Video: You've Got To Be Quick To Catch This Sonic Lost World Footage

Posted by Damien McFerran

The Blue Blur doesn't hang around

Today sees the release of Sonic Lost World, and if you've already checked out our review of the Wii U version you may be keen to see the title in motion before making a purchase. Rest easy — we can fix that for you.

Below you'll see three of the game's levels in motion, hopefully giving you a pretty decent impression of the robot-busting action which can be found within.

Have a watch and let us know your thoughts — will you be investing in Sonic's latest adventure?

CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths said:

Looks... clunky. And a little obnoxious. Then again, I've never actually played a 3D Sonic game, so what do I know.

Sir420

Sir420 said:

This looks like a beating. I would have played very similar to whoever was in this video. The frustration with getting that red ring at the beginning, getting damaged at the boss for dumb reasons... and I just can't stand how target locking enemies destroys momentum. I will give this a rental, but I doubt my opinion will change.

Eight-Bit-Yoshi

Eight-Bit-Yoshi said:

Dreadful voicing/character design of "boss" puts me off, vibrant colours draw me in. I'm confused lol.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Looks slower paced than Generations. (Don't like the popups either saying press A). Either that or deliberately played slower.

Red_XIII

Red_XIII said:

@CaviarMeths This game IS clunky. Sonic Generations HD, and colors to a lesser extent, are far less clunky than this. They are genuinely good games. This is very much a mixed bag.

CrabGats

CrabGats said:

I love the music in the last level shown. I wish it would arrive to the US sooner.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Looks sweet to me. All the naysayers I don't get it. The game got a 7. Since when was a 7 a bad thing. the 3ds version, on the other hand :P

hydeks

hydeks said:

I cant wait to buy this game! I'm having a hard time figuring out why this game isn't getting that great of reviews, especially from IGN :-(

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

I actually can't understand how come the gameplay looks so great and the players did not appear to have problems in playing this game, but yet the reviewer says it plays so badly...

DeathStarU

DeathStarU said:

Bought it played it for 3 hours straight and it's awesome don't know how it got such low scores.
For me it deserves at least an 80/100 average