Hello Kitty Kart Racer Hitting Wii U This Year

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Um, awesome?

Just today we filed our review for Around the World With Hello Kitty and Friends, a competent 3DS minigame collection for young children. The exciting news for fans of the franchise is that Hello Kitty Kruisers is coming to the Wii U this year, which is great for young gamers but unlikely to satisfy our Mario Kart 8 cravings.

We are admittedly a little suspicious of this title as it spells cruisers with a K, and it's set to come to iOS and Android platforms as well as Wii U. The screenshots are underwhelming, too, though do show a combination of flying and boat racing that brings to mind both Mario Kart 7 and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. It's a popular franchise with children, however, and with the right price could well be worth a punt.

Still, it ain't Mario Kart 8...

[via destructoid.com]

rjejr

rjejr said:

Know what this has over Mario Kart 8?

"Hello Kitty Kruisers is coming to the Wii U this year"

That will be enough for some people. And I think the screenshots on Desctructoid look just fine, though I didn't see anybody drifting and I have a hard time these days playing any kart games w/o drifting.

For $20 in the bargain bin I'ld pick it up.

ShanaUnite

ShanaUnite said:

Mario Kart 8 is to late to the party. Hello Kitty is now going to steal all their customers :D

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Screenshots on Destructoid make it look like Diddy Kong Racing, might be pretty fun! Hope it's a budget eShop release for less than $20.

bigfranky75

bigfranky75 said:

my daughter will want this.... and she'll end up getting it. which is fine... here is to hoping its a digital download.

Rief

Rief said:

Well, while short, Hello Kitty games always have a fine quality.

Longaway

Longaway said:

But does it have KISS Hello Kitty skins? That's the dividing line between derision and purchase. ;)

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I wonder if there'll be a Hello Kitty branded Wii U in Japan. I'm pretty sure there were a few Dreamcasts with HK on it that are some of the most valuable consoles ever made.

Darel18

Darel18 said:

The blue car on the left is in Mario Kart 7... D:
The track design (map) looks pretty simple... :s , not buying it BUT will look for a video :p

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

@MadAussieBloke

YES!!! :D

FINALLY there making some games for the wii u I actually want lol.

My wii u games line-up is:

NintendoLand
Hello Kitty Kruisers
New Super Mario Bros U
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Toki Tori 2

Trying build up list of wii u games before getting wii u in either Jan or Feb lol hard to do when there not putting much out for wii u. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

This really looks fun. If the gameplay is good and the game isn't really expensive, I might end up getting this to keep me occupied until Mario Kart 8.

Swiket

Swiket said:

Looks alright, but it'll be hard to reach the high mark that M&M's Kart Racing set for the genre.

Hit-Girl

Hit-Girl said:

Can't hurt to have this on WiiU. It's another fun little game by the looks of it. I'm in. :3

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

It looks far too minimalistic and cheap to be a retail game. If it's released in the eShop for $20, I'll admit that I may be inclined to splurge (I'd be sold if it supports 5 players locally).

JustinH

JustinH said:

@Rief Ever see that roller-blading beat-em-up Hello Kitty game on GCN? It's not great but it's pretty darn playable if you're in the right mindset for it.

vio

vio said:

LOL! I'll stick with Sonic and All-Star Racing Transformed until Mario Kart 8 arrives.

Sad that the Wii U gets junk like this instead of games like GTA 5.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

I'll buy it, my daughter loves all these three things - kart racing games, the Wii U and Hello Kitty.
That screen shot looks better than the Sega and Sonic kart games to me. I got a 4 pack of Transformed on PC for just $12 thanks to Green Man Gaming, and as long as this isn't too expensive on Wii U, it will be a very good addition to the fairly small racing genre on the system.

madpizzaguy

madpizzaguy said:

It's games like this that make Nintendo flop...I love Nintendo but come on guys..imagine talking to your friends..." Hey i've been playing BF4 what have you been playing?"

"WOO HELLO KITTY KART!"...T_T