Resident Evil Revelations And Mercenaries Are Half Price On The eShop Over Halloween

Posted by Andy Green

A nice treat for North American Wii U and 3DS owners

It's that time of year again where people dress as werewolves and other spooky monsters, carve scary faces into pumpkins and dish out candy on Animal Crossing.

Yes, it's Halloween and there are plenty of frightful franchises out there to get stuck into over the season, with Resident Evil being one that springs to mind as instantaneously as a well hidden zombie in a disused cupboard.

To celebrate this year's festivities, Capcom has decided to offer Nintendo players in North America a large discount on some of its titles, namely Resident Evil Revelations on Wii U and 3DS and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D on 3DS.

The HD adaptation of Resident Evil Revelations on Wii U will be $19.99, while the 3DS version will be just $9.99 over the period. Meanwhile Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D will also be $9.99.

It's not overtly clear when this offer will meet its gruesome end so if you've not yet picked up any of these games, now's your chance. It's not known if this deal will make it to Europe, but we'll be sure to update you if it does.

Will this heavy discount tempt you into downloading any? Just don't play alone with the lights off. You've been warned!

[via capcom-unity.com, twitter.com]

Related Games

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

Ohhh... If I hadn't spend my $10 and gotten a bigger SD card. I would be SOOOOOOO over this.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Wow cool, already have it for 3DS, but I think I'll snag Revelations for Wii U for only $20! Mercenaries for $10 is also tempting. EDIT: Also great to see Capcom bringing the eShop deals on a regular basis!

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

I needa eShop card quick! (for Mercenaries)
Edit: BTW people who never picked up Revelations should get it!!!

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Yes! Now I can justify buying a digital copy of RE:R so I can have it with me all the time! I'm sure I can get at least ten bucks for my physical copy. Wicked deal.

DeathlyDarkness

DeathlyDarkness said:

CRAP! Here's my dilemma. I have $10.00, but not enough room on my SD card for Revelations. Ah well, I'll just get Mercenaries.

Thanks to Capcom for this!

By the way, this lasts until October 31st.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

@WinterWarm Is there nothing you can delete, at least temporarily until you get another card? The save data back up feature is so useful in this regard - it means I should be able to download it as well! (Should it come to Europe that is :/ )

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Already have Mercs (got it a while back so not bitter about the sale) and Revelations is too tempting at that price! Ideally, I would get it on Wii U, but I doubt I'd be able to muster up £20 in time. Still, £10 is a steal!
Assuming it Comes to Europe of course, CAPCOM.

Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh said:

If it comes to Europe I know of someone who will be rushing to the nearest dept. store to replace the 2GB original 3DS SD card just for this. Man, glad Ninty didn't go proprietary format like Vita. The price of those cards!
As I understand Mercenaries is just that mode from Resident evil 4 expanded into a full game? If so, awesome stuff.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Sweet, this may be my first Retail download on the Wii U. I was waiting to pick this up physically for $30, but $20 digitally is too good to pass up.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Now I can get Revelations and keep my Revelaitons copy sealed for all eternity. Since this barely fits in my XL card, I think I will get it, delete it, get a new SD card and download it again.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

I'm actually tempted.... maybe I should download and play that demo again.

Moorpheel

Moorpheel said:

Awesomely low price for the Revelations game!
It's a great game, so I'd recommend it.

eduardopaulo

eduardopaulo said:

The money I'll save buying Revelations for the 3DS will be spent on a bigger SD card. Oh, the irony...

Olmectron

Olmectron said:

I just got RE: Revelations for 3DS because of the discount, however, my card now is only 4500 blocks left (because of those 26,000 biohazard blocks), I think I must get another card since Zelda A Link Between Worlds is coming soon, as well as Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate, which is out tomorrow.

And my card is a 32 GB one, when did it get so full? The reason may be due to all those retail games downloads I've gotten since I got my 3DS... I'm glad it endured so many games already.

By the way, does anyone know if my Pokémon X & Y (digital versions) saves will still work after translating everything over to a 64 GB card?

Ryno

Ryno said:

Looks like I know what my first retail download title for my Wii U is going to be!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I have over 100k in memory left but even I'm Leary of putting over 24k on my card. Still would be nice to have RE:R with me at all times!

WesCash

WesCash said:

Wow, those are insane prices for the 3DS versions. Too bad I already own both in physical form. These types of sales are definitely something I hope to see more of in the future. Although I'm still waiting for Nintendo to implement an account based system. Anytime now, surely...

Gold

Gold said:

I probably won't get another 20$ card, but how many blocks in Mercinaries?

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Olmectron Everything should transfer over nicely! I'm thinking of upgrading my 32gig as well but I'm still not 100% sure 64 gigs will work with out a work around!

SchamMan89

SchamMan89 said:

If I have Revelations on the 3DS, is there any reason to get it on the Wii U? Is there split screen Raid mode?

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

Ok, Capcom, very nice play. $20 for WiiU is a steal. Plus with digital deluxe promotion we get 200 points back :) I'm sold!

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

@SchamMan89 I don't see any feature listing on eShop page for "local co-op" play. Though it does support both gamepad and pro controller, so I'm not sure.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

Heck, I got it for $15 thanks the Deluxe Digital Promo. I HIGHLY suggest getting at least one of these games.

snoox

snoox said:

Oof! I just bought RE on 3DS like a few days ago for $20. I hate when that happens!! Ah well, RE is GREAT, perfect for Halloween (ZombiU is a bit intense for me). Once u get accustomed to the controls it's sublime.... just keep turning, strafing, & quick turning till it's automatic ^.^

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@MERG Yeah 100% arcade action. Its best enjoyed with someone local or online though! No note worthy story either. Still a good game.

