Video: This New Puzzle & Dragons Z Trailer Has A Monstrous Amount Of Detail

Posted by Damien McFerran

3DS outing expands dramatically on the popular mobile game

December will see the Japanese release of Puzzle & Dragons Z, the 3DS port of the insanely successful smartphone puzzle / RPG hybrid.

Developer GungHo has released another trailer to crank up interest even further, and it contains more details about the game's massive over-world, the mechanics of the elemental powers and the ability to merge certain monsters to create new types. At least that's what we think is happening — it's all in Japanese, of course.

Puzzle & Dragons Z will be coming to the west in the near future — will you be picking it up after seeing this footage?

[via gonintendo.com]

MaciejKuczynski

MaciejKuczynski said:

Why can't I find the regular Puzzle & Dragons on the App Store? Is it not available in Poland? Gee, I thought only Nintendo didn't like us.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Can wait to finally see what this game is all about! There must be something to it if its that popular!

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

It will depend on how "smartphoney" it is. It seems promising, but I gotta admit I've been pretty burned by mobile-games-turned-console-games in the past.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Pretty good game. Hope it does well. Will go a ways towards shutting up the naysayers. Naysayers, there's always naysayers.

video arcade goers put down home consoles for lack of graphics
PC gamers put down console players for lack of keyboard and mouse
PS3 and Xbox PS3 owners put down Wii owners for not enough buttons
Everybody puts down "app" games for no buttons

In the future people w/ chips in their brains will be put down by phone gamers for not having a screen and having everything done inside their own heads

Icefreak45

Icefreak45 said:

Omgeeerd, do want! Happy to hear it's coming West. If my wallet let's me I'll pick it up whenever it comes out.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

I just downloaded the demo! I haven't tried it yet.

Nintendo was really smart with this one. They took one of the most successful smart phone games and sought to bring it to the 3ds in a greatly expanded version.

Squid

Squid said:

Looks fun, but I don't really quite understand how the gameplay works. And not that I'm accusing them of copying, but it reminds me of Pokemon and the character design seems kind of generic in that respect.

Transdude1996

Transdude1996 said:

For some reason, this game reminds me of Spectrobes more than anything else.

Also, please bring this game stateside.

Darkness3131

Darkness3131 said:

Looks really awesome; if it comes over I'd love to pick it up. Gotta love a puzzle AND RPG game. :)

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

Waaaaant.
I recently got the app on Android, and its fun. Wow, they turned it into much more of an RPG. The app is really straightforward (also free and easy to not have to spend money on). That just makes it a lot cooler.
I also approve if more good app games get this type of treatment.