Ubisoft released a patch for Splinter Cell: Blacklist last month that fixed a few small problems some players were encountering, including the timer issue the progress bar was having in the daily challenges and a couple of animation glitches.
It has now followed up that update with a new one that will tweak the game a little further to iron out the remaining niggles. It's fair to say the majority of the fixes are pretty minor but it's nice to see the Paris-based company make the improvements.
This patch addresses some small bugs in the single player campaign, the co-op missions and the Spies vs Mercs multiplayer mode.
Details of all the fixes are below, as detailed on the game's official website:
- Fix a few remaining random crashes
- Fix an issue causing the "Rename Loadout" menu to be displayed for the user instead of the "Record Sound" menu if the user follows some certain steps.
- Fix an issue that prevented the user from continuing the game after Kobin’s map if the player didn’t have enough money to upgrade Paladin.
- Fix an issue that made the Nouri mission fail if the player is using the tri-rotor to stun NPCs.
- Fix an issue that could cause the reinforcement not to make it into the vault when downloading the USB key.
- Fix a walkthrough break in COOP/Abandoned City mission where the player would not be able to move further in the mission even though they cleared the area.
- Fixed one spot in Lebanese Hospital map where spies were unable to perform a CQC kill from cover
Spies vs Mercs
- Money and experience are now automatically saved when the game ends due to host migration
- The host’s team is no longer guaranteed to play as Mercs first. The team will be randomly chosen to start as either Spies or Mercs.
- Removed Exit Match option during mid-match menus and halftime report.
- Made maps-specific changes to prevent spawn-killing in general and spawn-killing by drones specifically.
- Fixing issue where the client of a map will fall through the map on a specific condition
- Fix a few remaining tracking issues (invisible for the user)
- Fix an issue where the spy doesn’t have a kill prompt when the Merc is crouch against this desk.
- Fix an issue that could cause the character to spawn with no weapon and without being able to shoot in certain conditions.
- Fix an abuse that allowed spy to shoot with a 2 hands weapon while being in shimmy.
- Fixed bug that caused Sticky Cam damage to deal far too much damage. The Stick Cam damage is now fairly balanced compared to the other gadgets.
- Fixed bug where Mercs would sometimes reload automatically for no reason
- Fixed one spot in Mine map where Mercs could get stuck after performing a CQC kill
- Fixed bug where hack reset timer was sometimes not shown in the kill cam
- Fix an issue that could cause the user to remain in a black screen while accessing AAR from lobby.
- Preventing an abuse in Virus Vault where the spy can access a specific zipline from a cover.
- Fix an issue that caused a merc to be able to spawn kill the spies in the base camps with drone.
- Fix an issue preventing the player to take cover on the wooden board at the entrance of the Garage on the Cartel Map.
So there you have it. Have you been experiencing these issues while playing? Let us know how you're finding Splinter Cell: Blacklist in the comment section below.