Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies Demo Is Available Now On The 3DS eShop

Posted by Damien McFerran

No objections from us

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies is one of our most anticipated 3DS eShop titles, and it was confirmed during today's Nintendo Direct broadcast that a demo is going live in both North America and Europe.

The demo went live at the conclusion of the broadcast — which means it's available as we speak.

Let us know if you've downloaded it and what you think of the next entry in Capcom's courtroom series by leaving a comment below.

Blast

Blast said:

starts crying tears of joy YAYY!!! I keep checking Eshop... I don't see the demo yet. I prolly gotta wait until 12 at noon.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Demos are good. Announcing demo's during a ND that are available right after it are very good.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

Nice! I'll visit the eShop in a bit to get the demo. I'll be using that $30 gift from the SMTIV and Fire Emblem deal for this game. It's kind of a bummer that it doesn't have a physical release, but something is better than nothing!

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Cool. Will download this weekend. I know a guy who is obsessed with the series. He'll love this.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I'll be skipping the demo. For me, PW games are all about the story, so I don't need a demo, and quite frankly don't want anything spoiled.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Spoilers for Phoenix Wright? No thanks? I'm already being scammed into buying this digital only release because I love Phoenix Wright too much.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Skipping this demo. That is unless Capcom decides to release a physical from of this in NA.

Bali

Bali said:

@Peach64 It doesn't really spiol anything, only...
SPOILERS!!!

That there was a time bomb exploding in the courtroom.

idork99

idork99 said:

Just finished the demo...great visuals, funny writing, and a great intro to the controls and items. This one is on my list.

hypercoyote

hypercoyote said:

Since it's not a physical release, I'll probably be holding off on this for a while, probably until there's a discount. But definitely glad and excited this game was brought to the US.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Still with the "scam" comments, huh? You still have to pay $30 regardless of whether its retail or digital. Its a scam because you don't get yet another plastic box?

And there is nothing really spoiled by the demo. Nothing that you wouldn't see in the first minute of playing the actual game anyway. The person who blew up the courtroom is revealed during the intro. Other than that, the demo doesn't give anything away that we don't already know.

LeVideoGamer

LeVideoGamer said:

Phoenix's voice is great, I gotta say. Don't care whether it's physical or digital anymore. I need this game once I buy a 3DS.

ClockworkMario

ClockworkMario said:

Just finished the demo and had a great time. Once again top notch writing, epic music and good graphics. The only oddity was that new characters cheesy intro. I hope they'll develop her character more in the final game,

And about digital only release: just get over it. It's the same game anyway. They're selling it at a very low price, so atleast that shouldn't be a problem.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

You don't have to pay for the demo, TBB. And all demos are download only.

So, with both of your main objections to playing the full release nullified for the demo version, what other reason do you have left?

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@Bass_X0: It's a demo for a game I am not purchasing, so why bother? I've answered the question the article asked, and again, Capcom knows my reasoning — I've certainly been vocal about it enough over the past few months.

pariah164

pariah164 said:

Loved the demo! Will more than likely buy the game, even though I have little to no love for Capcom these days.

Fillytase

Fillytase said:

I'm still bitter over Capcom's treatment of this game, but I have to admit I am pretty hyped now that I've played the demo... even though I want them to put Maya back in the game .-.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I don't really need to try out the demo, gonna get this game as soon as it comes out to the eshop. I might as well download it though.

Justaguest

Justaguest said:

Loved the demo and regret not playing previous AA games. Cant wait for this to come out. There are so many good games comming to 3ds soon. Not just good.. amazing. Ill have to save up a bit.

Fillytase

Fillytase said:

@Justaguest Ah, you really should consider playing the others first! >.< It's an ongoing story, and you'll spoil the events of the previous games if you play DD first... :x

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Its not really the same. You have to really feel the importancy of making the decisions yourself and working out the puzzles and correct evidence to use to get the full Phoenix Wright experience.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Not downloading, will wait for the full game and download that instead. The demo may not spoil much, but I don't want ANYTHING spoilt.

Still disappointed there's no physical release, but a digi release is better than none. I won't stubbornly cut off my nose to spite my face and miss out on the latest Phoenix Wright game over it.

Pixel-Perfect

Pixel-Perfect said:

After about ten minutes of the demo I decided to throw all my money at Capcom. But I'm not a fan of Phoenix's VA... the one in my head is better.

BigDaddysPizza

BigDaddysPizza said:

This is sweetness... this game is gonna be fantastic.
The voice actors aren't great, but everything else is. The game won't be so easy, don't worry, guys....