So, another Nintendo Direct broadcast has come and gone. The reaction online seemed to be, as is now standard, rather mixed. Some have expressed disappointment, while others (such as this writer) thought the broadcasts did a rather good job. Primarily announced as providing details on 3DS titles into early 2014, it nevertheless served up the major announcements that Miiverse is coming to the 3DS in December, along with Nintendo Network ID support that'll also allow users to share their eShop funds across the Wii U and portable store; it has some quirks and limitations, which we'll be outlining in an article soon.
As always, with so much happening this is your go-to source for quick links to all of the broadcast related stories. Due to the madness of covering as much as possible two things slipped past us that, as yet, we haven't reported in their own articles. These are that Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks! will come to the 3DS in Europe on 14th February, and the fact that the new Kirby title on 3DS will be called Kirby: Triple Deluxe — as the latter had no other details, it would have struggled to fill a whole article, in any case.
With those aside, we were busy bees writing up all the details; all are linked below, while you can view both broadcasts in full at the end of this article.
- December system update to allow shared eShop balances across Wii U and 3DS, utilising the home console's Nintendo Network ID
- Nintendo's Miiverse social network to finally come to 3DS in December update
- YouTube finally coming to the 3DS in November, with Wii U app update also on the way
- Nintendo reveals a host of new details for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Nintendo utilises Instagram to tease The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Nintendo of America launches weekly eShop price promotions
- Bravely Default demo hits European eShop, as North American release is confirmed for 7th February
- Mario Party: Island Tour dated for 17th January in Europe
- Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai released early as post-Nintendo Direct treat
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy is finally dated for North America
- StreetPass Relay improvements and free SpotPass content announced
- Nintendo Pocket Football confirmed for the 3DS eShop in Europe, due in 2014
- Newly released "10 new things" Super Mario 3D World trailer is sure to push some buttons
- Nintendo outlines details of third wave of Pikmin 3 DLC
- Animal Crossing Plaza updated with polls and Miiverse stamps, with more to come
Wii U and 3DS
Nintendo Direct Broadcasts
Nintendo of America
Nintendo of Europe
Now that you've had time to digest and think about the Nintendo Direct broadcasts, what are your feelings on them? Let us know in the comments below.