Hometown Story Collector's Edition Planned for November Release

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Game also scheduled for Q1 in Europe

If you’ve pre-ordered Hometown Story, Natsume’s new life sim coming to North America on 22nd October, you may be due for a cute Ember plushie depending on where you go: green at Gamestop, red at Amazon or yellow through Natsume itself. (There’s also a special blue color, but that’s only if you went to E3 or win it in a giveaway. Sorry.)

One might think such a selection of soft, huggable dragony things would be enough; that Natsume would just lay its Cute Card down in satisfaction and skip on home. But no: there is always more. More soft! More huggable! More cute!

According to Natsume’s Facebook page, they will be releasing a collector’s edition of Hometown Story through their website that includes a larger, fluffier, plushier plush of another creature from the game, Pochica. This edition is expected to ship sometime in November.

According to Siliconera, a European release of Hometown Story is currently slated for Q1 2014. It's unknown whether it includes access to these bonuses, however.

Yearning for an Ember or Pochica? Let us know below.

[via siliconera.com, facebook.com, facebook.com]

GuardianKing

GuardianKing said:

...I need this...

No joke: Rune Factory 4 grabbed my expectations by the neck and launched them into orbit; it was just an amazing game, and I have no doubts this will not let me down.

Seriously though, look at the fluffy...

Zach777

Zach777 said:

So same game but just has extra stuffed floaties? Just getting the game.

Emblem

Emblem said:

So close to Pokemon? The EU release date seems better thought out than the NA one. I'm interested in this but i'd like to see a few reviews first.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Thats not such a bad deal, especially for a collectors edition. Don't know if I'd have the time though since by then I'd already be busy with Rune Factory 4 and Pokemon Y, nevermind Animal Crossing.

Amazon has the NA launch date set for the 31st by the way, not the 22nd.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Well I have already preordered mine from Amazon. Can't wait to play this.

ueI

ueI said:

I think I'll be getting the collector's edition.
But I'd like to read reviews first.
Hopefully I can work things out.

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

I already preordered the game at GameStop so I guess it's only the green plushie for me unless the same site where I got the 12 inch Cow (separately) that normally came with the Harvest Moon New Beginning collectors edition only.

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

I'll probably go collector's edition, and then check eBay every month or so to see if I can get the other ones. It's taken years, but I have 5 Oniis from Little King's Story.

RainbowGazelle

RainbowGazelle said:

I'm going to guess that we won't get these in Europe. I would love to be proven wrong, and will be first in line to buy the collector's edition if I am, but I can't see it happening.

agumon1123

agumon1123 said:

I want the big stuffie but unluckily the natsume store only ships to the us and for Canadians like me the only way we can get any of the stuffies is through amazon.com. no eb games or amazon.ca. so only the red dragon.This makes me feel that its really unfair