Video: This Japanese Super Mario 3D World Trailer Is Six Minutes Of Pure Platforming Bliss

Posted by Damien McFerran

Update: An English language version has now surfaced

Update: There is now an English version of the trailer that features the phrase "cat's pyjamas". It can be found below the Japanese one. Enjoy!

Original Article:

The excitement level in the Nintendo Life office for Super Mario 3D World is reaching fever pitch, but this new Japanese trailer may well have pushed it to new heights.

What follows is six minutes of multiplayer platforming goodness, showing just how inventive and downright fun the game is likely to be. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Japanese trailer

English trailer

[via youtube.com]

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

i guess we all agree that the best thing about this game will be that you can play as toad, right? RIGHT???

Buduski

Buduski said:

Heeeeeelp!!! I'm throwing money at the screen but nothings happening!!!

ToniK

ToniK said:

So awesome. I just think the logo is funny. I don't know if they realise that many languages (i.g. my native tongue) actually use the letter "ö". Also with the tail in the end it almost looks like"wörlds" which sounds hilarious to me :D Just a stupid notice to lighten your day.

Volmun

Volmun said:

looking good im hopeing we can unlock awer Miiis to play as not to just be online ghostes (i asume thats what thay were)

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Looks as if the end part has been processed but the beginning part is just a 60fps version of 3d land. More interested in whether it is too easy which is what I expect.

Keep

Keep said:

they should have put peach last when they were going through the glass pipe O.o

boynerdrambling

boynerdrambling said:

Game is looking amazing. Can't beleive people avtually doubted nintendo on this one. Is it november yet?

waits for someone to complain its still not galaxey 3 or sunshine 2

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

It's so fun to look back at the first reveal and all the people that complained it was just a quick rehash of the 3DS game.

deusy

deusy said:

Game of the year, no doubts about it.

Seriously, this looks amazing. So many powerups and the levels are really creative. November, come now pls.

I really like the Miiverse stamps idea, I kind of want them to be a standard for all Wii U games now.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I think there's more power-ups in this game then in any Mario game before. Very exciting for sure. I think this game will easily be my favorite of the year and will definitely be a blast to play, both single and multi-player.

The shell looks like so much fun, and the Mega Mushroom in a 3D Mario game will be cool. It's also nice to see airship levels and even a giant level in this game too. November 22rd can't come soon enough!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

A month & a week away for me :D I simply can't wait! It's going to be amazingly awesome :D It just looks like ridiculously large amounts of fun!

Marshi

Marshi said:

If this dosnt sell wiiu's nothing will. Store MUST demo this game and I guarantee any doubters will be instantly converted. Ive said it before and il say it again. I may be getting a ps4 at launch but this is wiiu's xmas to me. I mean you have Mario 3d world, windwaker hd, pikmin 3, w101, wii fit u. Wii party u, just dance 2014, wii karaoke u, deus ex directors cut, assassins creed 4, batman arkham origins all but 1 of which isnt on ps4(ac4), If anyone is even remotely into gaming there is something for everyone. And I mean everyone,not just fps's and annual sports games.OH AND WII SPORTS U WITH ONLINE!

ScorpionMG

ScorpionMG said:

@Marshi Mario Bros U Sold 2.3 million in first 6 months.. without a demo
I think this could easily sell 4 million in 3 months :P

Cesco

Cesco said:

ROTFL! At 2:40 the level with mario transforming into a human cannon looks a lot like R-Type :-D You can even keep the fire button pressed to charge your shot as in the Irem shoot-em-up

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I am considering not watching this because I know the game will be great and don't want anything spoiled....

Technosphile

Technosphile said:

Crazy how much better this looks now than it did at E3.

If Nintendo knew what they were doing they would make a U bundle with this in time for Christmas.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Saying this game looks amazing is a huge under-statement. I had the chance to play it at the Best Buy E3 event and man, this looks 100 times better now. I can't wait till launch!

Norik

Norik said:

If you were to tell me a year ago that my most anticipated game would be a Mario game, I'd probably ask if Watch Dogs was delayed.

Shirma_Akayaku

Shirma_Akayaku said:

@6ch6ris6 Yes, Toad makes it better... but the best thing about this game is that you can play as Peach! (BTW, although I like Peach a bit better, Toad is SO CUTE! The cutest with the Cat Bell)

rjejr

rjejr said:

I'm not watching it, it's already my most wanted game this holiday - I'm not even sure what's 2nd - so it's all just spoilers from here on out. Oh, and I cant play it until Christmas as its for the family so I have another month to wait.

4 player games are the reason we have 2 kids. ;-)

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Super excited for this, buuut... world 2 is Desert World? Really? REALLY?

You heart it here first: it's followed up by a Water World!

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

My christmas = Mario 3D land and pkmn X :D hopefully rayman/scribblenauts/arkham also! / = or

mookysam

mookysam said:

So pretty. :-)

My opinion of this has changed greatly since the initial unveiling. I'm really looking forward to it.

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

Ugh looks like no nunchuk support. Guess it's Metroid Other M all over again.

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

Wonderful just wonderful! This game is like a combination of the best of the best in past 3D Mario Action games. The stages at the end! (Spoiler alert: THEY LOOK EPIC and nothing like we've seen on a Mario game before and I love that.) Yes, Nintendo EAD has done it again. What I'm most looking forward too is to hear the soundtrack of this game.

