Video: New Wii Party U Trailer Serves Up a Celebrity

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Andre Agassi's got "mad skillz" (alright, we added the z)

Wii Party U arrives in stores on 25th October — at the time of writing it's not appeared on the eShop — and Nintendo will naturally push it as the game of choice for families interested in a Wii U. With hardware and Wii MotionPlus software bundles, it's likely to be targeted as a consistent seller from launch through the Holiday season.

To gear up for release Nintendo has lined up a new trailer, and once again we have a celebrity to emphasize why we should all be getting in on the party. This time around it's retired tennis player Andre Agassi, with a brief cameo from fellow retired tennis champion and wife Steffi Graf. It shows off plenty of footage and a variety of mini-games, so should be pretty useful to those on the fence.

You can see what we thought in our Wii Party U review, of course, and let us know what you think of the trailer below.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Agassi is under-utilized, he's no different than everybody else they put in their commercials. The guy did a bunch of Canon commercials and he always had a presence. they should have at least given his Mii long blonde hair or something. "Image is everything"

I don't see how they can release this on the eShop when it's packaged for $50 w/ a $40 Wiimote+ and a Gamepad stand. They'ld have to sell it for $10, but then nobody would buy the retail package for $50. It's lose-lose.

If I needed another Wimote+ we would buy this, but we just don't play those board games.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure he said mad skillz w/ the z, you cant say mad skillz in relation to video games without the z.

Mask0Gears

Mask0Gears said:

I thought they were going to step on the game pad. I was like "WATCH OUT FOR IT!!!!"

Park_Triolo

Park_Triolo said:

This commercial was actually pretty ok and funny. I also think that Wii Party U is a great game for the whole family or if you invite friends over... Go Ninty... This Xmas will be phenomenal.

element187

element187 said:

I don't care what anyone says.. Retired or not Andre Agassi is still a pimp, confirmed.

element187

element187 said:

@Mrclaycoat I got the same problem... My wife will play sometimes, but the game has to be really appealing. I think Mario Sonic winter games will do it, because she is crazy about figure skating