Snow Moto Racing 3D Slides Onto the 3DS eShop in North America on 17th October

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Keeping it cool

Not so long ago Zordix AB released Aqua Moto Racing 3D on the 3DS eShop, a title with some flaws — some of the technical issues were tackled in a subsequent update — that nevertheless tried to serve up fun racing which may have prompted some to reminisce over Wave Race. Of course the Moto Racing franchise is an established series in its own right, especially on smartphones.

Zordix has confirmed that the next entry for 3DS will take the action into the Winter season with Snow Moto Racing 3D, which will arrive in North America this week on 17th October. Like its water-based equivalent it'll feature plenty of tournaments (12 in this case), a high number of courses, stunts and a substantial Download Play multiplayer option.

We'll see how it fares soon, but in the meantime you can check out the trailer below. Are you interested in picking this up?

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

Looks extremely similar to aqua moto racing. Too similar to justify buying this when I already have aqua moto.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I almost would want to, but the trailer kinda chugs so I may want to wait for a review/inevitable stability update.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

i think the visual are disappointing but if the game is fun then i can live with not so great visuals.

reminds me of sletstorm for psx^^ that was a cool game

Nintex

Nintex said:

wwhat? I loved the Aqua Moto Racing title( As I'm a huge fan of Waverace), now I'm even more excited for this snowmobile game! I think these games are good clean fun and they both remind me of the N64 era racing titles. They might not be fun for most people but I say bring em on! Perhaps a Dirtbike Moto Racing game exists...

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

Aww, for a second I thought it would be like Twisted Edge or 1080º, not Moto Racing. :(

DavidH

DavidH said:

Any idea of the EU release date please.
Maybe this time around the US will get the ropey version and EU will get the better updated one.

TheRealThanos

TheRealThanos said:

It looks okay-ish (also taking into account that it's 'only' an eShop title) but in general I find it very disconcerting that many third party developers today still can't seem to get the 'feel' of snow right, like Nintendo already did with 1080 on the N64. In this game the environment simply looks like white hills and mountains instead of actual snow and ice and it's fully interchangeable with a desert setting by simply changing the colors. Then they only need to change the snow mobiles to quads and voilà; another racing game.
Same goes for their jet ski racing game. The water animation sucks and I quite honestly find it insulting to name it in the same breath as Waverace. Nowadays, the water effects of Waverace N64 are of course outdated, but within the frame of the game itself and compared to other titles from that time it still holds up quite well and it's still a lot of fun to play.
It should be quite easy to copy these kinds of effects to a 3DS, seeing as it's more than capable of displaying N64 like graphics, so actually the effects of snow and water should even look quite a bit better on 3DS and It's puzzling to me that it doesn't, because I would expect additional effects, rather than less...

Kirk

Kirk said:

With the 3DS being pretty close to the GC in terms of graphical power, based on games like Luigi's Mansion 2 and Resident Evil Revelations, it's just very hard to appreciate Playstation One level graphics on the system.