Rumour: Ubisoft Press Day Leak Reveals Rabbids, Rayman and More Assassin's Creed

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Surely "Assassin's Creed: Pirates" isn't a thing...

We do enjoy the occasional juicy rumour here at Nintendo Life, especially when it involves unannounced games. Remember when rumours spread that the latest Assassin's Creed title would feature pirates? Oh how we chuckled...

Of course, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag will undoubtedly tackle its setting with a straight face, especially as the game is taking cues from historical figures and accounts. That's fine, though a supposedly leaked image from an upcoming "Ubisoft Digital Day 2013" press event reveals various games, including Assassin's Creed: Pirates — surely not.

In any case below is a list of the previously unannounced games that may or may not have been genuinely leaked.

• Assassin's Creed Liberation HD
  • Assassin's Creed: Pirates
  • Autodance 2
  • EndWar Online
  • Rabbids: Big Bang
  • Rayman: Fiesta Run
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Liberation HD would be a port of the previous Vita exclusive, while the others are up for speculation. With a title like Digital Day, we suspect that Rayman: Fiesta Run would be a sequel to the popular smartphone title Rayman Jungle Run. Whether some or any of these games are real and / or coming to Nintendo systems is up in the air.

Let us know which of these titles you'd be interested in seeing more of, and if you think any of them are likely to be the real deal.

[via neogaf.com, polygon.com]

Emblem

Emblem said:

Assassin's Creed: Pirates, could be wrong but isn't this a mobile/tablet game?

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Gotta resist the urge--nope, I can't stop it...

"Rayman: Fiesta Run" is the shorter name of the game's full title, "Rayman: Fiesta Run Away From Nintendo Exclusivity"

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

I could see all of these being real, though I think some would be apps. AC: Pirates could be anything from a 3DS or Vita game, to a smartphone app, perhaps not even as a game (it could be a reference of sorts to be used while playing AC4). It's also possible that this is old, and AC: Pirates was just the name used before Black Flag became official. I've been half-expecting Liberation HD, though, ever since they announced the Liberation costume as DLC for the Wii U version of Rayman Legends. The only way such a costume choice would make any sense at all is if Liberation were coming to the Wii U.

jayclayx

jayclayx said:

I have an iPhone 5 and I just hate how games are becoming garbage, ugly gameplay, low budget, yeah sadly includes sonic.

BATRA

BATRA said:

ENDWARS ONLINE WAS ON THE PS3 AND IT WAS A VERY BAD GAME HOPE THAT THEY FIX A LOTS OF PROBLEM ON THIS RTS GAME

skjia

skjia said:

The new assassin's creed has an online feature where you can log in and manage your pirate fleet from your smart phone and send them on missions. That could be what ac:pirates is.

feelthesarcasm

feelthesarcasm said:

I'm thinking the Rabbids game will be on 3DS. I knew another game was coming because the Rabbids series just began airing on Nickelodeon about a month ago, which may give the games an even larger child fanbase.

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

Hmmm looks like I need to beat Liberation on my Vita before HD comes out and it becomes obsolete and non-exclusive :P

FishieFish

FishieFish said:

I see the Rabbids game and Liberations HD being real.

Assassin's Creed: Pirates? Hopefully it is just a smartphone game.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

It's probably a smartphone app. Ahhh, smartphone apps- a whole new breed of game. Utter garbage, the whole lot of em.

Kasplat

Kasplat said:

I like that game on the right- the mighty quest for epic loot. I hope its aptly named. The rest look like junk.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

I wish Ubisoft would give us a Sailing/pirate game and drop the stupid assassin's creed story stuff. One thing I've really wanted is a next-gen Uncharted Waters game. Koei isn't going to oblige so I wish someone else would step up to the plate. Open world sailing exploration do what you want with great graphics, mechanics, and gameplay! Somebody...?

Shambo

Shambo said:

Hopefully, Rabbids will be like Rabbids go home, but also available on Wii U. But I'm afraid we're looking at their mobile games list. The titles are all pretty simplistic...

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

@MadAussieBloke
Let the great milking of the Ubisoft franchise continue
Fixed that for you ;) Although to be honest they are no more guilty of that than any other game developer.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

eh these do sound like old tittles or like mobile type games not like the usual game tittles for the home consoles so we will see

i hope AC:pirates is not the next game -_-

LordsOfSkulls

LordsOfSkulls said:

am i only one excited about Valiant Hearts?

o.o I LOVE VALIANT Hearts Series one of best SRPGs from Playstation 1 era