SteamWorld Dig Creators to Make "Huge Announcement" Tomorrow

Posted by Martin Watts

Is there another SteamWorld game in the works?

Image & Form, the Swedish development studio behind 3DS eShop title SteamWorld Dig, stated on Twitter earlier today that it will be making a huge announcement tomorrow. Seeing as the tweet — which is shown below — tells us to speculate about what this could be, we thought it'd be rude not to. The Japanese release of the game (which was today) is mentioned within the same tweet, and as a result we can't help but think that this upcoming announcement is 3DS-related in some way.

Back in September, we caught up with the Image & Form's Brjann Sigurgeirsson, who confirmed that work was already well under way on a new 3DS eShop instalment in the SteamWorld Dig series. Is it possible that we'll finally hear more details about this upcoming project tomorrow?

Are you hoping for a SteamWorld Dig sequel or would you prefer to see an entirely new title from Image & Form?

[via nintendoeverything.com]

Volmun

Volmun said:

HD WiiU ver mabe? Grate game i realy enjoyed it althow it was a bit short. Still fantastic

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

There is loads they could do as Steamworld games and they seem to have interesting ideas.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

sequal already, it only just came out lol
if so i wish allmy fav games were like that

Klimbatize

Klimbatize said:

Steamworld Dig guaranteed I'd buy whatever they put out next, so sequel or original idea won't affect me too much.

Sequel wouldn't suck though!

sevex

sevex said:

I'd love something new from these guys. They definitely know what they're doing.

Macarony64

Macarony64 said:

Probably a begged vita port wich I would be happy for them but I wish more for a steamworld HD collection or one with extras.

Romeo

Romeo said:

Steamworld Dig 2 release date, PLEASE!

NO Wii U HD version, please.. :/

ejamer

ejamer said:

Loved this game on my 3DS, so kind of hoping to hear that it'll be ported to other platforms so more people can enjoy playing it...

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I don't think a sequel would do much for me. They have the assets so they could do all sorts of interesting cool things.

Kifa

Kifa said:

I'd not touch the HD remake with a long stick. I mean - what's the point of releasing the same game over and over again with just updated graphics?

To add some negativity to the response mix: I'd say it's about a mobile/tablet port. ;]

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

They have already said before it is a new game but in the same world. (Not interested in a sequel so much).

Romeo

Romeo said:

steamworld dig on steam is the big announcement :/

i don't care.. already have it on 3ds