to outrageous hot hatches!

@Nintenjoe64 I would also love to have a Top Gear game! Imagine having the Top Gear track complete with Jeremy Clarkson commentary as you go round! "Some say, that he kisses his Super Mario doll goodnight, and that if he was the Boss of EA he would have actually tried releasing something brand new on the Wii U before moaning that their games don't sell on it! All we know is, he's NOT the Stig.... But he is the Stig's Nintendo loving cousin!"