New Video Content in the Pipeline for 3DS's Nintendo Video Service in North America
Posted by Martin Watts
The Legend of Zelda and Pikmin to headline new line-up
Nintendo of America has announced a brand new line-up of new video content for its Nintendo Video service.
Starting 1st November, the free video application will start showing new short-form videos, with more content coming all the way into 2014. Five new series have been planned, with content based on The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3 being the main attractions.
Below is a breakdown of the content that's due to feature over the coming months:
- The Legend of Zelda: The Misadventures of Link: This new series of comedic shorts will focus on the green-garbed hero, albeit in a new and more humorous light. Nintendo has stated that the series will be be based upon recent remastered Wii U hit, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD.
- Pikmin Nature Documentaries: No doubt inspired by examples such as that of our very own video editor, Mr Rory Cocker, this mockumentary will follow the lives of the Pikmin as they live in their natural habitat.
- Bravest Warriors: Created by Pendleton Ward — the genius behind Adventure Time — Bravest Warriors follows four intergalactic teenage heroes-for-hire, as they warp around the universe saving aliens. New episodes are scheduled to arrive every Friday.
- Wildheart Riukiu: A new series of 3D shorts from the creator of Meat or Die. The series combines classic 16-bit visuals with not-so-charming, but supposedly hilarious characters. On a side note, Meat or Die has apparently been viewed more than five million times on Nintendo Video.
- Bee and PuppyCat: This two-part series follows Bee, an unemployed 20-something whose life changes forever after meeting a mysterious creature she calls PuppyCat.
Tony Elison, Nintendo of America's senior director of Business Development had the following to say about this new video content:
This latest set of great new shows for Nintendo Video gives fans a unique way to enjoy two of their favorite Nintendo franchises, in addition to hand-picked series from some of the most imaginative and successful creators in the world of animation.
As we've said above, this new content will start appearing from 1st November, although we're not entirely sure what will emerge first. If you're interested in viewing any of these videos, we suggest downloading the Nintendo Video app so you're completely ready for it.