Weirdness: If Pokémon Meets King of the Hill, the Results Are Bizarre

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Because almost everyone plays Pokémon

Some of you in the Nintendo Life readership may be fans of King of the Hill, the animated series that ran on TV from 1997 to 2010, picking up a number of awards in the process. With over 250 shows behind it, there's little surprise that the series has plenty of fans online that are more than happy to celebrate its existence with videos, music, artwork etc. It goes without saying that Pokémon, with its millions of fans and a position as one of the biggest franchises in the games industry, has fans as loyal and committed.

While a mash-up of the of the two may not have seemed particularly likely, that's exactly what's happened. Called Poké-King-of-the-Mon-Hill, the video below brings a few of the major characters from each franchise together, transporting the Pokémon anime to the U.S. comedy show with some interesting results.

Check it out and let us know what you think.

[via kotaku.com]

mike_intv

mike_intv said:

I can't see Hank Hill with a Butterfree.
What is a Pokemon that shoots gas (since he sold propane).

Folkloner

Folkloner said:

Butterfree face reveal scarred me for life. Hank's reaction was completely appropriate.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Well that was intresting, Would have been better if they didn't go all outrageous and used King of the Hill's mundane humor. Also shouldn't Hank have like a dog pokemon becuase of ladybird and his whole disdai for apparently cutsey stuff like Butterfree.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@SheldonRandoms - "That Butterfree ain't right, I tell you what.

Best comment of the day.

I can't believe KotH actually lasted 13 years. I've been watching it recently as I only get about 5 channels and it's on 1 of them (Cartoon Network I guess).
This was pretty funny so maybe somebody will make a longer one.

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

King of the Hill used to be one of my favourite animated shows (my new one is Bob's Burgers, so great, highly recommend), and I love Pokemon... So, this is awesome.

Meaty-cheeky

Meaty-cheeky said:

Awesome King of the Hill is one of my all-time favorite TV shows.

I think if Hank Hill was a Pokémon trainer he would have a Growlithe, since he loves his dog Ladybird and that he also works for a propane company, so a fire type Pokémon would be a natural fit for Hank

RR529

RR529 said:

I will definitely check this out later. Love KotH, & have fond childhood memories of Pokémon.

Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice said:

I can immediately tell if I would like someone if they enjoy King of the Hill. Probably one of the most under appreciated comedy series of all time, and one of my favorite shows.

Big_Boy_Chubs

Big_Boy_Chubs said:

I love king of the hill... watched it all the time... there stupidity in the simplest of situations was hilarious.