Hello Kitty Kart Racer Hitting Wii U This Year

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Um, awesome?

Just today we filed our review for Around the World With Hello Kitty and Friends, a competent 3DS minigame collection for young children. The exciting news for fans of the franchise is that Hello Kitty Kruisers is coming to the Wii U this year, which is great for young gamers but unlikely to satisfy our Mario Kart 8 cravings.

We are admittedly a little suspicious of this title as it spells cruisers with a K, and it's set to come to iOS and Android platforms as well as Wii U. The screenshots are underwhelming, too, though do show a combination of flying and boat racing that brings to mind both Mario Kart 7 and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. It's a popular franchise with children, however, and with the right price could well be worth a punt.

Still, it ain't Mario Kart 8...

From the web

rjejr said:

Know what this has over Mario Kart 8?

"Hello Kitty Kruisers is coming to the Wii U this year"

That will be enough for some people. And I think the screenshots on Desctructoid look just fine, though I didn't see anybody drifting and I have a hard time these days playing any kart games w/o drifting.

For $20 in the bargain bin I'ld pick it up.

ShanaUnite said:

Mario Kart 8 is to late to the party. Hello Kitty is now going to steal all their customers

TruenoGT said:

Screenshots on Destructoid make it look like Diddy Kong Racing, might be pretty fun! Hope it's a budget eShop release for less than $20.

bigfranky75 said:

my daughter will want this.... and she'll end up getting it. which is fine... here is to hoping its a digital download.

Rief said:

Well, while short, Hello Kitty games always have a fine quality.

Longaway said:

But does it have KISS Hello Kitty skins? That's the dividing line between derision and purchase.

Nintenjoe64 said:

I wonder if there'll be a Hello Kitty branded Wii U in Japan. I'm pretty sure there were a few Dreamcasts with HK on it that are some of the most valuable consoles ever made.

Darel18 said:

The blue car on the left is in Mario Kart 7... D:
The track design (map) looks pretty simple... :s , not buying it BUT will look for a video

Barbiegurl777 said:

FINALLY there making some games for the wii u I actually want lol.

My wii u games line-up is:

Hello Kitty Kruisers
New Super Mario Bros U
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Toki Tori 2

Trying build up list of wii u games before getting wii u in either Jan or Feb lol hard to do when there not putting much out for wii u.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Sneaker13 said:

This really looks fun. If the gameplay is good and the game isn't really expensive, I might end up getting this to keep me occupied until Mario Kart 8.

Swiket said:

Looks alright, but it'll be hard to reach the high mark that M&M's Kart Racing set for the genre.

Hit-Girl said:

Can't hurt to have this on WiiU. It's another fun little game by the looks of it. I'm in. :3

sillygostly said:

It looks far too minimalistic and cheap to be a retail game. If it's released in the eShop for $20, I'll admit that I may be inclined to splurge (I'd be sold if it supports 5 players locally).

JustinH said:

@Rief Ever see that roller-blading beat-em-up Hello Kitty game on GCN? It's not great but it's pretty darn playable if you're in the right mindset for it.

vio said:

LOL! I'll stick with Sonic and All-Star Racing Transformed until Mario Kart 8 arrives.

Sad that the Wii U gets junk like this instead of games like GTA 5.

MadAdam81 said:

I'll buy it, my daughter loves all these three things - kart racing games, the Wii U and Hello Kitty.
That screen shot looks better than the Sega and Sonic kart games to me. I got a 4 pack of Transformed on PC for just $12 thanks to Green Man Gaming, and as long as this isn't too expensive on Wii U, it will be a very good addition to the fairly small racing genre on the system.

madpizzaguy said:

It's games like this that make Nintendo flop...I love Nintendo but come on guys..imagine talking to your friends..." Hey i've been playing BF4 what have you been playing?"