Video: Getting Hands On With Super Mario 3D World's Hands-On Hall

Posted by Damien McFerran

A level with a distinctly Japanese feel to it

The next in our gameplay videos from Super Mario 3D World has the taste of the Far East about it. World 6-3 — also known as Hands-On Hall — takes place in a Japanese castle, complete with sliding doors, deadly assassins and a moonlit, rooftop battle.

Check out the footage below and let us know what you think — if you've already played the game, which level is currently your favourite?

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

This is an awesome level. It has it all; great level design, enemies, and music. It's suitably Japanese, and yet those Bowser gongs have a Chinese style, so it's not completely faithful. The only thing that would make this level better would be if this game brought back Ninjis.

My favorite level is either Hands-On Hall or Pipeline Lagoon. It's really hard to determine because so many wonderful levels in this game.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

@andreoni79 I was just very, VERY lucky at local retailer. Sometimes good things happen to good people, I guess. Don't worry, it's right around the corner and it will be worth it! =)

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

@Shiryu Good for you! My retailer usually sell new Ninty games 2 days earlier, but not this time :(
Just jealous because today it's my birthday and all I have got since now is Wonderful 101 constanlty freezing on mission 006! Worst birthday ever! ;)

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I played this level like a dozen times, not only because it is great, but I had a hard time finding the stamp. I finally found it yesterday.

idork99

idork99 said:

I've played the majority of the levels but I do not have a favorite. There are too many great levels to choose from!

And let's not forget the music! Magical tunes!

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@andreoni79
Try replaying from 006a and play it through exactly how the game "wants" you to. Don't go to any special areas or attempt to work through in an unnatural order. Many times glitches like this occur because of an action taken before it's "supposed" to be taken. Just a shot in the dark here, but I think if you start mission 006 completely over at 006a and play it straight through, noting anything out of the ordinary you did before and avoiding doing so this time, there's a good chance you'll be alright. Worth a shot.

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

@JaxonH Thanks for the answer. I finally finished that mission, but I can't say what I made different... 2 hours later I received my copy of SM3DW, maybe the Wonderful were just waiting for new friends!!!