Do You Want This Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-Themed NES? It'll Cost You A Pretty Penny

Posted by Orla Madden

Heroes on a NES shell, Turtle power!

Sometimes a good console modification can brighten a day. We've seen plenty such as a custom Tron Nintendo 64, a Zelda-inspired SNES and a Luigi-themed 2DS; now more recently, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle coated NES.

The console features Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo on a backlit panel, with four custom designed controllers that are colour coded according to each of the respective heroes.

Creator of the retro beauty, Ryan Fitzpatrick, has the system up for auction on eBay, with the current bid at an astounding $1,275.

It's a limited edition modification, with it being the only of its kind in the world. Take a look at the pictures below, and be sure to let us know in the comment section if it's worth it.

[via facebook.com, ebay.com]

Goginho

Goginho said:

Dat price! If it's that easy, then I'ma buy an old console, due some simple artwork to it, and let it auction on ebay.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Man I love those custom consoles. I would get one in a heartbeat if I had the money to spare.

sdelfin

sdelfin said:

It's stunning. I'm sure a lot of work goes into that with high quality materials such as automotive-grade paint. It would be a great show piece for collectors. I'm not so attached to the NES as a console, but it makes for great customs. The cut outs on top for the back-lit artwork are very cool. Reminds me of the custom Mega Man NES I saw on the 2011 Christmas episode of the Happy Console Gamer show on youtube. That thing was amazing. Looks like the same guy was involved, not surprisingly.

tanookisuit

tanookisuit said:

Worth it to the right person sure, to me no, but I like stuff stock. The creator is a really nice guy and works with people on projects too and posts all his work over at NintendoAge.com and takes commissions there too. There's a thread there on this custom and you can backtrack the name from there and see many other items like a recent Castlevania box where the top of the machine has the box art from the game on the top (art not silver border) in insanely high detail.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

I would buy that console for $50, anything more than that (whether custom or not) won't get a buy from me.

sleepinglion

sleepinglion said:

I'm telling ya, if Nintendo would re-release the NES with a modern HDMI out it would sell like crazy.

timp29

timp29 said:

TMNT on the NES was soul crushingly hard. That machine would just remind me every day that I couldn't beat that game.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

It looks awesome but to spend over a grand for it? I don't know....maybe if I had money to burn but I'd like to know when it sells and for how much.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

@timp29 I know all about it being soul crushing hard. I did beat it after a week of non stop playing....the ending.....well let's just say it won't be the best ending you ever saw in a video game.

DaveGX

DaveGX said:

Holy crap, $1270?! Even the new consoles aren't worth that much. Sorry, but that's asking too much even if it is a retro console because theyw eren't even really worth that much back then. Yes, I would totally buy a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles themed NES because this is the vintage look and not the remakes, just not at that price.

gblock

gblock said:

@sleepinglion

bunnyboy (creator of the powerpak and the repros for NWC 1990 and 1991)is working on one (with all new hardware) over on Nintendoage.

due out sometime next year :)

BlackStar9000

BlackStar9000 said:

@timp29 yeah the first one was, I managed to beat it once, then tried again with the game genie with invincibility and got permanently stuff on that level with the gap and the water running in between, so I said fudge it, BUT then the arcade game came out(which is what this is designed after), was still hard but totally fun, and I beat it repeatedly, even with my brother. Sooooo many memories of the turtles that I want this immediately.

theBluntKnight

theBluntKnight said:

My thoughts on the aesthetics of this custom NES - it's totally rad.
It's well outside my price range. unless I became a billionare then I would only buy a custom console if it was at a reasonable price and if I thought it might appreciate if value.