Club Nintendo Rewards are Updated for October

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Karting! Zelda! Other Things!

Sometimes Club Nintendo sure takes its sweet time, waiting a whole day after the expiry of the last month's game rewards before dishing out a new set. The lovely people behind good old CN in North America may be cheeky scamps, but they have now updated the offerings over which you can mull.

This time around we have two titles available from the 3DS eShop — one retro and one DSiWare — and two from the Wii Shop which also consist of one Virtual Console title and a download-only release. The pattern is set then, clearly, and although the Wii U eShop's content is still out of bounds for these promotions, you can access the Wii games via the backward compatibility mode on the shiny new system, which is nice.

Without more aimless rambling, below are this week's offerings:

Touch Solitaire - 100 coins (3DS eShop)
The Legend of Zelda - 150 coins (3DS eShop)
ThruSpace - 150 coins (Wii Shop)
Super Mario Kart - 150 coins (Wii Shop)

These titles will all be available until 3rd November. Let us know if you plan to spend any hard-earned coins in the poll and comments section below.

Which Club Nintendo Reward will you pick up first? (264 votes)

Touch Solitaire

The Legend of Zelda

18%

ThruSpace

Super Mario Kart

18%

Nothing for me this time

61%

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via club.nintendo.com]

Related Games

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

I'd rather spend my coins on some Limited Edition physical item rather than games. I usually purchase the games I want. Just my thoughts, as I'm sure some of you are different. I'm grateful for this service Nintendo provides to their fans.

SpaceCoyote

SpaceCoyote said:

Great collection of games.

However, yet again, Nintendo has a chance to embrace the Wii U, and show that it is their current system and priority, yet they choose to neglect it. It's hard to encourage other people to support the system when Nintendo doesn't yet treat it like it's their current system.

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

Dang, I've been waiting for the Legend of Zelda on Wii. But they decide to release the 3DS version instead? Good grief.

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

I would've gone for LOZ if it wasn't 50 coins more and wasn't in the 3ds since I kinda prefered console games to be in the console system.....though then again...
Leaning toward Thruspace and Super Mario Kart.
Those thinking about Touch Solitare I recommend paying it with money instead of coins. It's $2.00

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I wish our EU rewards were this generous. I've registered over 30 games and I have enough points for a Luigi ring-bound notepad.

Gold

Gold said:

Mario art time!!! I didn't pick it up in Dec. '11, so may as well get it now! And don't forget the Wii U discount!

VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason said:

I guess I'll get Zelda. Maybe. I dunno... They never have games I really want on the club Nintendo reward system.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Definitely get Touch Solitaire if you like Solitaire (dur). It's a very good Solitaire game, simple and effective, no frills and stuff that detract from the game.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Already have 5 different versions of Zelda, including that one, and I already have Super Mario Kart on a cartridge, and my Wii. Never heard of the other two. I'm with the others on saying why aren't these for the Wii U instead of the Wii. I really don't understand their decisions sometimes

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

Maybe Thruspace, since I'm pretty sure Ketzal's Corridors (which I have) is its spiritual successor. Not interested in Solitare. Already got Mario Kart previously on CN, and got Zelda through the Ambassador program.

AMPD96

AMPD96 said:

I've been holding on to my points hoping something nice would come to Club Nintendo but since there isn't too much I want I just buy the codes for these games and give them to my friends.

Just got 2 copies of The Legend of Zelda today.

Nico07

Nico07 said:

I picked up Super Mario Kart months ago on Club Nintendo and am an Ambassador on the 3DS so nothing interests me here. Wish Nintendo would have put Super Mario Kart on Wii U VC by now, the releases of late have been less than stellar. But at least we got Earthbound.

SLiM

SLiM said:

I'm actually excited about Legend of Zelda for 3DS. Another Zelda game I can carry around :)

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

Now they release Legend of Zelda? I was tired of waiting so I bought it in May. I refuse to buy any more Nintendo-published Virtual Console games until I see a good one up for coins. Not against Nintendo or anything, I'd just hate to spend my money on a game that would become available in coins three days later....

