Exclusive Sonic Lost World DLC Now Available For Download On The Wii U eShop

Posted by Orla Madden

Might we add that it's free?

Sonic is set to embark on an adventure into the world of everyone's favourite green dinosaur Yoshi, as Yoshi's Island Zone becomes the first of two Nintendo-themed levels available for Sonic Lost World on the Wii U.

If this news isn't good enough, you'll be pleased to know that's available to download right now on the Wii U eShop. Better still, it's free.

Sonic must race against the clock to save the all the Yoshis by finding their eggs, whilst encountering enemies such as Piranha plants and Shy Guys, as well as those from his own world.

The second themed DLC level will arrive next year at an unknown date, and if Satoru Iwata's hints are to be believed, it will be based The Legend of Zelda series.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

This was pretty awesome. This will certainly make me get Sonic Lost World now. That sounds strange, but it's true.

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

Idk if you guys saw it but, there is a triforce in the pattern on the side of the hill.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Played Sonic. Sent it back to Gamefly without finishing it. Read about the update, put it back in que. Now its at the top of the que. I bet they make these easier, and more fun than that katamari icebal level. Maybe I should take it out of the que until the azelda dlc levels? Hmm

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

I updated and downloaded the DLC yet I can't find it anywhere in the game...

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

It's definitely Zelda, there's a triforce in the hill! Really glad to see Sega do this, it's motivated me to actually play through the game now.

Yosher

Yosher said:

Damnit, now I'm going to HAVE to buy this game, being the Yoshi fan I am! Also, the zone seems to look like the Yarn Yoshi game, but no actual Yarn Yoshi news...

ddbangsy

ddbangsy said:

Just played through the level, it's great fun!

You will find the Yoshi themed level on the main map in the Windy Hill world area of the game.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

@ddbangsy not in my game :( I checked every world for that level on 2 different saves. (version 3.0.0 and downloaded 1kb dlc)

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

@ddbangsy I just checked some screens on Miiverse of people who do have access to the DLC and there is no lvl where there should be one according to those. Really strange. :(

element187

element187 said:

@Yosher no kidding. I rented it and wasn't all that impressed. I sent it back after 4 hours of play.... Now I'm going to keep an eye out for a sale... $20 will be my breaking point. And by then it will have that other zone they didn't share with us available.

ACK

ACK said:

DLC how it's meant to be.

It would be interesting to see Nintendo, rather than iterating future charges, continue to trend more towards leveraging free DLC to extend the value of their products and further justify the typically resilient price-points.

Looking at what many of the top publishers have done the past year; (For example, Injustice cramming all additional characters into expensive DLC and announcing a 'Game of the Year' edition within 6 months.). Honestly, I see zero encouragement ever to support them within months of launch ever again... (2K, EA, Microsoft, and Warner Bros. stand out, for sure.)

Ryno

Ryno said:

@ACK: Yeah, I no longer buy games at launch because there will either be a Game Of The Year Edition coming out right around the corner or the price will be cut in half in a few months. Nintendo games are an exception since it takes a while to drop in price.

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

Now opening the way for the long-awaited Sonic and Mario platformer.

Seeing as how Yoshi and Zelda are the two crossover DLCs, I'm really hoping that's the reason there was no proper Mario crossover.

Dyltheman

Dyltheman said:

@AyeHaley had the same issue. it turns out the update and dlc are seperate. just go to sanic on the eshop and download the dlc

Zach777

Zach777 said:

The next DLC is Zelda... There is the Triforce design in the checkered pathway in the background of the video.

jasonbra

jasonbra said:

This looks really good. Probably going to pick up the game. The demo was alright. Liked the 3ds demo better though.

jayclayx

jayclayx said:

@URAmk2 I don't know what do you mean a bad game, if you are one of those people who takes reviews as bible yeah maybe its a bad game and I can list a lot of problem with this game but do you know what? this is game is just amazing, it is sonic on a platform game thats all!! I don't know why people have to complain about everything in this game, just play it!

n057828

n057828 said:

Apple offering freeware too so its going in the same direction thats a win win, lets support a company that still has a little respect left for all of us.
For me PS4 is no diff...

Kirk

Kirk said:

Maybe it's just me but I honestly think this looks bad. It just seems totally thrown together and out of place.

2Sang

2Sang said:

Very smart strategy for sega. Blend in with nintendo as much as possible to secure their role as THE third party company to work with nintendo and get preferential treatment and good long-term loyalty from nintendo fans.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Oh man... I sent my Gamepad to Nintendo yesterday to get it fixed, and whattaya know, the very next day I hear about all these games and DLC available on the eShop, which you have to have a Gamepad to access. GRRH!

I WOULD open my brother's Wii U I bought him for Christmas and "borrow" his Zelda Gamepad, but I just remembered that I wrapped it yesterday and already have it sitting under the tree. Double GRRH! Guess I'll just have to wait 2 weeks to get Sonic Lost World DLC, NES Remix and Wii Sports Golf.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@2Sang Nintendo cannot keep their third parties earning nothing from their exclusives. Nintendo probably wants this game to sell well so as to maintain its alliance with Sega. Otherwise, Sega will just move to PC, PS or Xbox.

URAmk2

URAmk2 said:

@jayclayx
i rented it from gamefly. its a bad game to me. if that angers you that sounds like a personal problem you have to work out.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@Technosphile
Well, a couple weeks ago I was playing Super Mario 3D World, and for some strange reason my character started nudging their way down (toward the fourth wall), which was noticeable when the character dropped off the green pipe on which they were standing. Ever since, it's been happening more and more frequently, where a character will spontaneously start moving in the downward direction, or the internet webpage will scroll down a bit out of nowhere.

I tried recalibrating the left analogue countless times, whether by centering it when powering on the console, or the game. I even tried the "Start, Select, A and B for 3 seconds" fix. No dice. I don't think it's the actual analogue though, because as I was fiddling around with a character in SM3DW, I actually had them start nudging down while the analoge was slightly pressed in the up direction. No way it was registering as down. I think it's a circuit making an improper connection at times, but I can't say for sure.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Quite a surprise when I visited the e-shop today! Downloaded it, but have yet to try it! From the footage I saw it looked great, but it's more Yoshi's story then island!

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

am i the only one who wants the next Yoshi game to look like this? An HD Yoshi's Story, essentially, As opposed to Yarn Yoshi?