Reggie Fils-Aime To Tour North American Cities to Play Wii U and 3DS Titles With the Public

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Twitter takeover included various gaming questions and, um, twerking

In case you weren't eagerly poring over Twitter recently, it may interest you that there was an account takeover by Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime, reacting to the fact that #askReggie had apparently been trending on the social network. Over the space of an hour the self-proclaimed Regginator answered some questions, had a bit of a laugh and announced that he's preparing a tour around cities in the region to play major Wii U and 3DS games with the great gaming public.

In terms of the actual announcement, Fils-Aime advises gamers to keep their eyes on NoA's Twitter and Facebook accounts for details.

Below are a few of our favourites of the other tweets in this Q & A section, including a rather peculiar one that mentions twerking; we can't decide whether it's funny or awkward — check out the link at the end of the article to see them all.

[via twitter.com]

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

I hope that Princess Daisy and I get to show him how karting is done.

Kirbybrawl

Kirbybrawl said:

Someone tweeted the amount of hours they were playing mario 3d land in a response to reggies animal crossing photo. More than 8000 hours :0

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Glad to hear Nintendo is doing some tours in the US as opposed to the UK & Japan all the time for a change. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

Maybe he'll come to the sprawling metropolis that is Fuquay-Varina! Oh who am I kidding, why would anyone ever come here :'(

Neram

Neram said:

This article's caption photo might be the greatest picture of Reggie I have ever seen.

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

A tour through America?
Will his body be ready?
I know, i know, but no one said this yet...

2Sang

2Sang said:

Please come to Albany! I think this is a great idea. It's cheap, creates hype, and connects nintendo with their fans.

Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh said:

@Guitardude7 Doing business as usual?! Fils-Aimée is nothing more than your ordinary salesman, magnified to hyperbolic levels by the powers of the Internet. He has no word on the company products.

NbaJunkie

NbaJunkie said:

I completely agree. No affect what's so ever on Nintendos bottom line. I don't understand everyone's passion towards this man

Guitardude7

Guitardude7 said:

@Samurai_Goroh I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying. He's the person who successfully marketed Nintendo in the US. Without him, Nintendo wouldn't appear as this friendly, open company that values their fans. Is this business as usual? Well yes. Does he have any input on products? No. Is he this God that the internet makes him out to be? of Course not. But what he IS is an important figurehead that keeps people talking about Nintendo. He's a salesman but he's a DAMN GOOD salesman. That's what I mean in my previous comment.

D3athBr1ng3r187

D3athBr1ng3r187 said:

Why does people makes him likes he's god or something. Yes he's a good businessman but as much as the other businessmen/women that work hard in other businesses good or bad what makes him any different than the rest?

TheAdrock

TheAdrock said:

And not a single Wii U will be sold as a result.
How about taking his salary and spend it instead on new game development or porting a popular GC or Wii title into HD... you know, do something that will actually sell consoles?

SubZer023

SubZer023 said:

My Man reggie! its been a while siince ive seen a ND from you bro, hope you come to Austin XD

PrincessSugoi

PrincessSugoi said:

Yo Regg, why don't you stop by G-boro for a bit. :D

Regardless of your feelings about Reggie, this is good news. Putting a device in someone's hand is the strongest form of advertising you can have.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

I hope he comes to some area of Western New York, be it Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse. If so, I'm going.

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

I would inquire as to how he allowed Nintendo of America to become a 4th tier branch after Japan, Europe, and Australia.

Great_Gonzalez

Great_Gonzalez said:

I had over 150 hours on my animal crossing then my sd card corruptd on me and left me devastated :( i started again hough and had to make about 10 new towns before i got rasher back couldn't live without tht guy! Snd i vow to never buy a downloadale game ever again if there's a phyical choice anyway! Got sucked into the convenience of having AC always on my system well it's not worth the risk!

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

I should ask Reggie why he LIED when we asked for the white 3DS; he said there was no room on store shelves for any other colors besides red and blue... (actually another excuse) but them releases more colors when people slowed buying their present ones...IOW they just wanted to push for more sales...

DanMan82

DanMan82 said:

I hope Reggie comes to my city but I doubt it. :'(

Glad to see that most of the people are stoked on here for him doing this. At least it's better than if he were to sit at his desk twiddling his thumbs doing nothing. I really like this idea of bringing games to the "average joe" like they did with E3 this year. It certainly won't hurt. But you can't please everybody and you know what they say:

Untitled

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

"What Nintendo #3DS game do I play the most? #ACNL - 300 hours as of right now. How about you?"

It's funny; I've just clocked over 315 hours into Monster Hunter.

mudmask

mudmask said:

I was wondering why there hasn't been a lot of Reggie news, lately.... apparently he's been readying his body for this big adventure.

PS4

PS4 said:

only 350 in AC:NL? I have OVER 750 HRS IN AC:NL and that was just summer playtimes for it... lol

HopeNForever

HopeNForever said:

The jealousy of resident North American Nintendo fans having their own local celebs! That is, when the Japanese celebs are back at home, they still have someone, and his body's always ready!