Scribblenauts Creator 5th Cell Hopes To Continue Working On Wii U And 3DS

Posted by Damien McFerran

"We’ve enjoyed developing for these platforms tremendously"

Scribblenauts studio 5th Cell has already given the Wii U and 3DS Scribblenauts Unlimited and is currently hard at work on Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure. Senior Producer Caleb Arseneaux has been speaking to Nintendo World Report about the company's future plans, and if they still involve Nintendo systems.

Thankfully, the reply was a positive one:

We’ve enjoyed developing for these platforms tremendously, and hope to keep working on them in the future.

NWR also asked about self-publishing — arguably the big news for indie studios of late — and got the following response:

Scribblenauts Unmasked is released in North America on September 24th. Are you excited about it?

[via nintendoworldreport.com]

Related Games

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

I'm picking up Scribblenauts Unlimited when I get my Wii U later this year. :)

Frapp

Frapp said:

"Self-publishing is really attractive but we’ve also benefited a lot from our relationship with WB and DC Entertainment on Unmasked. You’ll just have to wait and see what’s next!"
Europeans haven't benefitted, Caleb. AT ALL.
We're still waiting to see Unlimited on Wii U. And I don't trust that tentative December 2013 release date.

Shambo

Shambo said:

I love it when developers of fine games love making them for great and original systems. As said many times before, I only have firsthand experience with the DS games though, sadly. It would -and should- 've been a launch day purchase for my Wii U. But I'm going to get Unmasked -and perhaps still Unlimited, later- when it arrives in Europe.
Sceptical me wants me to replace 'when' with 'if'. But I won't.

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

You want to continue working with Nintendo? RELEASE YOUR GAMES IN THE UK!!!!

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Unmasked doesn't really interest me much, since I'm not big on superheroes. I do love the Scribblenauts series, though, so hopefully we'll get more innovation from 5th Cell in the future.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

@Emblem

I can't see them releasing this before Scribblenauts Unltd. Guessing April-June release for Unmasked so they don't clash.

Emblem

Emblem said:

Steam has Unmasked listed for the 24th September, i would prefer it on Wii U but if if it takes as long as Unlimited i may just get the steam version instead.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

After Scribblenauts Unlimited I don't think I'm buying another Scribblenauts. The developers have forgotten (or just got lazy about) what makes the game fun, navigating courses and solving puzzles with creativity, not the the endless quizzes on top of quizzes. On top of that, allowing you to add adjectives to Maxwell and objects you didn't create plain broke the game.

HappyHappyist

HappyHappyist said:

i like the first two scribblenauts, i hate unlimited. if the newer games are more like unlimited, i will not buy them.