EnjoyUp Games Announces Rock'N Racing Off Road For The Wii U eShop

Posted by Damien McFerran

It's gripped, it's sorted, let's off-road

Spanish developer EnjoyUp Games has confirmed today that it will be releasing a new title in 2014 by the name of Rock'N Racing Off Road.

No screens are available at present, but EnjoyUp has revealed some details as well as a sample of the rocking soundtrack which will accompany the mud-splattered on-screen action.

The game — which is slated for a Q2 release next year — will apparently showcase realistic physics to ensure that jumps and crashes look as close to reality as possible, and a multiplayer mode will allow up to five players to take part in each scramble to the finish line. Off-TV play will also be included. Simon and Lindsey would be proud.

You can check out a sample of the game's music below, but in the meantime, does this off-road racer have your interest?

TheChosen

TheChosen said:

The title makes it sound like they took Super Off Road and Rock N' Roll Racing and put them together. Sadly this is not the case.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Judging from that photo - which I'm guessing has nothing to do w/ the game? - I'ld rather have a Fast N Loud game where you cut Aaron's beard like in Bonsai Barber.

Shortiloe

Shortiloe said:

They already announced that 1 Month ago on twitter with that thumbnail in the youtube vid...

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

For a game titled "Rock 'N Racing" (a bit too close to old SNES gem Rock N Roll Racing?), the least thing I'd expect is a synth-based soundtrack showoff.

Gioku

Gioku said:

...I'm not sure I can be interested in this (yet) with so little information...

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

What the...? The youtube video makes me feel like I just got trolled. Bad music & a single picture? Sure this game is real? ;)

Anyways, Q2... Isn't that when MK8 is coming out? Sorry RnR Off Road but I'll be too busy with MK8 to buy you probably :p

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Damn, i got excited for a minute there, i thought Rock n Roll Racing was making a comeback!

SMW

SMW said:

I too thought it read Rock n Roll Racing. Oh well.

As for this, its hard to get excited over a game from a music clip. I do love off-roading games, so I'll pay more attention once we get some real media.

Nothings yet to top 4x4 Evo for me. Excitetruck/bots was cool, but too restrictive. I don't really consider it off-road when there are invisible walls and a clearly-defined path to take. (Although what made 4x4 Evo so great were the user-created off-roading tracks where it was a challenge to even finish one lap!)

andregurov

andregurov said:

I love off-road/rally racing games, so unless this one is a complete fluff-up … I'll be getting it.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

I wonder if its going to be a top down racer like Micro Machines or more like Crusin USA.