Mrclaycoat

Mrclaycoat said:

I would take Zelda if it was the Wii U copy, I just don't understand why the Wii U is still being neglected?

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

I'm an Ambassador, so no Zelda for me (though I liked it, but not as much as II). For Super Mario Kart, it was great for the time, so I think I'll be sticking with the future titles (except for Super Circuit, which I'd prefer SMK to by a pint). The rest of the titles, I'd care less for.

So overall, nothing for me. The last game I bought from Club Nintendo was Starfox 64, which was way back in June. Come on, CN, gimme Paper Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Super Mario 64...and then I'll be happy.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Maybe Solitaire, but I have the rest. Japan has Mario Kart on Wii U Virtual Console already, so I'm not sure what the hold up is elsewhere.

tchaten

tchaten said:

Already redeemed Super Mario Kart - never played this and looking forward to it - sad that Zelda isn't for Wii U or Wii as I already have this on my 3DS

CrimsonSkidmark

CrimsonSkidmark said:

Nintendo's rewards catalog is kinda pathetic. I'm always hoping they'll put something awesome on there... like some Zelda action figures or a replica Samus arm cannon... ANYTHING but the selection that is currently on there. The only thing I've received that I actually wanted was a few Mario themed washcloths... I'm missing the third and they never restocked them... Like I really want nintendogs greeting cards... seriously.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

ThruSpace looked interesting, but I doubt I'll pick it up. Super Mario Kart looks interesting, but since I already own MKWii, I really see no reason to buy it.

Gerbwmu

Gerbwmu said:

I should pick up LoZ since I've never played the original and I now have a 3ds. Considering Mario Kart for the nostalgia but I may skip and wait on better options.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

I'd like to know when Nintendo is going to stop offering Wii and Wii VC games and start offering Wii U and Wii U VC games.

shredmeister

shredmeister said:

Glad I got a copy of Zoda's Revenge last month. I might get LOZ for my nephew's 3DS. Nothing for me.

uhhhhhhhh

uhhhhhhhh said:

i rly wish i would have picked up super mario rpg, super smash bros, and f zero earlier this summer

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Fast_45er
Well, seeing as the Wii U is backwards-compatible they don't really 'need' to, the 3DS rewards include DSi games after all. They might after the Wii U has been out a while longer and started picking up steam.

luke17

luke17 said:

Until they start offering Wii U VC or Wii U games...I'll hold my pts.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Picking up Mario Kart. That way when it comes to Wii U vc I will only have to pay a dollar.

jjmesa16

jjmesa16 said:

Why isn't Nintendo supporting the Wii U.? Why aren't there any Wii U Virtual Console rewards yet? SMW3, SMB, Zelda(NES), Ice Climber, etc. are on on Wii U's Virtual Console. Why not put those games up for rewards?

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@Zombie_Barioth That is true, but at this point I'd rather not get the Wii VC version of a game when there is or will be a superior version with off-TV play and save states. That's not really my point though. My point is that the Wii has already gone out of production, and the Wii U needs all the support it can get. I know it'll come in time at least.

NavySpheal

NavySpheal said:

To be completely honest, I'm relieved its not Urban Champion again. They must've been drunk to put that game up for grabs over 7 times.

Gioku

Gioku said:

I'm getting a couple new games this Saturday, (hopefully) it should bump me up to 150 coins so I can get The Legend of Zelda! :)

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

I guess I'lll get LOZ. I've been meaning to give that game another try anyway...

Starzsixty9

Starzsixty9 said:

Very blah again... Sigh maybe one day ill spend the rest of my 900+ points that ive been sitting on :p or else its gonna be wall to wall posters in my room :/

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

@shredmeister

How is Zoda's Revenge btw? i mean....StarTropics was amazing(Aside from the final stage), i even favor it over the original Zelda. But I've been hearing that Zoda's a bit of a mixed bag and doesn't reach master-NES class status vs original. :p

Anyways, nothing for me this week!

