A Third Limited Edition Monster Hunter 4 3DS Model Emerges in Japan

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

The West says hi, Capcom!

Monster Hunter 4 has been a bit of a triumph since its release in Japan, surpassing three million sales already and in the process easily hitting Capcom's targets. It's been a positive for Nintendo, too, as it can cite the substantial success of a third-party exclusive on the 3DS.

It's certainly been a strong partnership between the two companies, with Nintendo outfits featuring in the title and two rather delicious 3DS XL models being released alongside the game. Early success has merely emboldened the partners, it seems, as the standard 3DS design above is to be released in the region on 7th November, price at 19,800 yen (just over $200 / £125). It'll include a 4GB SD card (rather than the 2GB storage typically offered with the original model) and a download copy of the game.

It seems like a smart idea ahead of the Winter's busy shopping season, and certainly won't do the impressive sales of the title any harm; do you like this design?

[via siliconera.com]

Volmun

Volmun said:

I prefer the black XL but this is ferly cool shame we will probbly never see it (UK/EU & US)

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Didn't the west just get 3G/3U not that long ago. You couldn't have finished it so fast as to be that frustrated with a wait for a release announcement for this one.
Anyway, this model looks really awesome, but I've already a place in my heart and money in my next paycheck for the black 3dsLL.

shigulicious

shigulicious said:

Personally, I wouldn't buy this model since its not the xl. I already own the original 3ds but will purchase the xl when a good bundle comes my way. The Animal Crossing one didn't do it for me. So I'm patiently waiting for the Zelda themed xl or the MH xl. Either one comes stateside on am on it day 1.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

We'd best get some acknowledgement by March, methinks. A year after 3 Ultimate's release seems a proper time to gear everyone up for MH4.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Never really liked the light blue colour for the 3DS standard and xl so I wouldn't get this even if I could (I do like the stencil though).