Video: Epic Launch Trailer Shows Off The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

There's also a gorgeous orchestrated video for art contest winners

Wii U eShop enthusiasts in North America may already be adventuring through The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, but for everyone else the wait continues for its official arrival on 4th October. That's surprisingly close, however, and Nintendo UK has now released its own rather epic launch trailer to build the hype.

This is a little longer than the North American equivalent that was previously released, and gives some tantalising glimpses at various items, environments and bosses. If cute toon Link truly is a Hero, this trailer has a good crack at showing it.

Also below is a video from Nintendo of America showing the 50 winners from its recent Wind Waker HD art contest, accompanied by a recording of the Symphony of the Goddesses orchestra. If the launch trailer targets an epic approach, the contest video is all about artistic beauty.

Emblem

Emblem said:

Zelda really is an amazing franchise I hope its greatness continues for atleast another 25 years.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Hopefully I will make a gameplay video a few days before the European release, can't wait!

Kifa

Kifa said:

I am somehow still not sold on this game... It's possibly the general art style that puts me off, same as it did with Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I just wish that there were more Zelda games in TP or SS style... :|

FritzFrapp

FritzFrapp said:

Epic trailer indeed. I got goosebumps watching that.
Some really good art in the NoA vid, particularly the seascape from C. Drennon and the poster from E. Ikeda, both exceptional.

Mainer82

Mainer82 said:

I will be buying this on the 4th.... I played this game in the GC when it first came out but I've forgotten some of the dungeons and am looking forward to playing it again. I'm on a big Zelda kick right now... I've just finished Twilight Princess, started Skyward Sword (what an excellent game) and have pre-ordered A link between worlds for the 3DS. I'm also hoping that A link to the past comes out to Wii U VC so that I can replay that for the 5th time...

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

@Kifa That's sad as I was the same when it originally released but when I bought it anyway was instantly sucked in by the story and characters. If you get the chance give it a rent or borrow it from a friend as I understand some people will never be swayed into liking the art direction, but hopefully you won't turn down playing through a great adventure all together.

Dogpigfish

Dogpigfish said:

This is a terrific game. In comparison to Ocarina there are some pacing issues, but the cruising changes and message bottle collecting really makes this game terrific. This game is Nintendo showing off the touchpad and accelerometer. They've removed the problem and shown how aiming with control sticks is uncomfortable and can be comfortable. I wish they could alleviate this problem with Skyrim, but instead this developer will continue to use old school technology.

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

I've been avoiding Mii-verse right now. It's tough because I'm still playing Splinter Cell & Wonderful 101 & I like checking on the communities daily but seeing screenshots of Zelda was making me almost buy the digital version. I actually almost clicked purchase but then took a look at the cover art & knew I'd hate myself later for not waiting so I'm just taking temptation out of sight. = )

Edit, ok watching that awesome trailer didn't help any!!! LOL!! I'll just replay Link To The Past for a quick hit of Zelda awesomeness to tide me over then!

banacheck

banacheck said:

I got this Zelda: The Wind Waker HD & Dragons Crown next month which is very soon now.

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

LoZ:WW is and always will be my favourite game, full stop! I cannot wait! I don't see the point in buying an HD version just for myself since I've already played the original about six times, but my bro is getting it. I don't want him to miss out on this game just because he was too young to play the original!

DdFixen

DdFixen said:

OMG I'm so hyped for this game! It's been preordered now, so I'll be able to get it in a week or so:D (maybe even sooner, since I got Pikmin 3 BEFORE its European launch date)

jrob23

jrob23 said:

just FYI, Newegg has the Zelda bundle for $279.99 using SAVE10SEP25Z at checkout

jayclayx

jayclayx said:

gosh! I played this game on gamecube and all this days I was so sure that I didnt have any intention to revisit the game but when I saw this trailer it just changed my opinion, Ill get this one!

Thats-what-shy

Thats-what-shy said:

That fully-orchestrated video just reaffirms my stance that the HD re-release should have been fully-orchestrated as well.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Fantastic fan art. I want it for desktops.

@mini-Z There's lots of dynamic music effects that would have been lost if they had done that. Plus, they would have had to orchestrate everything again because the pieces in that suite are not meant for looping in certain sections but are medleys. It would be a pretty big effort and could have been a bit of step back and it would have delayed the game.

That said. I'd still have liked to see them try. :)

Shambo

Shambo said:

I've been saying I'd instantly get a Wind Waker Ganondorf figurine or statue if they made one, since way before they even announced the HD remake. Now I have it preordered twice by mistake but I'll get both. Shame the collectors have to wait longer than those downloading.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

I loved the artwork of the Wind Waker crew playing on the Wii U together! Not that every single submission they showed wasn't stunning!

Ok wow that trailer was amazing! ( I still lament the midi soundtrack though XD )