There's A New Mario & Luigi: Dream Team 3DS XL Bundle On The Way

Posted by Damien McFerran

New North American SKU appears in Target advert

It would appear that Nintendo of America is launching a new 3DS XL bundle in time for Christmas. This time it's the turn of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team to get the pack-in treatment, coming pre-installed on a black and silver console which boasts an image of the famous siblings on its lid.

The price — according to an advert from Target — will be $199.99, and the release date is December 2nd.

We imagine this pack will find its way under many Christmas trees this holiday season — will yours be one of them?

[via destructoid.com]

MF_MaxiMillion

MF_MaxiMillion said:

Damn, dude. When I bought a black 3DS XL a few months ago, there were almost no cool bundles 'cept for the Animal Crossing one. Seems like now there's one coming out every month.

NavySpheal

NavySpheal said:

Although I'm going to stick with my Zelda XL, this is still a nice bundle. I sure do wish that the games were physical copies though...

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

Whoa, Skylanders are super-cheap in America! :O

On topic, that is one awesome-looking 3DS XL. I'd definitely consider it as a second unit for sure, especially since I missed out on the Zelda 3DS XL (which have seemingly all mysteriously appeared on eBay Australia for double the price :|), although I doubt it would make its way to my country's shores. Still, it'd be fantastic if it did come out here. :)

Shambo

Shambo said:

I just transfered my blue xl to my Pikachu xl after getting the Link Between Worlds xl, and now this seems to be coming... And looks great...

Shambo

Shambo said:

@GamerZackX If you want something strictly limited, you should preorder as soon as possible. There are those who always get a bunch and then systematically raise the price when it's nowhere else available anymore...
It shouldn't be allowed, but it will always happen.

Some advice from a collector ;)

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

@Shambo: Thanks for the advice. I had intended for it to be a potential gift for myself (Mum always asks me what I'd like for Christmas even though I prefer to give than receive), so when they were all gone I just thought about other possibilities. :)

NbaJunkie

NbaJunkie said:

Im getting this for xmas. And it looks better than the luigi from europe imo..Stay classy Nintendo
I had the cosmo black 3ds but traded it in to buy my wiiu day one.With the expanded library and neat edition. Its time to grab one up again!

Rebel81

Rebel81 said:

@Shambo. Sorry I just can't deal with money, so I still have 3 brand new limited edition 3DS XL Systems which I will sell when I need the money really. If not I keep them brand new.

Shambo

Shambo said:

@Rebel81 I wasn't going to use my Pikachu Edition either, but due to some reasons I did it now. Mu Link Between Worlds 3ds is one for my Zelda collection, so it will remain unused.

Mecha_Boo

Mecha_Boo said:

wow im really torn up here
i dont know if i want this or the zelda one
i already asked my family for the zelda one for christmas tho so i assume thats gonna be it

Pro-N-Gamer

Pro-N-Gamer said:

How many different 3DS XL did they released already? They better made a 3DS XL with changeable covers. Like packs that include the game and cover. Bought the Zelda 3DS last week so i'm not intended to buy a new one :)

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@NavySpheal So what I did for the Zelda 3DS Bundle was give the digital download as a Christmas gift, and I bought the physical copy separately (I'm actually giving my old 3DS as a gift, so I'm just pre installing the game on there). Point is, it would make a great gift if you know someone with a 3DS, and would save you money buying them something else.

Otherwise, you can always list it on eBay for $25 just to sell it quick. You'd still be clearing over $20 after eBay's 10% cut, the 3% Paypal fee and 50 cents for a stamp and envelope to send the digital slip. Sure, that's only half of what it retails but hey, it's not physical so who cares right? Then take that $20 and use it toward a physical copy of the game.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Yeah, this will look absolutely stunning on the collector's shelf next to my gold Zelda 3DS XL. Hmm, a gold XL and silver XL side by side... I like it.