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

@Fast_45er
I get what your saying, all I'm saying is I don't think they'll stop offering Wii games even if they add Wii U games. They'll probably wait until the Wii U VC games are out for a while first and had a chance to sell, meanwhile people might upgrade the Wii versions they've given away so they'll still make money.

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

Are they not offering out the 3DS cases on club nintendo anymore? I've been looking for over two weeks now and it's still not there. Just the Animal Crossing DS game case is there which is a mockery because it can't hold 3DS games. (Face palm).....

lckulczak

lckulczak said:

If I download Super Mario Kart from the Wii Shop Channel on the Wii U, will I be able to upgrade that when the game comes out on Wii U VC? Or does that only work from a Wii to a Wii U?

LightSuitGuy

LightSuitGuy said:

Dang I was hoping for F-Zero X this time...

Already have Super Mario Kart and I don't really want the NES Zelda on 3DS.

Guess there's always next month.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@Zombie_Barioth Yeah, that makes sense. Speaking of Wii VC games, I wish I could play DKC 1 and 2. After I sent my Wii U in for repairs, it no longer lets me download them. It says "SD card error" so I tried a different SD card, and it does the same thing. It ain't a problem with the SD card. When I tried downloading them to the system memory, they didn't even show up. I'm not sending the system back in only to lose all my game data again. Wish they'd release DKC 1-3 for Wii U VC, but it doesn't look likely since they were removed from the Wii shop.

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

@steamhare "Mmhmm. Had i realized back then, I would have gotten two or three cases. Oh well... I refuse to Ebay these cases, so I'm stuck for now."

Rod64

Rod64 said:

I already own all the games except "ThruSpace", whatever that is...

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

Nothing worth spending my coins on and the backlog is held up with some big games. So many games to beat, so little time!

millarrp

millarrp said:

This is the first month where I have all of them. Oh well...I guess this means more points for next month

millarrp

millarrp said:

millarrp

millarrp said:

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

Guys, we should not be complaining about Nintendo's offerings again. Or, some hardcore fans are going to slash at us by saying things like "You should feel thankful that Nintendo gives you free stuff. Nintendo has absolutely no obligations to give out any free stuff." We should be happy with WHATEVER Nintendo gives in the Nintendo club. As a customer we have no rights to complain about Nintendo.

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

Why the hell don't they do this in Europe? We get badges, pencils and rubbers (erasers)
Utter garbage.

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

Utter garbage.

ejamer

ejamer said:

@GreatPlayer
Wah wah wah.
Grow up already. You don't get everything you want in life, and (while you have ever right to complain and commiserate) acting like a baby about it doesn't make any friends. There are people who don't already own some of these games who actually do want them... if you fall outside of that group then suck it up and wait until next month.

ejamer

ejamer said:

@WindWakerLink
Ah! That would be sweet if the 3DS game card cases came back into stock. Especially if NoA brought over the new cover art that Japan got. Heck... I'd probably pay just for a package of cover art inserts to switch up what's in my current case. keeping my fingers crossed

Mainer82

Mainer82 said:

I don't have the type of controller for the Wii to play Mario Kart... I have the game for SNES and would have bought it had it supported the Wii U... I would have got it as well if it were on the 3DS.

JuanitoShet

JuanitoShet said:

Well... this is a pretty crappy list. I considered Zelda for my 3DS, but I think I'd rather just buy it somewhere down the line later instead of using my coins for it.

I would have also considered Super Mario Kart, but I don't own a Wii.

And I was excited about the rewards this month. Sigh. So much for my excitement.

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

Ditto @JuanitoShet . I was looking forward to the new game rewards, but this will be the first month in well over a year I don't download any. I already have Super Mario Kart from last year, more versions of Zelda than I can count, the superior version of ThruSpace in the form of Ketzal's Corridors, and no need for a DSi solitaire game.