RR529

RR529 said:

Sounds great! Unfortunately, I don't have quite enough money, and I only 2 2GB cards (both of which are pretty full).

Oh well.

kenzo

kenzo said:

Resident Evil Mercenaries is the game I play most on the 3dsXL.

Its easy to play, but difficult to play really well. I suggest its really good for training your brain in making quick decisions (and dealing with anxiety issues).

In Australia, retailers are practically giving the game away. I bought a few used boxed ones for only $4, and some were actually Brand New. Doh.

People must give up in boredom or desperation with this game before they get to the really fun bits. It all starts from Level 4 onwards. So hang in there.

Another fun mod is to spend $5 on a pair of 4 diopter reading glasses, and play it wearing those. It brings the screen up close and the 3D slider can be set lower for comfort. The effect is really good with Mercs.

So, buy it !

luckybreak

luckybreak said:

For people who have played it:

RE Revelations on WII U or 3DS?

I kinda want to go for the cheaper one but want somebody's opinion

russellohh

russellohh said:

I beat Revelations twice on 3DS and vowed never again. (I really couldn't stand Keith, or one of the battles in the headquarters). But for $9, ah well :-P

Alpha2797

Alpha2797 said:

I want to download RE: MERCS. I have a retail copy and want to transfer my save file to the download version so that I can always have it with me. However, will I be able to transfer the save file because the save file cannot be deleted from the retail version and I am worried that I will not be able to transfer it over. I must know before I re-purchase it digitally.

DeathlyDarkness

DeathlyDarkness said:

@McFox

If ya do, wanna do co-op? I'm getting Mercenaries on Saturday.

@luckybreak

I haven't played the WiiU version however it did score lower in the reviews. Put that with the 3DS' mobility and that it's half the price. 3DS seems like the logical choice.

Uberchu

Uberchu said:

Sweet! Might buy one or both of the 3DS games if the sales really that good, not sure about the Wii U one.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

I've never played a Resident Evil game before, but I'm really tempted to download Revelations on the 3DS. Is it worth it to take a dip?

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

I'm downloading Revelations on Wii U right now... I'm pretty tempted to buy The Mercenaries 3D, too.

Alot of the complaints were that it(The Mercenaries) was a side game usually available in the main series for $40 when it first came out. Since it's $10, I don't see how you can really go wrong unless you don't like RE and/or the mercenary mode.

The graphics are good across both versions and games, IMO. I recommend the Wii U version of Revelations, BTW. HD, surround sound, GamePad, dual sticks(CPP pro on 3DS), and Miiverse for $10 more is enough for me to pay extra for the Wii U version.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

Pfft $9.99 for Revelations, Europe better follow suit as I would love to it have this game on the go. Make it happen Nintendo oh and Nintendo you may want to consider having a price reduction on your games as well and I may actually download them....

EaZy_T

EaZy_T said:

I saw RE:R on sale in the 3DS eShop and snatched it up quick.
Then I saw it on sale in the Wii U eShop and thought "dang, wish I had checked here first..." and snatched it up after deleting all the demos from my system to make enough room for that monsterous download size.

I excused my hasty mistake by reminding myself that both copies together cost less than the 3DS version when it was first released.

Noend

Noend said:

Beat and sold mercs but for 9.99 I might buy to have digitally forever. Did it have download local play? I might have to get two!

Desy64

Desy64 said:

Why not in Europe this discount? I don't get these differences between regions...Anyway, it's around 20£ on Amazon, but I'd rather have it on my HDD. C'mon Nintendo make some discounts, will ya?

gspro15198

gspro15198 said:

I hope this is discounted on the european eshop. I already have it for the 3DS but if it's reduced I'll get it for the Wii U.

Jared1984

Jared1984 said:

Downloading Revelations on psn right now. Kind of wish I heard about this four hours ago.

McGruber

McGruber said:

This is the best deal yet on the eShop! I have a phys copy of RE Revelations and it's one of the best games on 3DS, especially when graphics are concerned. Don't be put off by supposedly slow nature of the game either, because it is actually very action heavy with tons of weapons and upgrades, and fun online multiplayer. I think I will finally get Mercenaries now that it is at the RIGHT price too! Yay for Halloween : )

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

@Aqueous Well if you do decide to go with getting it, just know that you got someone ready to do multiplayer with. ;)

This is quite a steal . I wasn't going to double dip for revelations on Wii U, but for that price, I may just have to. Only thing is that I like the multiplayer more than the actual game (the story got a bit to intense at times going solo, but I still did it all the way through). Time to go through the ship once more I suppose... 'Gulp'

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

I guess this is another sign that I should get RE: The Mercenaries 3D as a download. I lost my first copy 2 years ago and my second one been mia for a few months. It's one of the few co-op games I have that my gf can play and be useful at the same time.

I may download Revelation on the WiiU since I never played it.

FishieFish

FishieFish said:

Amazing deal on Revelations.
Although I got a physical copy for €17, and the file size is massive.

darklinkinfinite

darklinkinfinite said:

Frys currently has Revelations for Wii u for $30. I nearly bought it at that price but I already have it on 3DS and it didn't get much new added. If Capcom allowed you to swap saved games like they did with Monster Hunter I totally would've jumped on it.

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

I tried to buy Revelations and since I didn't have enough space it wouldn't even let me purchase it AFTER I had charged the amount I needed with my debit card. This is exactly what I hate about Nintendo's online practices, looks like I'm picking up a new card tomorrow and I'll pick up Mercenaries as well, I might just wait on Sonic Lost World.