Nintendo of America Confirms 23 Locations for its Holiday Mall Experience

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Portland, Orlando and plenty more besides

The Holiday shopping season is nearly here — perhaps it's already started for some — and Nintendo of America is preparing to take the Wii U, 3DS and its biggest games on a tour around various shopping destinations in the US. On the Wii U we'd expect titles such as Super Mario 3D World and Wii Party U to feature prominently, while The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds should be a major attraction on 3DS / 2DS.

Nintendo of America's official Holiday Mall Experience website has listed 23 locations where the Nintendo systems will be playable between 25th November and 22nd December; the details, along with special visits in some locations, are below.

Seattle, WA

Miami, FL
Dolphin Mall | Entry 5
Pikachu visits on 12/21 & 12/22

Annapolis, MD
Annapolis Mall | JCPenny Court
Pikachu visits on 12/7 & 12/8

There are quite a few locations where gamers in the US will be able to go hands on with Nintendo's biggest games. Do you plan to check out any of these mall experiences?

[via nintendo.com, gonintendo.com]

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Cool; there's one in Indianapolis! I don't know if I would actually go, but I didn't expect to see one fairly close to where I live.

pureval

pureval said:

One day Nintendo will realize this country extends beyond NY. One day.

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

It's nice they have one here in Atlanta, but I really, REALLY hate the idea of going to a mall between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm already a Wii U owner anyway...

Diddy_kong

Diddy_kong said:

@JJtheTexan

I hear ya. I got my Xmas shopping done before Thanksgiving just so I can now avoid the malls for the next month and a half. Plus I don't need to be sold on Super Mario 3D World, so...

Gioku

Gioku said:

Sweet! They had this in the Washington Square Mall last year, too, and it was pretty cool! :D

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox said:

It's only 879 miles (1,415 kilometers, drive time 12 hours and 55 minutes) to the Nintendo Holiday Mall Experience closest to me!!! Road Trip to Chandler, AZ!!!!

It would be cheaper to just buy a Wii U.

wiiucompl

wiiucompl said:

Cool.
Which city is closest to Warsaw? :-)
Nintendo - Do even before Christmas Polish website please.

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

633 mi, 9 hours 55 mins. That is the closest one to me. I definitely wont be going.

DoctorJonAngus

DoctorJonAngus said:

The setup they had at the King of Prussia Mall was awesome, last year! I feel pretty lucky having the, now, biggest mall in America a half hour drive away.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

The closest event for me is on my own television and Wii U system. I'm even having it early on the 22nd. :) There will be very few street passes however... :(

Matts14

Matts14 said:

@pureval you have it easy if anything actually comes to Canada they only hit Toronto and Vancouver if you live between those its a 30 hour drive

Ren

Ren said:

Someone should send them an email with a map or just a note on how many states there are. But it'd be a shame to dip into profits just to pay for silly ol' marketing of your friggin' flagship device that no one is buying. I had 2 people ask me this week when the new Nintendo system is coming out... Normally I defend Nintendo but.. is it really my job as a dissappointed fan to try and explain for 10 minutes what a WiiU is to adults who don't happen to troll Nintendo sites every day? Then to explain to them why I, the biggest Nintendo nerd they know, decided not to get one myself? So embarrassing.

Magrane

Magrane said:

Wow, first time I've ever heard they're coming to Culver City's mall! This is one of the two closer Los Angeles locations, so I'm going to bet that week will be pretty packed. Looking forward to getting my hands on Super Mario 3D World! The only Northern California location is Santa Clara.......pretty skimpy.

ericflapjack

ericflapjack said:

I like that it's a month-long, and not just one day, so one could go to it anytime they shop during that stretch of time. And that they have "special" days with a character appearance. I'll go to the one in Indy for the Mario appearance, in hopes of getting a bunch of Street Passes.

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

I am only an hour and a half from Orlando, so I may check out the Florida Mall. Funny enough, just yesterday my fiance and I were talking about how we haven't gone to some of the big Orlando malls in a long time, and that before Christmas we should go walk around them. Perfect timing, Nintendo!

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@Warruz: I know. First time I've seen a Nintendo event that comes to NJ. Though, I agree w/ @WiiUExposed: that there should be @ least 2 per state, & in all the States. Not having this event in all the States will to some degree save money, but also will to some degree make ppl feel left out. Again, maybe I missed something, but this is a first for NJ to hold a Nintendo event. Edit: Though, inconveniently I'd have to drive all the way up NJ to just get to the event. It'd be easier if what demos I can actually get my hands on in what few stores I can actually demo a WU, had something aside from videos, like I don't know, actual games to try. Nintendo could easily save money, by better marketing the console. Oh right, I mean, market it at all. Which, unfortunately, they don't do.

