Weirdness: The Fresh Prince Meets Super Mario In This Toe-Tapping Mash-Up

Posted by Damien McFerran

I looked at my (Mushroom) kingdom, I was finally there

With the release of Super Mario 3D World almost upon us, what better way to celebrate than combine the lyrics of classic TV show Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air with the Wii U game's infectious soundtrack?

That's exactly what one resourceful soul has done — you can witness the result below. If you're too young to know who the Fresh Prince was, allow us to explain: he was Will Smith before he was a global mega-star.

[via destructoid.com]

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I feel like I've been trolled...

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was a hilarious show back in the day though, good times :)

Hyperstar96

Hyperstar96 said:

I don't want to be -that guy-, but this isn't exactly newsworthy; people make these all the time.

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

@Gerbwmu Yes this is the theme for the Pilot episode of "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" It was a little longer than the other episodes.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I was a hard core Will Smith fan as a teenager. I even bought his DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince "Before the Willenium" album in addition to the new stuff. Awesome remix btw how'd they get the tempo right? I did not know there was an extended version of the TV show's theme song, now I gotta hear the original uncut.

KevTastic84

KevTastic84 said:

@StarDust I still am a huge fan. A key member of www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com 's forum and i actually know JazzyJeff personally. Nice to see two of my favourite things put together.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air's theme song is known for its memetic ability to "go with everything". It can be mashed up with almost anything you want.