Incidentally, my 3DS XL won't let me download any more DSiWare. For some reason it sets a memory limit on those and will not let me download or move any of them to the SD card. My old 3DS had the same issue. Seems like a silly thing, sort of like the absurd memory limit for WiiWare games on Wii U.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@ejamer
Grow up already. Not everyone likes everything about Nintendo and want it offer. Customers always have the right to voice out their opinion to Nintendo. If you don't like here then don't read people's comments here.

ejamer

ejamer said:

@GreatPlayer
Hahaha... I don't have to read people's comment, but I'm fully entitled to keep reading. Just like I'm fully entitled to point out how silly people are, whining online about childish entitlement problems. So keep on posting. I could use a few more laughs. :)

"Wah wah! Poor me! I've got Club Nintendo coins and nothing to spend them on. How come Nintendo doesn't care about me?"
Yep. People want to complain, they are free to keep going as long as they want.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@ejamer Lol... I can then keep laughing about how Nintendo's idolators keep lick its toes! :>

"You have no right to say anything bad about Nintendo. No gamers should complain Nintendo. Everyone should chant: "Nintendo lives forever, forever, and forever!"

ejamer

ejamer said:

@GreatPlayer
Wow. I overestimated your maturity/intelligence last time. Apologies. I'll just go back to the toes so that you can complain with fear or reason or rationality infringing upon you. Good luck - I'm sure that crying on fan forums will improve your lot (or popularity, or coolness, or whatever you hope to achieve) a good deal.

darklinkinfinite

darklinkinfinite said:

The only thing Club Nintendo has been doing lately is running out of stock on stuff. I really wish they'd do something else like the DS Game and Watch collections or something nice and collectible that is worth having and keeping instead of cheap stuff that will easily get lost, worn out, or not worth having.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@ejamer Lol... No matter what people say, the truth is the truth - Nintendo customers do NOT have the right to voice out their opinion nowadays, because there are lots of Nintendo police patrolling around these forums. I love idolators who post things like this: "Yes, many of the games have been offered before. Yes, maybe you already own the ones that interest you most. But this is a solid selection of software being ESSENTIALLY GIVING AWAY TO FANS."

Idolators are even ignorant of the fact that Club Nintendo is a mean for the company to encourage gamers to buy more Nintendo games, thus maximizing the profits of the company. Nothing wrong with this intention, but idolators often personalize their relationship with the profit-maximizing multi-national organization by saying things like "essentially GIVING AWAY free stuffs to fans." How generous Nintendo is to you!

These behaviours reminds me of a period of developmental stage (Animism) when a small girl fantasizing a personal relationship with an inanimate doll. Nothing wrong with this kind of fantasy though, so keep doing it. Lol...

ejamer

ejamer said:

@GreatPlayer
I think you've missed the point entirely. I'm not defending Nintendo in any way; I'm pointing out that your attitude (and that of others complaining here) isn't reasonable.

You have every right to complain. You've been exercising that right non-stop and will likely continue to ad nauseam. But complaining about an optional rewards program on an unofficial fan site is beyond meaningless. What is it going to accomplish?

Calling you out for making selfish and childish statements isn't the same as defending Nintendo, and defending Nintendo isn't the same as idolizing them. But obviously the differences are lost on you.

Your last post hasn't changed in tone - it's not only whining that you don't get what you want (without regard to what others have or want), but continuing to attack anyone who thinks being content with what they've purchased "as is" is sufficient. As if somehow your right to irrationally complain on a fan-based website is worth more than theirs to talk about something the enjoy and are passionate about. Newsflash: if you want to complain, find an appropriate forum or a place where it will actually make a difference or get over yourself and realize that not everyone shares your viewpoint.

But hey, it's your life. If you choose to waste it being a spoiled malcontent who tries to put down people who enjoy something, have fun with that.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

The same cool games that most people have already that have the coins and something like touch solitaire. What a filthy name for an e for everybody game.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@ejamer As obvious in your reply, you do not see problems in your behaviours. You continue to slash at people who want to complain about Nintendo's offering. This is apparent in your comment: "I'm pointing out that your attitude (and that of others complaining here) isn't reasonable... complaining about an optional rewards program on an unofficial fan site is beyond meaningless. What is it going to accomplish?"

