Nintendo of America Confirms Thanksgiving Weekend Deals for 3DS and Wii U

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

3DS deals and a Nintendo Land + Wii RemotePlus bundle confirmed

With Thanksgiving arriving on Thursday 28th November, and the following days representing possibly the most frantic shopping weekend of the year, Nintendo of America has outlined its official 3DS and Wii U offers for the period. Naturally many more will likely appear at individual retailers, but the various formal deals may well tempt some purchases in the coming week.

In terms of 3DS-family hardware we have the new Cobalt Blue standard 3DS bundle arriving in the region on 28th November — it comes with a copy of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon pre-installed and will have a suggested retail price of $169.99. There are also two retailer-specific offers on the way:

• Walmart — The 2DS will be just $99.96 on 28th November
  • Target — The 3DS XL will be $149.99 on 29th November

As for the Wii U, Nintendo has confirmed a Nintendo Land bundle that also includes a spiffy Luigi Wii RemotePlus — it'll have a recommended price of $59.99 and be released on 2nd December.

Nintendo's also reminded us that there'll be another batch of weekly eShop deals, with Mario being the theme this week. We suspect many would love the previously announced Wii U and 3DS Virtual Console releases of Super Mario Bros. 3 to arrive as part of that theme, though neither version was confirmed in today's European Nintendo Download update information.

Will these fresh offers — beyond the standard bundles already on the market — tempt any of you in North America down to the shops this weekend?

Worthy

Worthy said:

I was waiting for someone to make a South Park 'Brack Friday Bunduru' joke, lol!

NbaJunkie

NbaJunkie said:

Ho hum...
Edit : anyone see the Mario Luigi .silver dsxl bundled with dream team? I'm getting that releases Dec 2nd. The target deal it's legit. Everything else is nothing too exciting

whitespy12

whitespy12 said:

Well that Nintendo Land bundle may explain why the game was removed from the North American eShop..

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

There is your answer as to why Nintendo Land was removed from the US eShop. That bundle is great value. Year of Luigi FTW

Gioku

Gioku said:

Maybe I can convince my parents to get me a 2DS if it's only $99.96! :D

JQuest

JQuest said:

Great bundles! Though I really hope no one thinks the GamePad is included with that copy of Nintendo Land. Lol

Beta

Beta said:

Why are people talking in a Japanese way all of the sudden? O.o Anywaaay, would love that bundle but with Wii Party U instead.

Jellitoe

Jellitoe said:

Nintendo needs to start distancing them selves from the Wii mote if they really want be to know that the Wii U is not a Wii.

FrameAndCanvas

FrameAndCanvas said:

I'm gonna get that bundle. I've been eyeing the wii party U and Mario&Sonic bundles, but I feel like I'll get a little more enjoyment out of NintendoLand.

Superstick

Superstick said:

Nintendo Land got a bundle too?! O.o Lol! At this point there is no excuse to not have a Wiimote plus! There's like a gazillion pack-ins now! XD

PS4

PS4 said:

Would get the NL copy if It was a Mario wii remote since I already have Luigi, but I already have NL lol.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

I don't wanna get anyone's hopes up, but when I read the Super Mario Bros. 3 part all I thought of was how Nintendo surprised us with Earthbound that one week without announcing it prior. Maybe, maybe they'll do something similar this week.

I can only hope, anyway... I'd love to finally play it on my GamePad.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@DarkwingLz @ferthepoet - I thought this was about a digital sale as well. And the point would be they would sell more games. Its Black Friday weekend, everybody is in a shopping mood looking for sales.

Smart move putting a Luigi Wiimote in with a game either nobody wants are people already have, the collectors and fans will buy a lot more of these than if it were just a black Wiimote.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Target has a $25 Gc deal on Wii U this week.

It's the holidays, anybody buying games or old consoles at full price really isn't making any effort. TRU has some good Skylanders deals this week, Im guessing Thursday and Friday will be even better.

hydeks

hydeks said:

That 3ds with luigi mansion bundle looks very tempting! they had something very similar at walmart for $189, but came with the cobalt 3ds.

On a side note, must be the Canadian in me, but November 28th being Thanksgiving is weird lol Way too close to more turkey (Christmas) ^-^

soma

soma said:

I don't have a WiiU but I'm tempted to buy that bundle just to get the green WiiMote XD

Yoshi88

Yoshi88 said:

Sweet! I can't wait for Super Mario Bros. 3 on the 3DS eShop! I always have loved playing that game...

Yoshi88

Yoshi88 said:

Yoshi88

Yoshi88 said:

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

Great bundles. Hope Nintendo can sell a ton of systems over the holidays so the gaming media can shut up for two seconds and actually talk about games instead of writing the same Doom and Gloom article twenty times over.

JustinH

JustinH said:

If you don't have NintendoLand, go get that bundle.

If you already have NintendoLand, and a Wii U, and a 3DS, well... you're like me, and you've got nothing by way of bundle interest, sadly.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

So these Mario and Luigi controllers am I right in thinking there is no matching nunchuck available. (I am not really bothered about looks but that just strikes me as pointless.)

Megajack

Megajack said:

I may get that Nintendo Land bundle just for the motion plus... (And of course I get to play the game)

I've been wanting one so I can finally try out Skyward Sword.

minotaurgamer

minotaurgamer said:

@Jellitoe why? the wii mote is pretty much the standard controller not only on the wii u but in most of nintendo's game. It's a nice, familiar device that is more inviting than the weird wii u gamepad.

And seriously, everybody that has the idiotic belief that the wii should go so the wii u fair better, knock it off already. The Wii U needs a "killer app" not get rid of the wii.

Stop drinking the inudstry's kool-aid. It numbs the brains.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Great to see Nintendo Land get some love. :) I was a bit worried it was going to get sidelined this Holiday. For those who like to play with 2+ people in front of the same TV, there' s not much better.

Austroid

Austroid said:

Dang, should've waited to get Nintendo Land... at least it was 40 bucks cheaper, though.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

I am so down with that Nintendo Land. It's barely any more expensive than just getting the Luigi Remote on its own. Heck yeah.