Splinter Cell: Blacklist Receives A Fresh Patch

Posted by Andy Green

A few more issues are now fixed

Ubisoft released a patch for Splinter Cell: Blacklist last month that fixed a few small problems some players were encountering, including the timer issue the progress bar was having in the daily challenges and a couple of animation glitches.

It has now followed up that update with a new one that will tweak the game a little further to iron out the remaining niggles. It's fair to say the majority of the fixes are pretty minor but it's nice to see the Paris-based company make the improvements.

This patch addresses some small bugs in the single player campaign, the co-op missions and the Spies vs Mercs multiplayer mode.

Details of all the fixes are below, as detailed on the game's official website:

General

• Fix a few remaining random crashes
  • Fix an issue causing the "Rename Loadout" menu to be displayed for the user instead of the "Record Sound" menu if the user follows some certain steps.

Single Player

• Fix an issue that prevented the user from continuing the game after Kobin’s map if the player didn’t have enough money to upgrade Paladin.
  • Fix an issue that made the Nouri mission fail if the player is using the tri-rotor to stun NPCs.
  • Fix an issue that could cause the reinforcement not to make it into the vault when downloading the USB key.

Co-op

• Fix a walkthrough break in COOP/Abandoned City mission where the player would not be able to move further in the mission even though they cleared the area.
  • Fixed one spot in Lebanese Hospital map where spies were unable to perform a CQC kill from cover

Spies vs Mercs

• Money and experience are now automatically saved when the game ends due to host migration
  • The host’s team is no longer guaranteed to play as Mercs first. The team will be randomly chosen to start as either Spies or Mercs.
  • Removed Exit Match option during mid-match menus and halftime report.
  • Made maps-specific changes to prevent spawn-killing in general and spawn-killing by drones specifically.
  • Fixing issue where the client of a map will fall through the map on a specific condition
  • Fix a few remaining tracking issues (invisible for the user)
  • Fix an issue where the spy doesn’t have a kill prompt when the Merc is crouch against this desk.
  • Fix an issue that could cause the character to spawn with no weapon and without being able to shoot in certain conditions.
  • Fix an abuse that allowed spy to shoot with a 2 hands weapon while being in shimmy.
  • Fixed bug that caused Sticky Cam damage to deal far too much damage. The Stick Cam damage is now fairly balanced compared to the other gadgets.
  • Fixed bug where Mercs would sometimes reload automatically for no reason
  • Fixed one spot in Mine map where Mercs could get stuck after performing a CQC kill
  • Fixed bug where hack reset timer was sometimes not shown in the kill cam
  • Fix an issue that could cause the user to remain in a black screen while accessing AAR from lobby.
  • Preventing an abuse in Virus Vault where the spy can access a specific zipline from a cover.
  • Fix an issue that caused a merc to be able to spawn kill the spies in the base camps with drone.
  • Fix an issue preventing the player to take cover on the wooden board at the entrance of the Garage on the Cartel Map.

So there you have it. Have you been experiencing these issues while playing? Let us know how you're finding Splinter Cell: Blacklist in the comment section below.

[via splintercell.ubi.com]

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

One of the best games I've played this year. Brilliant. I loved being able to decide what way I wanted to complete each mission. Tense, magnificent, fluid gameplay with an interesting plot. 9/10.

Diz93

Diz93 said:

@SkywardCrowbar Agreed. Anyone looking for a new game should definitely consider this. By far one of the best games I've played in a long time for both single player and multiplayer

Mainer82

Mainer82 said:

I'm looking at picking this up this week for the Wii U... I like the different ways the game takes advantage of the controller.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Updating! This is the boring part of our gains in technology...
Also I "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" quite loud when I read "Co-Op"...

mudmask

mudmask said:

It's been hard to find people to play with... is it cross-platform or just wwi u to wii u?

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

Interesting... This, coupled with the price drop and the delay of watch_dogs... might push me over the edge...

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

And people believe Ubisoft when they way they care about quality if they ever did even a tiny amount then this situation would never have happened.

Superstick

Superstick said:

This game has always looked interesting to me! :D Too bad I'm not old enough to buy it by myself! :P Time to go get mom now... I guess. XD

Dr_42o

Dr_42o said:

Those issues don't matter as much as the not being able to join game sessions problem..

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Such a fantastic Wii U game. Loved every minute of it, and look forward to jumping back in next year (bogged down with so many games I haven't even unwrapped yet) to play the co-op missions.

Subie98

Subie98 said:

@mudmask I cant even find anyone to play any sort of multiplayer.

On another note, loved the game. Never really experienced any of those issues.

Cohort

Cohort said:

The game is good but the quality of the port isn't, apart from Rayman Legends I've been pretty disappointed with Ubisoft,

PattonFiend

PattonFiend said:

You people obviously haven't played multiplayer, the sole reason I bought this game, and which is also broken all to hell... Love this game and it's broken, console-freezing online!

CaPPa

CaPPa said:

Great to hear that Ubisoft are continuing to fix issues in the game.

I haven't had any issues myself, both single player and co-op work perfectly for me.

willobee

willobee said:

@unrandomsam Today's games are incredibly complex, beyond what hours of testing can account for. There is only so much Ubisoft can do in that regard, especially when they are making games on multiple consoles. You know what shows they care about quality? They took the time and effort to patch the game, despite it selling horrendously.

Laxeybobby

Laxeybobby said:

All those fixes are ok, but the main issue for this game was its inability to match players together that are waiting to play any online mode. The only way it is guaranteed is inviting friends into your lobby. Otherwise you can sit for hours whilst the game say 'Searching for players' knowing via MiiVerse that numerous other players are all sat waiting as well.
This game should have had an online player counter (like in BOps2) to show players how many people are online, right now it feels like you alone in an online void.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

One of the best on Wii U,will probably try a game of Spies V Mercs to see if it's improved.
Nice to see their updating the game even if it hasn't met sales targets

shuis

shuis said:

@SkywardCrowbar I could not agree more! I have really enjoyed this game. My only complaint would be the long loading times and occasional loading time crashes.