Nintendo Reveals a Host of New Details For The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Link-ing it all together

With The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds now a little over a month away, Nintendo took the opportunity in its Nintendo Direct broadcasts to reveal some choice details about the game, including one that'll either thrill or disappoint fans of Majora's Mask.

A few new characters were detailed — the first was Irene, a witch that essentially serves as a quick-travel / warp mechanic activated by a bell on the touch screen; we imagine this'll be particularly helpful when a specific weapon or item is needed for a dungeon and a trip to the store is required. There's also Gramps, a kindly old gentleman that deals with StreetPass data — these hits are turned into battles with Dark Link that, if won, can be lucrative in Rupee rewards. Seres was also shown, a woman that gets trapped into a painting by the main villain.

The much-teased Majora's Mask link appears to be with the Milk Bar, with a side-quest included where you need to deliver some milk to an important character. That may be all there is from the iconic Nintendo 64 title, but we'll see.

The latest trailer is below, are your hype levels growing for this?

Mainer82

Mainer82 said:

I'm so tempted to get the collectors pack, sell the download code and play the cartridge on this system. I just don't know if I will though as I have the first Zelda 3DS handheld and I've got a couple of accessories that won't fit on the XL.

ShikabaneHime13

ShikabaneHime13 said:

The wait for next week is killing me! Reserved both a physical copy of the game and the 3DS XL bundle (will be selling the download code to a friend for $25 so he's getting a major steal)

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I like how Dark Link (called Shadow Link in this game) basically serves as a Streetpass foe.

BlatantlyHeroic

BlatantlyHeroic said:

How did you guys miss the fact that Majora is hung up on the wall in the shop...? I'm pretty sure that will also have it's own sidequest or reason behind it. Also, I'm sure you'll end up delivering the milk to someone important, like the Happy Mask Salesman (most likely) who will then tell you that a mask of his is missing... which it will turn out, was stolen by the shopkeeper.

ueI

ueI said:

Streetpass looks kinda game breaking.
The milk bar is disappointing and barely qualifies as a MM reference.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

So they are remaking Majora's Mask after all. This game has just give us the first hint at 0:15 in the video.

ultimate321

ultimate321 said:

@Mainer82 that's the exacg same dilemna I'm in. The gold one looks so awesome but I'd have to sell the download code.... and I have a zelda 3ds and Id be going down to an xl.....and I'm broke tough tough

ddbangsy

ddbangsy said:

I can't wait to get stuck into this game.
Same day as Mario 3d World though, ahhhh, decisions :)