Spartacus3765

Spartacus3765 said:

I'm super intrigued by this game, and I'll admit, when it was first announced, it didn't do much for me. However, being that we're now just a month away from it dropping, other than getting these trailers, what's the deal with this game exactly? And no, I'm not meaning spoilers. Obviously we know it's 4-player, but is it online? What controllers does it require? Maybe we'll find out in the next few weeks I guess.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Still looks like it is nowhere near difficult enough. 3D Land to play it fast (Best way to play any Mario game with the run button held at top speed.) nearly all the difficult came from the low framerate. If this has a solid 60fps and really good controls it needs to be a lot harder than any of this looks. (Or totally changing every 15 - 30 seconds so it never gets boring).

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@FJOJR Dunno whether doing that is part of the plan (Like not supporting Gamecube controller to sell more wiimotes). Cannot imagine using a dpad for this would be very good.

Spartacus3765

Spartacus3765 said:

Disregard my comment, just watched the video (US version) - looks like online multiplayer is missed again. :-(

And also saw what controllers it supports. I sure hope that nunchuk support is added - I have a pro controller, but I know if I have friends over to play this, they're not going be cool with using just the Wiimote. This game begs for a joystick, not a D-pad. C'mon Nintendo...

Mainer82

Mainer82 said:

Wow, there's so much to this game! My wife and I will enjoy this. I'd love to see unlockable playable characters added to the next Mario game, I think that would add an interesting twist.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

I love that this is coming out around the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. 2 USA, with Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad playable (and with their own characteristics). Makes me wonder if Nintendo planned it that way, or they have some kind of "cycle" for bringing back certain game formulas.

I can't help but hope for a guest-starring spot from Wart, or at least some reference to him. ;)

NbaJunkie

NbaJunkie said:

my kids are going to freak out when we play.Its like all the mario games rolled into one! Im especially excited about the giant powerup..I almost wish there wasnt such a focus on competitive local multiplayer though.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

This game looks awesome!

One little thing though Nintendo NEEDS a new advertising group. That was incredibly uninspiring.

Spartacus3765

Spartacus3765 said:

@Radbot42

I could not agree with you more. @0:41 - "Move to the side....forward...and all around in a three dimensional world." Is that supposed excite people? This isn't 1997.

This is a HUGE problem I think more than the games themselves as far as I'm concerned with Nintendo. Their advertising is atrocious. How in the world are they shocked with low sales when they have things like this? Honestly, it's embarrassing seeing how incapable they are at promoting their own product! This game looks SPECTACULAR. Why in the world is it only known to the public if you look on online gaming publications? This should be put on commercials right now to get people thinking about the Wii U and the games it has for the holidays. I just don't get it.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@unrandomsam
I would think that easy difficulty wouldn't be a priority, since that's what the gold leaf is for. If people can't get through a stage they can use that invincible raccoon suit. 3D Land was a tad easy, until the later stages. That final boss was brutal for a Mario game.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@Blastoise-san
Doubt it. One game, nomatter how good, isn't going to change a console's fortunes. The bright side is, it is yet one more great game added to the library. Wii U just needs time, and for the games to keep on coming.

Neram

Neram said:

This game is looking better every time they release a new trailer. As if it didn't already look amazing, I can't wait for this game!

CyberNature

CyberNature said:

So what happens when one of the clones take damage? Does it disappear? Is there a "main" clone that has to stay alive no matter what, or are they all equal? I wonder...

Gioku

Gioku said:

At this point, I'm not really concerned about difficulty with Mario anymore. I just want Mario games to be really fun, and this game looks like just that: really, really fun. I really hope I can get this game (along with a Wii U) for Christmas!

luckybreak

luckybreak said:

Looks like so much fun! For some reason riding that ice skate looks like that best thing ever made! Haha.

They should have just skipped the crap in the beginning and showed the highlight reel at the end.

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

Nintendo, I already GAVE you my money when I placed my preorder yesterday...NOW SEND ME THE GAME! I NEED THIS!!

RedDevilAde

RedDevilAde said:

It's amazing how good this looks now compared to how boring it looked when unveiled. They did the same thing to me with NSMBU

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

@Keep I noticed that, too. It's funny how Mario takes a look up her dress and then immediately looks away with a shocked look on his face. Who would've thought we'd ever see sexual innuendo in a Mario game? Then again, these are the Japanese we're talking about.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

I cannot grasp the true form of this game! It's just beautiful! Boy, I can't wait!

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

From the first reveal that disappointed many I knew that my family and I would be loving this game, but this is starting to look like a Mario game milestone.

This could be where Galaxy meets NSMB. What I mean is the critical success of the 3D Mario games with the sales of the NSMB games. It's really too bad the installed base of the Wii U is so low and that this one will have to help grow it rather than be bring numbers to brag about right away. Still, if it's as good as it looks it will be an evergreen game.

What I'm really hopeful for is that the wider area to play in on the stages makes the 4 player work better than the NSMB games. NSMB U had very poor multiplayer as the stages just weren't designed for it at all (a second person on the GamePad is actually better than I thought it would be, though).

ElDelEl

ElDelEl said:

I'm gonna go adopt some impoverished kids just so I have a faux family to play this with every night :-). Wow, this looks more amazing each time I see it! I still can't figure out why Nintendo showed so little of all this splendor at E3 (which was crushingly disappointing for me and other folks looking for a reason to buy a WiiU), but I don't think anybody cares at this point — I believe we finally have the system's killer app. Absolutely bursting with creativity and innovation, perhaps more so than even the incredible Galaxy!