Get Tactical With Nintendo Pocket Football Club on the 3DS eShop Next Year

Posted by Orla Madden

Football Manager, Nintendo style

Previously released in Japan as Pocket Soccer League: Calciobit in 2012, Nintendo has announced that Nintendo Pocket Football Club will hit the back of the net on the 3DS eShop in Europe next year.

You can presumably attempt to become the next Sir Alex Ferguson as you take full control of your own football club by customising the team's kit and emblem, lead them to the top of the league by choosing the right tactics and formation, train players to the best of their abilities and buy new team members on the transfer market.

You'll also be able to put your skills to the test as you compete against other players via local wireless, or try your luck online against other players in Europe if you really want to show off your coaching abilities.

A release date is yet to be confirmed for Nintendo Pocket Football Club, with no mention in the North American Nintendo Direct broadcast. Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the title by kicking some comments into the section below.

Goginho

Goginho said:

It's an unexpetced little piece of content that I welcome to the 3DS.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Too bad this is never coming to the Americas, like every single exclusive football-themed game in Nintendo consoles. It's getting pretty old.

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

make this a baseball or a hockey game and bring it west... i would buy this day one

there is not enough scoring in soccer to make management fun

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Always loved the look of Calciobit! Surprised Nintendo decided to localise it though...

cmk8

cmk8 said:

I've long wanted a football management sim on the 3DS (a remake of Championship Manager 93 would have done!), I really hope this isn't rubbish.

CasuallyDressedStaff

CasuallyDressed said:

I'm assuming there aren't any licensed teams. If there were, I'd snap this up. As it stands, I'll probably just pick up FM14 for Vita.

ShinRPGGamer

ShinRPGGamer said:

...Should I even bother asking for an NA localization? I mean sure there's always Football Manager, but I'd like something like this on my 3DS

Shambo

Shambo said:

It looks incredibly cute... Too bad I'm not at all interested in football (or soccer, if you want). Inazuma could just grab my attention by being... Pretty over the top.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

hm i already play an online football manager that is pretty awesome. i dont think i will get this then. positive about this game is that you dont have to be online everyday

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

Soccer.

Worse, soccer manager. The most boring kind of game you could imagine. A Nintendo spin on it could make it enjoyable, but I doubt it.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Looks really interesting & I don't even have any interest in soccer! I do like RPGs though & this looks just like one, planning out my moves & watching my minions succeed or fail in an epic battle of strategy? Yes please! :D

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

@Peach64 I'm wondering how this stacks up against Pocket League Story 1 and 2 in terms of gameplay, fun and price.
Of course, Nintendo should be begging Kairosoft to port games to Wii U and 3DS - it would be enough of a big deal to shift some consoles to the 100,000 die hard fans who immediately buy each game they release (like me).

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

With a sport with individual plays like baseball or American football, I can enjoy a management sim, but back-and-forth sports like soccer need direct on-field gameplay to catch my interest.

WYLD-WOO

WYLD-WOO said:

Soccer... It always makes me laugh when I hear that word. Looks like a nice light hearted pick up `n` play football sim that`s well needed in the EU market place. ON YOUR HEAD SON!

uximal

uximal said:

I am really interested in a Football game, This one looks like it has a lot of depth, I think I will pick it day one.

KevTastic84

KevTastic84 said:

@SirQuincealot lol even though the Football Manager / Championship Manager series are the biggest selling and most praised sports management simulations ever created. Typical American view on the worlds most popular sport.