If you selfishly do not want people to post anything complaining about Nintendo, set up your own website, allowing only the people you like into the forum, rather than putting people down like what you did in a public forum that is open to everyone and any positive or negative comments. Do you actually own the forum here? If not, you need to reflect on your insolent attitudes towards others.

If you look closely my posts here, I was not complaining about Nintendo - I was pointing out the obnoxious behaviours of people who do not permit others to post anything that complain about Nintendo (i.e., people exactly like you). I was laughing at your behaviours.

I feel sorry for anyone who live with people like you as they are under the rule of dictatorship. Your attitude reflects what you are in real life - overbearing and domineering.

Hey, if you do not want people to complain about Nintendo's offering in Club Nintendo, good luck with that. I like people here still keep complaining no matter what you do anyway!

Cheers!

ejamer

ejamer said:

@GreatPlayer
Pot, kettle? But hey, it's all in fun anyway. You practically begged to have someone argue with you from that silly first post and it would've been a slow day otherwise.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@ejamer You are funny. Who can start this line of posts if someone does not constantly start berating others for their complaining anyway? lol...

ejamer

ejamer said:

@GreatPlayer
"Guys, we should not be complaining about Nintendo's offerings again. Or, some hardcore fans are going to slash at us by saying things like 'You should feel thankful that Nintendo gives you free stuff. Nintendo has absolutely no obligations to give out any free stuff.' We should be happy with WHATEVER Nintendo gives in the Nintendo club. As a customer we have no rights to complain about Nintendo."

That's how it started. If that's not a troll begging for help to waste some time, then it's someone who deserves to be trolled. Take your pick.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@ejamer No, no, no, dude. It starts much earlier. In multiple other posts you wrote the following:

"Yes, many of the games have been offered before. Yes, maybe you already own the ones that interest you most. But this is a solid selection of software being essentially given away to fans. It's a shame that all people can manage to post are complaints.

"you are free to complain and whine all you want while getting down on the SMT/FE promotion. And I'm free to think that your opinion doesn't matter.

"People complain about the reward selection every year.
When the exclusive Punch-Out!! digital mini-game was offered, which has never been offered again, people complained. When the prize was a cool set of buttons, people complained. When expanded the Gold rewards to include a bunch of free digital games, people complained. Now that we are finally - for the first time ever in North America? - getting a soundtrack CD from Club Nintendo, people complain.
Well I can't hear you, because the disturbing tones of Majora's Mask are creeping me out at full volume!"

You were targeting at several people in your posts.

In this post I was not even targeting particularly at you, and you become hyped and start complaining. I was warning others not to complain anymore or else people like you will start a long series of "moral" lecturing, just like what you are doing now.

I have decided not to continue replying to your comments as it was a waste of my time and other people's time as well. You can feel free to continue this conversation. Other people will still continue their complain anyway, ignoring what you say.

Take care!

Beau_Skunk

Beau_Skunk said:

After getting Super Mario Kart for 100 coins back when Club Nintendo first started offering Virtual Console/Ware games in America, it kinda feels like a rip-off to see them offer it again for 150...
I might've considered Zelda 1, (would be nice to have a portable version) but 150 coins doesn't seem like a "bargain" for a 5 dollar game. (Especially one I already own.)

JellySplat

JellySplat said:

I already have super mario kart & Legend of zelda... and I quite frankly don't care about the other two games

Gameday

Gameday said:

I dont like how they did the wii vc dlc when it comes to the eShop on wii u. Its pretty annoying to have to go back and play something on a different app and not have it free when ever nintendo decides to re-release it on the eShop for what ever pricing...

I have thru-space but never got very good at it. Have mario kart as well.. No 3ds yet so i guess this isnt anything special this time around. Plus wasnt mario on there before or am i imagining things ~