Nintendo of America Warns Of Kirby's Appetite in Thanksgiving Message

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Nintendo Life wishes readers a Happy Thanksgiving / Happy Thursday

Gamers in North America — and some other select parts of the World — may be celebrating the Thanksgiving Holiday today; we hope the day off work and school is at least partly being spent playing games, naturally. For many others it's just Thursday, so we'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving or a Happy Thursday, whichever applies.

Nintendo of America has sent its own message to celebrate the occasion, and has opted to use Kirby as the chosen mascot on Facebook and Twitter.

As dessert is arguably the best course, we just flat out wouldn't invite Kirby around, unless he does a sad face; it's hard to say no to the pink one.

For those of you celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday today, or those having a rad Thursday in any case, let us know what you're up to in the comments below.

[via facebook.com, twitter.com]

Gioku

Gioku said:

I don't want Kirby eating all of my dessert, either! Kirby can just stay out of my house altogether, lol. :P

odd69

odd69 said:

weird. i just got my kirby plush in the mail last week, along with the 20th anniversary collectors game and epic yarn.

CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths said:

Of course by "North America," you mean just the United States. :P Canadian Thanksgiving was last month.

Happy Thursday to you!

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I'd keep Kirby far away from my Thanksgiving dinner! Maybe I'd send King Dedede to keep him occupied?

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

Kirby can eat all he wants as far as I'm concerned... as long as he stays away from my mashed potatos. No one eats my mashed potatos... no one!

hydeks

hydeks said:

Wahoo happy thursday!!! ^-^

To NintendoLife staff: It's just USA Thanksgiving, Canada has there's October 14th, we don't like having it so close to Christmas lol ;-)

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

Dubly noted. Kirby's stomach would make full course meals an appetizers by comparison........barely.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

I can't wait for another unchallenging & effortless pink marshmallowy' adventure! Like Starfy, Kirby makes for a good 'relaxing' platformer. ;)
Can't wait to float over all of the enemies in each stage in the next 3DS outing.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@DestinyMan Bad idea. Remember when Dedede stole all the food?

Happy Thanksgiving from Giygas! I cannot grasp the true form of TURKEY, DRESSING, GRAVY, AND CRANBERRY SAUCE!!!!!

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

How can I possibly have a Happy Thursday when it's Friday today? Am I stuck in some kind of quantum loop or something?! Help meeee! D:

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

I'm starting to see this 'posting twitter messages from NoA' thing becoming a trend here. It just feels a little weird because I always read the actual thing before finding the news higher up my twitter feed...

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

@Giygas_95: Yeah, that is true...

Well, I ate so much because I was so hungry that I would probably be sick if I ate more. I hope other Americans had a great Thanksgiving!

rjejr

rjejr said:

Last of the 21 guests just left - well my wife and kids are still here - so now it's time for some W101. Hope its an easy section, I'm seriously exhausted.

Thanks for the well wishes. Oh, and this year it's Hanagiving or Thanksgivingkah. Don't want to pass up a once in every 79,000 year convergence.

Squid

Squid said:

@hydeks: Huh, really? I wish it was like that here in the US. Ours is pretty much too close to Christmas because everyone has to market off of Christmas shopping and everything by the start of November. :P Everyone seems to forget about Thanksgiving and it's importance, and instead focuses on getting things on Black Friday and then Christmas and not being so thankful.... Eh sorry, just annoying American ranting. Too much to complain about here. :$ Happy Thursday. :D

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I had an awesome Friday today! Got to play Super Mario 3D World a lot, up to World 5 boss I think, & i played a little bit of LoZ: ALBW too, near the end of that one I think. All in all a very happy Friday :D

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

I got two Thanksgivings: one with my roommate's family (practically lunch, with how early they start), and then the evening meal with my girlfriend's family. I pretty much got to be Kirby, this year.

And yes, I was rocking A Link Between Worlds between meals. Speaking of, something very depressing came of that. One of my lady's nephews or something asked me what I was playing, and when I told him about the new game, he said, "Never heard of it." At first, I thought he just meant about A Link Between Worlds, but further inquiry revealed that he meant Zelda as a whole. This child of roughly nine had never heard of The Legend of Zelda in any form. I later heard him talking about Candy Crush. Kids these days, man. I swear...