The Second Best Damn Half Time Entertainment You'll Ever See

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

More Nintendo marching band madness

College Football and marching bands go together like Apple Pie and a cup of Joe in North America, and we hope you forgive our lazy cultural reference. But still, they do, and occasionally these groups put together ridiculously complicated routines with choreography to delight those in the cheap seats. Naturally they get filmed doing it, and last year we shared an outstanding effort from the Ohio State University Marching Band; now Clemson University (South Carolina) has got in on the act.

Its routine is all about Nintendo, focusing on the Mario and The Legend of Zelda franchises. It's fun and impressive, and better than our unrecorded effort with four staffers and kazoos, admittedly. We see various Mario shapes and a clever recreation of the end of level flagpole, while Link makes an appearance with the Master Sword, too. It's an impressive effort, though Ohio State's performance arguably has the edge courtesy of its galloping Epona, which is still mind-blowing.

Check it out below and let us know what you think.

[via kotaku.com]

BenAV

BenAV said:

Pretty cool, but felt like I missed like half of it thanks to that guy's camera work.

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

Nice bit of sub-liminal advertising, just in time for 3D World !

Rafie

Rafie said:

O STATE BABY!!!! I'm from Ohio and I went to Ohio State for a year before I went into the military. Best college football team (even when we're sanctioned!)

TurokJr

TurokJr said:

That's what Nintendo did. It doesn't matter if you are a fanboy or not; this is the legacy that they did. Respect

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

It was great, but not as great as the Ohio State one. And it's not because of the bad camera work in this one. :p

Alshain01

Alshain01 said:

Nope sorry. I know I'm probably nitpicking but I was in my corps style high school and college marching bands and I know what to look for but this band is terrible. The lines are awful and people aren't hitting their marks at all. Movement is totally off the beat. My high school did better performances than this.

Lightningturtle

Lightningturtle said:

@Alshain01 I see a band that is definitely not dci, but worked hard, performed a great show, and had fun doing it. And it's great to see more support for Nintendo.

Alshain01

Alshain01 said:

@Lightningturtle But that's not what the title says. In the realm of marching shows, The Ohio state show didn't mark the top 50 and this one, not even in the running. And I'm not even counting professionals like DCI corps.