J-Murdock

J-Murdock said:

Great location Nintendo it's a good bet there will be ton of people at this shopping mall. I should know because i goes there and live not too long from there either. Ha! good luck finding a parking space.

Santa Clara, CA
Valley Fair | Nordstorm Court
Mario visits on 11/30 & 12/1

i'll see if i can get some pictures of Mario interacts with the shoppers there and the atmosphere surrounding it.

GamerGleek47

GamerGleek47 said:

@SirGreatNose @WingedSnagret At least you two can travel in car. And Nintendo consoles and games get to stores near you. I wouldn't even know Nintendoe exists if I wouldn't have Internet, because in South America (where I live) you only get Sony products and sometimes Microsoft's. We only got the Wii but just the console. Not the games. And the console is like $700 Argentine Pesos more than a PS3 -.-

J-Murdock

J-Murdock said:

May i have a specific time when Mario will be at this location please;

Santa Clara, CA
Valley Fair | Nordstorm Court
Mario visits on 11/30 & 12/1

i don't want to miss it. Thanks :)

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

King of Prussia? In PA? I've never even heard of it til just now I live in PA but more close to Ohio & NY. :(

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

3dcaleb

3dcaleb said:

PORTLAND!!! mario will be cool but i SO wish it was a big ol pikachu like in fl. that would have been the coolest thing to get a pic with.

PrincessSugoi

PrincessSugoi said:

Glad they're coming to North Carolina and I understand why they'd chose Concord Mills but I wish they would have went with Crabtree in Raleigh instead. At least then it would have been able easier to justify the trip... Concord is two hours away . ;___;

@Barbiegurl777

I went there to visit the King of Prussia mall when my mom was in Phily for work. Makes complete sense why they would go there since it's the largest mall in America. Definitely recommend to visit it sometime, still remember my jaw literally dropping when we drove towards it and I realized I couldn't see the end of the mall in the distance.

Squid

Squid said:

Wow, finally something in VA! Dunno if I'll be able to make it though.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Ayttyueujjusghsghkudgevguisiudgvjsgudvukvu
Sdkudgv!! NOW they choose to finally have an event in Orlando?! Now that I moved away they finally sfjfipg jigdjf g

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

I don't think there's been a Nintendo Connection Tour in Australia since 2011. It's great that other countries still have Nintendo events happening though. ;)

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

hey there's one I can go to! will definitely go and streetpass all the people and mario all the cats o3o

RedFireTiger

RedFireTiger said:

@Ren I could not agree more Ren... It just bring me to tears... almost.
a friend of mine at a party the other night said hey guys did you hear Playstation and the new Xbox are coming out soon.. i saw commercials .. u gonna get one? they asked me. Nah man i got the Wii U. "-OH.. whats that? they said, is it a controller with a screen? i see at Target but I couldn't play any demos. Been out for awhile now right? you probably have a ton of good games huh?"
uh.... right.. I said. I regret buying it. It sucks. The gamepad sucks its battery dies in 4hrs. The Wii U Pro Controller is way better.

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

Shouldn't this be a standard? Shouldn't they have demos available all the time like the other companies? The Wii U is an extremely hard console to communicate why people would want to play it, unless they actually play it.

WiiUExposed

WiiUExposed said:

@LetsGoRetro Happens when I write a comment when I'm tired. But less than 1 per 2 states falls under the range of less than 2 per 1 state.

Yes, I'm aware that this is damage control. But I gotta save a little face, right?

WiiUMan9009

WiiUMan9009 said:

If only that Concord, NC stop was a Concord, NH stop that would have been perfect for me, but as usual no love for NH

raith

raith said:

I'll be going to the one in Queens, NY. Despite it being mall tour, they should have those games at the Nintendo World Store already. I'm just glad they are doing this tour all across the country.

Nico07

Nico07 said:

@WiiUExposed Agreed, well by the time they have these events I will already have each of these games in hand so I'm not that distraught. But still it would be nice to have Mario Kart 8 or something else as a things to come to get more gamers on board with Wii U. But yeah nothing within at least 12 hours from where I live, so I won't be attending.

Muzikant

Muzikant said:

I went to the one in Concord, NC (Charlotte area) with my kids. My 4 year old is a big Luigi fan, but he was afraid to take pictures with Luigi because he thought that Luigi was real. When NoA found out from me that my kids are both getting 3DS Mario Luigi Dream team bundles, they gave me a free Prima Guide book for that game . That was a nice gesture on their part.