Bravely Default Demo Hits European eShop Today

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

North American release on 7th February

With a lot of buzz around Bravely Default, today's Nintendo Direct broadcasts brought positive news regarding an early chance to play for Europeans, as well as a release date for North America.

In the European broadcast Satoru Shibata confirmed that a demo for the title will be released on the eShop today, though at the time of writing it hadn't quite arrived. The Nintendo of Europe boss also went into some detail to explain different moves and their impact in battle — the Default option allows characters to auto-block, Brave allows multiple hits on enemies, while the Bravely Second feature stops time in battle.

In good news for 3DS RPG fans in North America, however, the title finally has a firm release date for the region — it'll arrive on 7th February 2014.

Nintendo also showed a brief trailer for the Collector's Edition that's coming to both regions; it includes the game, an art book, a soundtrack CD and 34 augmented-reality cards, while the European video also showed the rather impressive Agnès figurine. The release date in Europe is, as previously confirmed, 6th December.

So, will you be picking this up?

BenAV

BenAV said:

Still waiting for this demo.
With my limited funds, there aren't too many guaranteed purchases for me for the rest of the year, but this is almost certainly one of them.
The big question is whether or not I can afford that nice Deluxe Edition.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I hope we eventually get that demo this side of the pond too. Sad to see the figurine does not seem to make it.

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

Won't be touching the demo at all. Similar to Fire Emblem & Phoenix Wright.

I want to experience the full game!

ferthepoet

ferthepoet said:

what are the AR cards for? how much is the special edition going for in Europe? (just to have an idea how much it is likely to cost in NA)

flummerfelt

flummerfelt said:

So happy to finally have a NA release date! Curious about how much the deluxe edition will cost here though.

ShikabaneHime13

ShikabaneHime13 said:

I like that NA gets the boxart like the Japanese version, so I'll pick up the collector's edition even though it doesn't have the Agnes figure

Emblem

Emblem said:

Can't wait for this game! I d/led the demo to show Nintendo there is interest but i won't touch it as i want to play the full thing.

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

I'm jealous that I won't get the figurine until I find one on eBay for way too much.

BenAV

BenAV said:

For those of your deciding to pass on the demo on the basis that they'll be buying the full game, it's worth noting that the demo's content seems to be completely separate to the full game.

mullen

mullen said:

I don't have EU 3DS so I can't test the demo, but if that's same as JP version, the demo is something you don't want to miss even if you already have the game, because you can unlock several items by your demo's save data. The items are not very valuable, but can make you game significantly easier at the beginning when you don't have lots of money to buy any equipment.
Also, by playing the demo, you can have the idea of how to handle the battle system. You can also streetpass & collect villages which can be transferred to the release version, which is another benefits.

ueI

ueI said:

3 months is an unusually long wait. At least it gives me plenty of time to read reviews.

mullen

mullen said:

@ferthepoet I think the 1 card that used to see the opening will be included in normal version as well, while all other cards are just optional, you can play the game without them (just can't play the special AR mode). It's also possible that the drama cards will be provided through official website, and you can scan them from your monitor, tablet or phone.

Uberchu

Uberchu said:

@rjejr Games not that close to release hear yet, come back in 2 or 3 weeks them maybe you'll have this demo.

I don't really care for demos and have only used one, and not sure I'd be picking up this game with my limited funds so I'll give this a pass.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm amazingly pumped for this game, can't download the demo as I don't have enough space on my SD card (plan to buy a new one soon). Gonna preorder this game in a couple of weeks. I emailed EB Games Aus. last week & they claimed to be totally sold out of Bravely Default Collector's Edition & not getting anymore in sadly. I tried to keep a watch on the EB Games website to see it become available but no such luck I guess, sold out before I even got a chance... sniffle :p

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Wow that alot sooner for NA. I was thinking that we would be waiting until Summer for it.

WYLD-WOO

WYLD-WOO said:

@Emblem
The demo is self set and not the same as the main game, it`s not like the FE demo. Try it it, it`s a very clever way of not spoiling the full game experience. Plus there are some added benefits carried over from the demo to the main game.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@DarkwingLz - Well that makes sense. No point haivng a demo now for a Feb. game, didn't realize the release dates were so different.