GameStop Advert Offers A Link Between Worlds 3DS XL and Luigi Bundle

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

It was inevitable

Earlier in the week we shared the happy news — and some pretty images — of a limited edition The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 3DS XL model coming to Europe, alongside the rather attractive Luigi 3DS XL that's been available in Japan for a number of months. A GameStop Black Friday ad in the US seems to reveal that the Zelda model is coming to the country, with a reasonably priced blue 3DS (EDIT: we originally wrote 3DS XL, whereas the ad shows a standard model, thanks Lz) and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon bundle also listed.

With Australia also confirmed to be receiving the Link Between Worlds system, it seems inevitable that most will have the opportunity to pick it up, though due to demand it's likely to be the full price that Nintendo can justify — the GameStop ad has a price of $219.99. Its design alone is sure to tempt a number of gamers, and if accurate the Luigi bundle is certainly an attractive option.

Assuming this isn't an advert printed in error, are you tempted to pick either of these up?

[via twitter.com]

Related Games

rmeyer

rmeyer said:

I would love to buy a luigis mansion 3ds xl. I'm surprised Nintendo isn't aggressively pushing it this October

Holmfry

Holmfry said:

Thank goodness! I've been biding my time to upgrade to XL with the hopes a Zelda one would come out. I'm. All. Over. This.

Shadowkiller97

Shadowkiller97 said:

For these special edition 3DS systems with the download version of the games... is it already downloaded on the system when you get it or do you get a download code similar to the Wii U bundle? I would prefer to have the actual game cartridge and sell the download code if possible.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Well, I may finally get a 3DS (Zelda). The kids would love it, but I want it for myself now. lol.

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

I've got Red XL, I'm switching to Gold XL!
I'll buy it, do a System Transfer, then download the Zelda Game!
I'm also buying the Collector's Edition version of the Game!

Shadowkiller97

Shadowkiller97 said:

@JaxxRaxor So it's possible to sell the code? It's not tied to console or something like that? I really want the Zelda 3DS and the cartridge... but I cant justify buying a game I already own just for the cartridge.

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

Now all I will need is a Gold WiiU GamePad...
I have a:

• Gold WiiRemote
  • Gold Nunchuk
  • Gold Wii Classic Controller
Ryo_Hazuki-san

Ryo_Hazuki-san said:

i called gamestop 3 of them and all of them said this is not true -_- i hope they just dont have it in the system yet/...

paburrows

paburrows said:

Aparantly on page 9 it also looks like Wii U is getting a Skylanders bundle also.

paburrows

paburrows said:

Oh and it looks like Xenoblade and Metroid Trilogy will be knocked down to $39.99 on page 10!

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

I wonder if that $70 trade in also applies to the XL. If so, gimme one! :D

LDXD

LDXD said:

Wow the Zelda one is eye candy! I would trade in my red xl only thing stopping me would be because of the down load version of albtw I want that in physical form damn it!

renaryuugufan92

renaryuugufan92 said:

i've been contemplating the XL ever since its announcement however I never got one due to already having a early adopted cosmo black 3DS, however! this Zelda edition would be way to tempting to pass up if it does release in the U.S!

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

YES! YES!! Now it's definitely time to upgrade my original 3DS for this XL model! I was going to get the 2DS but Zelda XL wins all the way.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I got the Blue Pokémon XL on Wednesday, so I will pass. Still the Zelda one looks beautiful.

adam9431

adam9431 said:

I didn't read all of the comments, but did anyone note that the Luigi's Mansion has been a Wal Mart exclusive in Canada for some time now?

Note: it was a limited release, so they probably don't sell it in Canada anymore. Also note, I believe it was a black 3DS.

adamical

adamical said:

That Luigi bundle looks like a new color Blue for North America, no? Like the cobalt blue the Fire Emblem LE was.

Also, I'm disappointed that we're not getting the Luigi 3DS XL pattern like the Animal Crossing.

cookiex

cookiex said:

I guess NL hasn't picked up the info on the Skylanders Swap Force Wii U bundle yet. It's listed in the same ad for $299.

ultrakatie64

ultrakatie64 said:

Sold. My pink 3DS will just be a backup in case something ever happens. That Triforce XL is just too awesome.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

It seems like a lot of gaming news sites (not saying just you) are reporting that this is the LE Luigi 3DS XL, which it is not. If you'll remember, that one is white and has little Luigi's all over it, with one Mario on the back. This one seems to be a dark blue colored regular 3DS model. So just a heads up. That's not the Luigi XL. You might want to change that.

Hopefully you can pre order the Zelda 3DS XL. I could get one of my friends at GameStop to hold one back for me, but I'd rather be fair. It's just going to be a collection item for me anyhow. That 3DS is beautiful!

ultimate321

ultimate321 said:

@Gold
I think I might but I dont have much money and I dont want to go to an xl (to me the loss of resolution is criminal more than the small benefits of the xl) but the design is just so awesome!

PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect said:

Nintendo... Sometimes I hate you for making me buy the things that I do. I already have a Zelda 3DS and I know I wouldn't sell it for anything. I also know that already having a Zelda 3DS won't stop me from buying the Zelda 3DS XL because I'm a sucker for Triforces.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

hope it comes to canada. would love to try get the zelda XL. exception is i dont like the download code but oh well lol

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Nintendo Canada actually offered a similar Luigi's Mansion bundle back in May, exclusive to Walmart. Although it included a Black 3DS.

misanthropic

misanthropic said:

So just to be sure, the game won't come already installed on the XL correct? B/c that was the thing I hated about my Animal Crossing XL.

AkDeath

AkDeath said:

That Zelda 3DS is awesome but am I the only one who thinks its lame that the bundle doesn't come with a physical copy?

DrakesInception

DrakesInception said:

I wish Nintendo would release the Zelda 3DS XL bundle with a black interior and gold buttons instead of a gold interior.

readypembroke

readypembroke said:

Seems like Activision loves Nintendo this year. Last year there was a 360 Skylanders bundle but it was the first Skylanders and had a exclusive figure with it also.