Video: This Custom Zelda: Wind Waker Car Could Be The Best Thing About Forza 5

Posted by Damien McFerran

A Link to the Pace

As hard as it is to believe, there is a world outside of Nintendo, and the more perceptive ones among you will no doubt have realised that Microsoft launched its Xbox One console recently. One of the console's launch games was Forza 5, a technically impressive racer with amazingly detailed cars and tracks.

The game also allows you to create your own livery for your cars, and Xbox One owner Nill31 wasted no time in cooking up this gorgeous Wind Waker-themed design:

No that's a car that even The Goddess would be proud be be seen in.

[via gonintendo.com]

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

From what ive heard, it IS the best thing about the game :D
Maybe you can buy the graphics, gameplay and fun that they promised at E3 as one of the countless DLC Packs.

Dyltheman

Dyltheman said:

Bit harsh, from someone who has the game, its excellent....driveatars are a great idea and work surprisingly well. still haters gonna hate either ways.

SuperCharlie78

SuperCharlie78 said:

You can do this since Forza Motorsport 2, which I played a lot, there were many Nintendo themed cars.

ikki5

ikki5 said:

so.... why did Nintendo let an Xbox exclusive game use Nintendo Themes? But then again.... now they got advertising on an Xbox game. lol

Darkness3131

Darkness3131 said:

That's awesome. :)

PS. Typo in the article last sentence. Should be " now" not no. I don't think anyone cares though.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

That's just amazingly well done. Looks professional. I now want my own physical car to have that paint job... maybe not permanently.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Anyway Microsoft is now the new family friendly console of choice or so I have been reading elsewhere.

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

I'm so going to make this my design on Forza, now all I have to do is actually learn how to get the hang of this simulator.

Laxeybobby

Laxeybobby said:

Don't understand the licencing here, why would Nintendo allow this when this game is not ever going to be on a Nintendo system. Why allow this on an Xbox only game. I could understand this if the game was to be released on the WiiU at some stage. (never likely).
Maybe the developers never sought permission from Ninty and just did it?

TheRealThanos

TheRealThanos said:

@mercurio2054 @MadAussieBloke No it isn't. The resolution of this clip is just awful. Forza is a great series and this is the best that money can buy at the moment and it DEFINITELY thrashes the honestly VERY pathetic Drive Club that PS4 owners will have to make do with. They'd better stick with Gran Turismo, even though Forza already surpassed that with the fourth game and this fifth outing is even better.
Here's a good quality clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcNbuGb0pDA
@Aussie (and totally off topic) I love your usual comments, especially with the pictures and/or clips. You appear to be gifted with a great sense of humor.