Artwork: Increase Your Desktop Awesomeness With These Pokémon X & Y Wallpapers

Posted by Anthony Dickens

It's Super Effective, catch 'em both and so on...

Not so long ago we provided you with a rather attractive wallpaper for The Wonderful 101, which was downloaded over 1000 times. As so many of you clearly like having a high-res and snazzy wallpaper of an awesome game, it makes sense to do the same for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

The two releases have been a critical and commercial smash so far, and they haven't even been around for a full week at the time of writing. In our own Pokémon X & Y review we stated that the games are "sure to steal the hearts of Pokémon fans new and old alike", awarding 9/10 in the process.

Of course with two releases there's competition between the versions, and it seems to be fierce. In our recent poll X and Y are practically in a dead heat, with some of you lucky enough to own both copies.

In any case, you have your choice to make again below, unless you take a step on the wild side and download X & Y. Enjoy!

Pokémon X (3DS)

Wallpaper: Pokémon X (3DS)

Widescreen
1600x900 / 1680x1050 / 1920x1080 / 1920x1200 / 2560x1600
Laptop
1280x720 / 1280x800 / 1366x768 / 1440x900
Desktop
1280x1024 / 1600x1280

2,455 downloads

Pokémon Y (3DS)

Wallpaper: Pokémon Y (3DS)

Widescreen
1600x900 / 1680x1050 / 1920x1080 / 1920x1200 / 2560x1600
Laptop
1280x720 / 1280x800 / 1366x768 / 1440x900
Desktop
1280x1024 / 1600x1280

2,865 downloads

[via nintendolife.com]

Smooching

Smooching said:

Finally, some Pokémon wallpapers that are suitable for my screen resolution (2560x1440)... It's a shame I don't like these: I don't like wallpapers that have texts on them.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I don't like them. They're just a couple of giant ads. I think the wallpaper would be much more effective without the use of the actual cover of the game (plus, the fact that the Pokémon on each wallpaper appears twice, both on the poster and the cover art just seems tautological).

Kit

Kit said:

They're a bit too basic. I can't say that these wallpapers are anything special tbh. I mean who wants a wallpaper of a box?!! Couldn't you do something a bit more in-game inspiring?

antdickensAdmin

antdickens said:

That's the best we could do with the artwork available, glad you're all so happy ;)

Holmfry

Holmfry said:

Well I like 'em! Nice and high def. Great job on all the sizing options available, too. My daughter and I will be rocking matching ones :)

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

The one I have brings out the full effect of Xerneas beauty with very fitting scenary (I think it is official artwork because it very much seems so.)

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Not that awesome, but I love the tagline.

I still appreciate your effort with the wallpapers, Mr. Dickens :)

Smooching

Smooching said:

@rafaelluik Yes, something like that is awesome! (Too bad the width of the resolution is still limited to 1920, but a tiny stretch isn't going to harm it that much)

rafaelluik

rafaelluik said:

@Kit it's amazing, isn't? I wish Nintendo would release wallpapers like this.
There are some few cool wallpapers at pokemon.com worth though, like the Landuros and Kyurem ones art style.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

nah i will pass these are just to boring i would leave it to a photoshop artist to edit and delete the text,box art and edit the back ground to something cool :P