Nintendo Combats Wii Fit U Lock-Up Error With Manual Solution

Posted by Liam Doolan

No patch for now

The game-breaking troubles continue for Nintendo with Wii Fit U. Only weeks after the glitch in Pokémon X and Y was put to rest, it has now come to the attention of Nintendo that players may encounter an error causing Wii Fit U or the trial version of the game to lock up when attempting to transfer save data from Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus.

According to Nintendo Australia, the error occurs if all of the following conditions are met:

Two or more sets of user data were created in Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus and the data created earlier was deleted.

A Mii character used in Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus is registered in the Wii U Mii Maker.

The data from Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus is transferred to the Wii U.

To resolve the problem, Mii characters in the Wii U Mii Maker that have been used in Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus, along with any transfer user data, must be deleted and then re-registered in each piece of software.

With any luck, Nintendo will patch this soon. In the meantime, tell us if this problem has affected your Wii Fit U experience, or if you’ve even suffered from the recent Lumiose City glitch in Pokémon X and Y.

[via nintendo.com.au]

Cosats

Cosats said:

Nope. All of the above mentioned conditions have happened to me but my Wii Fit U works fine. I am in Europe if that helps.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

No issue here, but only two out of the three conditions applied (I hadn't deleted anything).

Wii Fit U is great; still need to remember to do my Fit Meter sync at night, but I'm enjoying doing these energetic games again!

Ducutzu

Ducutzu said:

"The game-breaking troubles continue for Nintendo"... "Only weeks after the glitch in..."

That sort of writing can be found in tabloids and the free newspapers in the metro. Weak, unnecessary, and detracts from the contents of the actual article.

Please do not use this writing on our favourite website!

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

That applied to me and I haven't had any problems..... yet...

Does anyone know if Nintendo will let people use more than 1 mii online with Sports Club at some point? I don't really want to pay £9 for either game if my friends and family can't use their own profile to play.

SMW

SMW said:

I don't recall ever deleting any, but I met the rest of those conditions and I've had smooth sailing. Came from Wii Fit then Wii Fit Plus and now Wii Fit U. No issues.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Even though Nintendo deleted all of my Wii U save data during the repair/replacement our Wii save files remained - thank goodness - and we transferred over 3 Wii Fit Plus saves. I don't think we ever deleted any though as my sister and mother were both there and they played exactly 1 time each. All of our Wii U Miis were also deleted though.

On a birighter note - even though my Wii U was wiped when I re-entered my NNID Nintendo found my Mii and DL it back onto my Wii U. It did this for all 4 of us. So there is actually a teeny tiny bit of "network' in Nintendo's NNID after all. Now I just need to figure out if I can find the other 30 family members who had Miis on my Wii before they all get here for Thanksgiving and want to play. But at least Nintendo did find 4 of them. My sons Mii is 6 yrs old, he put a 5 after his name for his age and he's 11 now, didn't want to lose that one.

bagszi

bagszi said:

And I still waiting for an option to change between measuring units! I want to use kg, but my region is UK, and it uses stone for weight. T_T Contacted customer support about it, and all I got is a "sorry, not possible to use metric system if your region not using it..."

eza

eza said:

@bagszi You might have to create a new Wii U user account to work around that:
I'm from the UK but I live in Spain. Bought my Wii U here in Spain at launch, then I took it back to the UK last Christmas to show my friends and family.
When I hooked it up to the internet in the UK, it complained that I wasn't in my region, so I created a new Wii U user account and linked it to a new Nintendo Network ID (I used the same name as my main ID, but with "UK" appended).

So what you can do is create a new user and in system settings (console information page) change your country of residence to a European country but keep your system language to English.
I have my country set to Spain and language set to English and Wii Fit shows me my weight in kilograms but speaks to me in English.

(You won't be able to use a Nintendo Network ID though, I think it blocks you from registering one unless you're actually located in the country you choose)

Nico07

Nico07 said:

I hadn't played Wii Fit Plus for a few months so I felt the old data was irrelevant and didn't import anything. It looks like this was for the best. I'm really enjoying the new Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club. I hope they fix the the buggy latency for online play on the later.

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

My Wii Fit data hasn't been a problem, but I am plagued with lockups at startup and when using the Youtube and Netflix apps.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

Pretty certain al those conditions applied to me and yet I had no problems.

Now, about that red-top writing style...

Captain_Gonru

Captain_Gonru said:

I actually had a problem with my data when I transferred from my Wii to Wii U. The Miis associated the accounts were all changed, though the history was all still there.

MAXIMUS

MAXIMUS said:

Worked for me with no problems. Just picked up my Fit Meter today and am eager to try it out.

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

mine transferred fine, in fact, i transfered everything from my wii just to get all my wii fit data over, and I have to say those pikmin transfer things are so cool (i loved the 3ds transfer tool, but this one blows that completely out of the water)

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

@bagszi yeah, I've had that complaint for a long time. I'd also like to see them offer an alternative to BMI as a measure of determining fitness. I'm a little overweight, but the ideal it has for me is impossible - it's like my high school weight and I'm far more muscular than I was then. To drop to the suggested 11st I'd have to drop all my weight training as well. It's just nonsense.

GemmaBoss

GemmaBoss said:

Im getting errors on mine too, but also disk read errors on other games that dont have scratches. Thinking need a repair. any Uk based repairs out there?saw www.gamingboxfix.co.uk/wii-repair but unsure. Missing my wii games already