SEGA Unleashes a Plethora of Sonic Lost World Screens

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

And yes, that includes 3DS screens

With its release now roughly a month away, SEGA is ramping up the presence of the upcoming Sonic Lost World on Wii U and 3DS. This week we've already learned more about the design ideas for Sonic's parkour moves, and even the eShop file sizes; SEGA's now followed up with a bombardment of new screens at which we can gawk to our heart's content.

The happy news for 3DS owners is that we finally have officially released screens for the portable version, going beyond the occasional snippets that we've seen in some of the trailers to date. We've posted some samples below for both platforms that show different environments, but you can see all of the screens by hitting up the Wii U and 3DS image galleries.

Wii U

3DS

Related Games

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Wow, this game looks so good. I'm still impressed with what the 3DS version can be capable of.

Kifa

Kifa said:

For the small file size the 3DS edition looks remarkably good - that probably can be attributed to clever usage of tiled, paletted and compressed textures thanks to modern GPU the handheld has (note that "modern" does not always mean "powerful"). Both look excellent and I still probably pass both of them - I was always too slow for Sonic. ;P

readyletsgo

readyletsgo said:

So, which one to get? Are they both the same game or different? Want to get the WiiU version so to support the system but I heard a few months back that the WiiU version wasn't as good as the 3DS version, but not sure why.

What to do what to do...

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

The Wii U version is being developed by sega in house. The 3DS version is being made by DIMPS.

That should tell you all you need to know: You should get the Wii U version if possible.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Still only screenshots of Sonic, that's good. I can't remember ever playing a secondary character in a Sonic game that I liked. And since Sonic Adventure is still my favorite Sonic game these screenshots - that remind me of Windy Valley - work for me.

Bessestad

Bessestad said:

Cant decide if to prebook this, Batman, Zelda or Black Flag.. October, what a month.

Franklin

Franklin said:

I'm a little surprised, but it might be a Sonic game that persuades me to buy a Wii U.

The 3D worlds on the 3DS version look impressive as well.

gamingreal

gamingreal said:

@rjejr Sonic adventure is my fave game of all time, yea windy valley is a classic, there's a few nods to sonic 3d flickys island in windy valley.
The game looks great, have pre ordered the 3ds version for two reasons
1 I dont have a wii u
2 I'm hyped for a true 3d portable sonic game

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Man that looks amazing. Definitely getting it on WiiU at launch. Not sure when I'll be getting the 3DS version — I still need to get Sonic Generations on 3DS (I own it for Xbox 360).

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

aw man I almost forgot about these two games........what can I wait until Christmas for...

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

I keep telling myself, "No, don't look at another screen/video self. You're only going to be spoiling the fun of sonic Lost world."
Yet the screens/videos are looking so sweet I just can't resist.
Curse you Sega.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

That 1st Wii U Screenshot reminds me of a Boss Fight in Sonic Colors, the one with the purple void wisp.

Those 3DS Screenshots are beautiful. :'(

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

I don't think many Nintendo fans care about Sonic. What they only know is Mario, Zelda and Metroid.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@mariobro4 Well, I do not think Sonic Transformed did very well on Wii U, even thought reviewers think it is an obvious contender of Mario Kart. Personally, I do not understand how the slow and uninspiring Mario Kart, which basically repeats itself in every version, can be better than Sonic Transformed. I stop playing Mario Kart games a lot time ago.

If you look at the number of comments here, you will see that every Nintendo games attracts a lot more attention and raving comments than Sonic titles.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@ThomasBW84 Yes, one million sales from four consoles combined. I really don't understand how Luigi U can get so much sales in a single console in comparison. Mario U is too easy and Luigi U is too short and overprized. When I paid $60 for Mario U, I expect it to be at least twice as much fun for a $30 Sonic Transformed but I finished Mario U within three days.

readyletsgo

readyletsgo said:

@GreatPlayer Hmm, are you just taking the piss, or pissed off at your Wii U?

I myself havent truned on my Wii U since Luigi U which was great but, mah, but from October with Zelda and Sonic and the rest coming my ps3 will be turned off for a few months.

paburrows

paburrows said:

I played the 3ds version at Comic-Con and its awesome! I was able to watch someone play the Wii U version and to me I couldn't tell the difference between the two.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO MY KEYBOARD!!!!! Thanks NL for sharing those screenshots :(.... Now my keyboard is ruined from my drool! Grrrrr! ;)

Seriously though those screens look amazing & I think they've improved the graphics on both systems since the announcement of the games :) Very awesome! The backgrounds in the 3DS Sonic look AWESOME! :D Very pumped for these two games! The extra content from the Wii U version makes getting that one first a guarantee but those screenshots make it a very hard wait for me to drum up the monies for the 3DS version :O

Edit: This screenshot especially blows my mind: Untitled It's like a beautiful mix of Super Mario 3D Land & Super Mario Sunshine :D

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

@ThomasBW84 Yeah, it's done very well on Wii U, It has a large Miiverse community & IMO was one of if not the premier launch title for Wii U. It got more play in my house than anything. When friends would come over we'd start with Nintendoland but it always seemed like they quickly wanted to switch to Racing Transformed. The 5 player aspect due to the Gamepad player getting his own screen was brilliant and helped demonstrate the Wii U's true potential for multiplayer gaming. Sadly, many games have not taken advantage of this fact. I'm looking at you Splinter Cell!!! Nevertheless it's a fantastic racing game & is more than worthy of being held in the same esteem as the Mario Kart series. I can't believe a sequel hasn't been announced yet!!

Rococoman

Rococoman said:

I am pumped for the 3DS version. While I liked the DS Rush games, I've been jonesin' for a true 3D handheld Sonic.

As for the Wii U version... unfortunately, this is another case where my 3DS has convinced me that I don't need to buy a Wii U. Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Sonic Lost World, Monster hunter... all games where I can get a nearly equivalent experience on the 3DS right now. Not saying that Lost World doesn't look awesome on Wii U... it does, and Sonic Colors on Wii was spectacular. However, I'm not yet sold on taking the plunge on Wii U. So... I'm glad that the 3DS is getting a comparable game!

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

I am so excited for this sonic game seeing how the sonic series is back on track to being awesome again!

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

@rjejr

...Likes Sonic Adventure best, yet...
doesn't like a game with characters other than Sonic?
Sonic Adventure was like 60% playing as non-Sonic characters, wasn't it?
Don't get me wrong, I love Sonic Adventure - I just never understood all the hate for secondary Sonic characters these days.

FX29

FX29 said:

Wow this game actually has caught my interest. I'm not even a fan of Sonic and I'm tempted to buy the 3DS version since I don't have a Wii U. Hopefully the reviews are positive.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

@kokirii Wow I thought Sonic Lost Worlds was gonna be $60. But now I know its $50, was gonna get 3DS version...forget that, here I come Wii U version. Thx

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

3DS version is looking nice. If reviews are good, I'll definitely pick this up next year.

GreatPlayer

GreatPlayer said:

@Dreamcaster-X They should make Sonic Transformed 2 and beat the crap out of Mario Kart 8. Nintendo Land... is it really that good as people claim? I only like Zelda and thought other minigames were pretty boring.

feelthesarcasm

feelthesarcasm said:

@withoutdk People said they didn't get dizzy playing the 3ds version but some people that are sensitive did get a little sick when playing the Wii U version.

feelthesarcasm

feelthesarcasm said:

I'm definitely going to get the 3ds version but probably not first day. With Dual Destinies, Pokemon, saving up for ALBW and the fact that I'm still playing through Dream Team, I'll be plenty busy but will hopefully get it by the end of the year.